5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Silly question. What’s the purpose of these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I use mine mostly to leave windows cracked on hot days to vent heat and not tell that windows are cracked. Also keeps water out in case it rains while parked. I've never had any luck with them keeping water out while driving. The water still drips in off the edge from wind buffeting while driving.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
See below.

Amazon at front door now....

Meh, not as big as I expected, but it will work for my small and medium dogs. One is 12# the other is 30ish and should be close to done growing.
I might reverse them but the armrests and window sills are covered, so I feel confident she won't destroy my truck in a single trip.
IMG_20210329_202327.jpg IMG_20210329_202521.jpg

Njramman19

Reaction score
Did you do the install yourself (driveway)? If so, how hard was it?
Took about 2 hours, got the stock exhaust off without having to cut it. Dropping the spare tire and drivers side heat shield helped a ton. I’ve been working on cars since I was a kid so an exhaust install was pretty easy for me. I would recommend buying an exhaust hanger removal tool off Amazon and spraying some lubricant on the hangers.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you end up cutting the driver side pipe? I’m trying to find the best way to do a driveway instal of the Borla system without cutting the pipes. Want them intact in case I want to put them back on (doubtful pending wife’s reaction), or to make them easier to sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered these.
They show to be out for delivery, so I'll snap some install pics this evening (assuming they get here at a reasonable hour)
View attachment 87436
I have these and love them. I didn't use the velcro strips and they stay in the windows and in place perfect. Easy to take in and out. I got the BABYLTRL back seat cover but looks like they do not sell it anymore on Amazon. Great material - waterproof and easy to clean off. I opted to not get the hammock style, my guy stays put.

1617074955584.png

TPA-RAM

Reaction score
Took about 2 hours, got the stock exhaust off without having to cut it. Dropping the spare tire and drivers side heat shield helped a ton. I’ve been working on cars since I was a kid so an exhaust install was pretty easy for me. I would recommend buying an exhaust hanger removal tool off Amazon and spraying some lubricant on the hangers.
Was you truck lifted or stock at the time you removed the exhaust?

brian1684

Reaction score
Ordered Extang Solid Fold 2.0 tonneau. Should be in and installed this weekend.

Weathertech mud flaps and hood protector.

Bought emergency tool kit that fits in the back floor compartments.

Only thing extra the truck needed. Came pretty much already fully loaded and set up.

Kewlone2gq

Reaction score
So I have been toying over idea of doing some debadging and adding a tonneau cover. With pandemic boredom setting in, I pulled the trigger.

For the debadging, I was not sure about doing the entire truck, so I just did the tailgate. With the use of fishing-line, wife's hairdryer, fingernails and goo gone... It came out nice after a wash down. Any opinions on doing the RAMs on the side?

I didn't want to blow the bank on a tonneau cover, but I wanted something nice looking and with the Rambox, your options get narrowed down. The hard folding one from Mopar is nice, but wife gave me a budget on spoiling myself, lol. I went with the Truxedo Pro X15 Roll-Up.

Hope the pics help out anyone thinking about the same things.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg

Last edited:

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Order some matte black "Off-road" stickers for my truck to replace the silver ones that I took off a while back.

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So I have been toying over idea of doing some debadging and adding a tonneau cover. With pandemic boredom setting in, I pulled the trigger.

For the debadging, I was not sure about doing the entire truck, so I just did the tailgate. With the use of fishing-line, wife's hairdryer, fingernails and goo gone... It came out nice after a wash down. Any opinions on doing the RAMs on the side?

I didn't want to blow the bank on a tonneau cover, but I wanted something nice looking and with the Rambox, your options get narrowed down. The hard folding one from Mopar is nice, but wife gave me a budget on spoiling myself, lol. I went with the Truxedo Pro X15 Roll-Up.

Hope the pics help out anyone thinking about the same things.

View attachment 87561 View attachment 87562 View attachment 87563 View attachment 87564 View attachment 87565 View attachment 87566 View attachment 87567
Yank em all!

JbVt

Reaction score
Order some matte black "Off-road" stickers for my truck to replace the silver ones that I took off a while back.
Link? Would like to see the difference in sticker color.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My first ever mod for the Ram... a simple hitch mount d-ring shackle. It may not be much, but it’s mine!

Is that to hook the massive chain and ball for the wife as she drags you down? haha...Just kidding.

JbVt

Reaction score
My first ever mod for the Ram... a simple hitch mount d-ring shackle. It may not be much, but it’s mine!
Nice! I usually keep my tow bar in all the time but just took it out, noticed a bit of rust accumulating on the bottom of my receiver hitch. Have to nip that in the butt ASAP! What do folks do to remedy that anyways?

Users who are viewing this thread