5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My only issue is I wish it cane with a tailgate seal. I didn't realize how big of a gap the tailgate has with the bed...

The Retrax it's self is an excellent buy!
You can adjust that by moving your canister back off the cab after you install your retrax. ( That why you have the wide seal in between the canister and cover its self) It will bump up hard and tight against the T gate of your Ram. if you get just a start of "ripple" in the retrax cover back the canister off back towards your cab just a tad until its gone and it wont leak at all...even under pressure was at tail gate. The cover actually is designed to go over top you gate cap to keep water out,

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Purchased the Big Horn sport grill which comes "ready to paint" in primer with gloss black inserts. I purchased it from Avondale automotive in AZ and had them paint it before shipping to me in CA. they did a really nice job on the paint match.
Thanks for the information...I just may have to order me one....is the cost reasonable?

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the information...I just may have to order me one....is the cost reasonable?

Depends where you live since the price includes shipping but they give you a really good discount off of MSRP. I think I paid around $775 for the grill, applique and cost to paint the grill and have it shipped to me. Shipping is expensive since the applique and grill are in huge boxes. They actually shipped the painted part to me separately since they wanted to allow it to cure in their shop. I've ordered a lot of stuff from Avondale and they answer all my dumb questions and requests for part numbers so I didn't mind spending what I did. So you may be able to get it cheaper locally and if you paint it yourself or know a local paint shop.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Leveled it yesterday with the Readylift 2" kit with Control Arms and washed it this morning. I thought it was gimmicky but I bought one of those $15 spray foam bottle attachments off of amazon. I have to admit, it works really good and made washing it quicker. I highly recommend one if you already have a power washer.

washed.jpg

Alignment tomorrow, Wheels on Tuesday and tint the front two windows to match the rear later this week and then I am calling it done!

RAM805

Reaction score
Leveled it yesterday with the Readylift 2" kit with Control Arms and washed it this morning. I thought it was gimmicky but I bought one of those $15 spray foam bottle attachments off of amazon. I have to admit, it works really good and made washing it quicker. I highly recommend one if you already have a power washer.

View attachment 5936

Alignment tomorrow, Wheels on Tuesday and tint the front two windows to match the rear later this week and then I am calling it done!
Looks great! Is this just a 2" front leveling lift? How does it drive now? I have similar build.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks great! Is this just a 2" front leveling lift? How does it drive now? I have similar build.

Just the Readylift 2” level with control arms on an off road group optioned truck. Not much of a ride difference. It does feel just a little higher. My 14 was 2” leveled so now I feel like I’m home if you will but with the nice 19 ride.

John813

Reaction score
#2 oil change at 5,500 miles. Removed the tailgate adhesives(Laramie).

Noticed a very small amount of oil/dirt at the rear main seal, but over the 4,500 miles driven between oil change 1 and 2, never saw a drop in oil level.

Longhorn

Reaction score
Had a 14” magnaflow 5x8 oval muffler installed, nice low rumble sound. Can hear it in the cab while accelerating and then goes away when at cruising speed or when you lay off the gas. Give it a little more low rumble sound but not to loud at all. Video quality really doesn’t do justice to the sound as in person does. (Trying to upload video, may be a to be continued:()Also had a rare no sport Saturday so the kids and I give it a full detail, wash and wax, door jams and all, full interior and glass detail. She sure shines now! Also installed a couple led light strips under the tailgate!

Is this the black with new saddle interior? It is beautiful.

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_20181008_171928.jpg
    IMG_20181008_171928.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 254
  • IMG_20181008_172811.jpg
    IMG_20181008_172811.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 251

Trevorray12

Reaction score
I just installed these last night:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D1FVK93/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Nice color on the box lights, however I didn't notice much difference on the brake light. I kind of would have liked them to be slightly brighter, I think but was 4 screws and cheap mod.
Thanks for the repsonse, I love these trucks, but hate the mismatched lights on the back. I have no idea why the premium light package doesn't get LEDs.

TimG

Reaction score

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had some new rims and tires put on today. Moto Metal 970 in Gloss Black with Milled Face. 20" x 9", 0 Offset & BFGoodrich T/A KO2 in 275/65/R20 (34.1" x 10.8" x 20")

Probably a little conservative for some of you guys but I wanted to maintain the stock 10.8" tire width to keep the ride like stock. While I did not take a pic of the front, the 2" Level I did and the new tires really makes the front look great.

Side Pic

truck.jpg

Close up of the wheel
(yep, truck is dirty again, lol)
passfront.jpg

Front pic to show how the tire sticks out due to the 0 offset. Identical to stock on an Off Road Optioned Ram.
overhang.jpg

Extremely happy with how it turned out. Most guys would probably run 35's and I am pretty certain I have room but I don't like a stuffed look. Maybe that will grow on me in a few years when I need new tires? Tint on Thursday and I am calling it done!

Users who are viewing this thread