5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Post a pic of the chip with something of size to reference. That sounds like ALOT! I realize they’ll paint the whole panel, remove necessary parts that need to be removed etc. but that’s a lot.
Painted
View attachment 6081
It's a super small chip. I tried touch up paint first, but it was down to the metal and there is still an indention, not real happy with how it turned out. I realize pretty much no one is ever going to see it, but I know it's there and that's bad enough.
Fender flares off of a Laramie, Chip covered done. Although they be more expensive from the stealership than the repair.

Trevorray12

Reaction score
Painted

Fender flares off of a Laramie, Chip covered done. Although they be more expensive from the stealership than the repair.
That's pretty much what I was thinking. Live with the touch up paint for now then throw on some matched flares(apparently the truck needs them). I just haven't seen any OEM style flares for sale.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Painted the "Limited" in the rub strip black. It'll take one more coat. Looking at it this morning, it's too light. Once I get the second coat on I'll take a picture.

My truck is black. If it was a different color, I'd paint it to match the body color.

Ezshooter

JAFO
Reaction score
Painted the "Limited" in the rub strip black. It'll take one more coat. Looking at it this morning, it's too light. Once I get the second coat on I'll take a picture.

My truck is black. If it was a different color, I'd paint it to match the body color.
That’s a good idea - I de-badged my limited except for the rub strip, I’ve got the Tri-coat ivory, did you use plasti-dip spray or hand paint? Really interested in seeing what it turns out like.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s a good idea - I de-badged my limited except for the rub strip, I’ve got the Tri-coat ivory, did you use plasti-dip spray or hand paint? Really interested in seeing what it turns out like.

I just use Rustoleum that I have around. What I do is wipe it with some alcohol, then brush it on. Even the area around the lettering. Then I take a paper towel wet/damp with mineral spirits, wrap it around a straight edge and wipe it off. The paint stays in the lettering that way. Here's a pic of lettering on my Jeep done the same way.
IMG_20170725_100229820.jpg

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I recently installed a set of Gatorback mud flaps and had the front windows tinted yesterday.

Attachments

• B6B79620-C3CD-49B3-93EA-2B0D779D5F06.jpeg
    B6B79620-C3CD-49B3-93EA-2B0D779D5F06.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 242
  • 3CF80DEE-FC33-4E39-97A1-9B1E1D09EEF8.jpeg
    3CF80DEE-FC33-4E39-97A1-9B1E1D09EEF8.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 283
  • 3358CE24-7313-42D0-80CC-3E8AB8C60FB8.jpeg
    3358CE24-7313-42D0-80CC-3E8AB8C60FB8.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 280

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed my bed step! This is hands down the best solution for getting into your bed. I must have gotten the last one shipped before they ran out but I have to say Mopar's packing sucks. It was loose in a cardboard box and had broken through all sides and the hardware bag was torn open. Good thing everything was in there and it's built tough:
20181012_144627.jpg

And for those keeping track of payload, the step itself weighs 16 lbs. I didn't weigh the three bolts. Also of note, It mounts with three bolts and they include one nut and another captive nut welded to a ~6" steel handle (see in pic above) and the instructions show where to use them but I didn't need either nut since my frame had welded in nuts in all three locations. Maybe they made the frame change in anticipation of selling a lot more of these?

Quick and easy install.

Anyway, it's awesome and I'm going to enjoy it every day I don't get any younger.
20181012_160746.jpg

wacked4

Reaction score
Installed my bed step! This is hands down the best solution for getting into your bed. I must have gotten the last one shipped before they ran out but I have to say Mopar's packing sucks. It was loose in a cardboard box and had broken through all sides and the hardware bag was torn open. Good thing everything was in there and it's built tough:
View attachment 6242

And for those keeping track of payload, the step itself weighs 16 lbs. I didn't weigh the three bolts. Also of note, It mounts with three bolts and they include one nut and another captive nut welded to a ~6" steel handle (see in pic above) and the instructions show where to use them but I didn't need either nut since my frame had welded in nuts in all three locations. Maybe they made the frame change in anticipation of selling a lot more of these?

Quick and easy install.

Anyway, it's awesome and I'm going to enjoy it every day I don't get any younger.
View attachment 6243 wow! that step is awesome. what is the list price and part # of it if you don't mind.

wacked4

Reaction score
wow! that step is awesome. what is the list price and part # of it if you don't mind.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
wow! that step is awesome. what is the list price and part # of it if you don't mind.

Read on another thread that the online guys are sold out until a revised one gets released in Nov, if I'm recalling correctly. I ordered this one from Mopar America for $276. SKU/Description:
82215289AB Step Kit-Side

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those rear bed steps are tempting :unsure:

I ordered the Gator Tri-Fold Tonneau cover and a full set of WeatherTech mud flaps for mine today. Will post pics when the are on the truck.

drsubie

Reaction score
I like the bedstep, I think it's almost a must-have, either that or I'm getting old. Getting in/out of this bed is a chore, I really miss my F150 integrated bed step and 'stripper pole' lol.

But $276? Man, they know how to get you on something that should almost be standard equipment (like the F150 step and the GMC Sierra tailgate)

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My step was shipped to me as if it were related to the mummy. It took awhile to cut through all of the bubble wrap to the point where I really thought they were messing with me.

Users who are viewing this thread