5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmmm, I would love to see yours when you get it on. My truck is granite also, think the matte black would blend very well.
Yeah I think it should work well with the black badges that I swapped on. I will take pictures once I actually put them on. I just like having that sticker on there to break up that big panel on the side of the bed.

UNL67Volvo

Reaction score
I've had them on all my trucks, allows you to crack the window in the rain without water coming in. Also on nice days, you can crack and lowers wind noise. Now when I have a truck without, it doesn't look right. 😁
Also allows you to more–safely crack your windows when the truck is parked in the summertime, to reduce internal temps.
EDIT: looks like HSKR R/T beat me

JbVt

Reaction score
Ordered the oval muffler direct fit from b2 fab! Unfortunately due to high demand he can’t ship it until may! Oh well at least I know it’s coming.
Finally got all the bits and pieces to install some aux led reverse lights. Using curt adapter and some led pods. Maybe get those hooked up if weather isn’t too bad this week. Now to just figure out my level/lift and tires I’ll be good. Considering ordering Eibachs due to bilsteins being backed up. We shall see.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nice! I usually keep my tow bar in all the time but just took it out, noticed a bit of rust accumulating on the bottom of my receiver hitch. Have to nip that in the butt ASAP! What do folks do to remedy that anyways?
I just did a few spots on my spare tire and the hitch receiver with "Permatex Rust Treatment" the other day. Can't reach any conclusions at this point. I used a hitch extender about a dozen times and it removed some of the paint on the hitch.

djjr50

Reaction score
Tried to get organized today... was getting tired of the pens going everywhere when you pick the console up, and same with all the business cards mine and local businesses.
I love this idea!

Did you rely on the adhesive of those products? I wonder if it will hold in the Florida heat.

TheMopars

Reaction score
:cry: You just had to point that out didn't you...

tape off the rotors, self etching primer and high heat paint?
Hahaha, yeah, it bothered me so much on my Challenger I had to paint them and that was even before I got the black Scat Pack rims. Bingo on the process, I also painted the edges/vanes.

21_Tank

Reaction score
I ordered my BTS on Jan 8th, picked it up last Mon. I've spent all day correcting the paint before ceramic coating it. Still not done with it. It came from the factory with a TON of swirl marks, and my dealership didn't wash it as per my instructions. Only put 104 miles on it so far. This is my 5th Ram, most luxurious by far, but the clearcoat on these 2021's seem very soft.

Attachments

• 20210329_194723.jpg
    20210329_194723.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 204
  • 20210330_151827.jpg
    20210330_151827.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 204

My_first_RAM

Reaction score
I ordered my BTS on Jan 8th, picked it up last Mon. I've spent all day correcting the paint before ceramic coating it. Still not done with it. It came from the factory with a TON of swirl marks, and my dealership didn't wash it as per my instructions. Only put 104 miles on it so far. This is my 5th Ram, most luxurious by far, but the clearcoat on these 2021's seem very soft.
Love the flag in your garage!

Idaho970

Reaction score
Hahaha, yeah, it bothered me so much on my Challenger I had to paint them and that was even before I got the black Scat Pack rims. Bingo on the process, I also painted the edges/vanes.
Did you just tape them off with painters tape?

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I have been toying over idea of doing some debadging and adding a tonneau cover. With pandemic boredom setting in, I pulled the trigger.

For the debadging, I was not sure about doing the entire truck, so I just did the tailgate. With the use of fishing-line, wife's hairdryer, fingernails and goo gone... It came out nice after a wash down. Any opinions on doing the RAMs on the side?

I didn't want to blow the bank on a tonneau cover, but I wanted something nice looking and with the Rambox, your options get narrowed down. The hard folding one from Mopar is nice, but wife gave me a budget on spoiling myself, lol. I went with the Truxedo Pro X15 Roll-Up.

Hope the pics help out anyone thinking about the same things.

View attachment 87561 View attachment 87562 View attachment 87563 View attachment 87564 View attachment 87565 View attachment 87566 View attachment 87567

Personally I love the debadged look. I removed everything except the hood badge and tailgate ram head. So much cleaner and everyone still knows it’s a ram lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheMopars

Reaction score
Did you just tape them off with painters tape?
I think I used regular masking tape so it would stick better. But if you get any over spray on it it was easy to get off with a little paint thinner and a rag. I didn't wait long to unmask after I was finished spraying. IIRC I used a matt finish that matched the rims better over a flat or gloss. Here's a shot with the rim off, I touched them up again when I had the rotors turned.

Attachments

• IMG_0325.jpeg
    IMG_0325.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 185

Users who are viewing this thread