5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
Went to first car warsh since I got it on 10/01. (Been cloudy cold and rainy since I got it). No sunroof leaks, no wet floors, hk stereo loud and proud. I snuck some pics at flag football this morning.

Next up, got xpel ultimate estimate, just need to get scheduled.

Attachments

• IMG_20181013_103617.jpg
    IMG_20181013_103617.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 236

wacked4

Reaction score
Read on another thread that the online guys are sold out until a revised one gets released in Nov, if I'm recalling correctly. I ordered this one from Mopar America for $276. SKU/Description:
82215289AB Step Kit-Side
Thanks!!

drsubie

Reaction score
Finally got some stuff in and installed:
  • BakFlip MX4--finally got it in after a long delay; the aluminum skin is a nice matte finish (I had the fiberglass BakFlip on my F150 and I think I like the matte finish more).
  • Amp BedXtender
  • Ebay oil catch can--couldn't wait for and didn't want to pay for a Billet Tech catch can; this ebay one came out pretty nice, fairly easy install though I wish some of the bolts were a bit longer... $56 shipped, took ~2 wks. Seller is kyostar777, very happy with purchase.
20181013_122630.jpg 20181013_152730.jpg 20181013_122658.jpg

TurdFerguson

Reaction score
Where did you take your truck to for the Dash Cam installation and which Blackvue DasCams did you get? I’m considering the same thing for my truck. Any pictures you could share would be appreciated, trying to get ideas on how or where to mount both cameras.

I have run a blackvue 650 2ch for years. Install in the 2019 was pretty straight forward. I pulled the center console and spliced into the wires that power the cigarette lighter. It is only on when the truck is on. The rest of it was just stuffing wires behind the dash and trim and headliner. The coax from front to rear is pretty simple also.

The 650 is great so anything equal to or above should be stellar.

One thing I will caution you about is parking mode. It sounds really cool to have the camera running at night or at work in case someone bumps you. Even with the power magic or the equivalent that Lukas sells you run a good risk of trashing your battery. Automotive 12 v batteries aren't designed for long slow discharges. You get much under 12 volts and it can ruin the battery. There are external batteries that charge while the truck is running and then run the camera while the truck is off.. but you are not going to get long runs that way.. probably 8 hours.

813Hemi

Reaction score
  • BakFlip MX4--finally got it in after a long delay; the aluminum skin is a nice matte finish (I had the fiberglass BakFlip on my F150 and I think I like the matte finish more).
  • Amp BedXtender
  • Ebay oil catch can--couldn't wait for and didn't want to pay for a Billet Tech catch can; this ebay one came out pretty nice, fairly easy install though I wish some of the bolts were a bit longer... $56 shipped, took ~2 wks. Seller is kyostar777, very happy with purchase.
View attachment 6286 View attachment 6287 View attachment 6288
Where'd you get the AMP xtender? The AMP site doesn't list a model available for the 2019's

drsubie

Reaction score
Where'd you get the AMP xtender? The AMP site doesn't list a model available for the 2019's

Morrie at tonneaufactoryoutlet.com hooked me up. I'm pretty sure mine was drop shipiped from AMP, so maybe they didn't update their site, but it's out there, and it fit fine--though I can't get the securing straps to secure to the bed latch...

TurdFerguson

Reaction score
Morrie at tonneaufactoryoutlet.com hooked me up. I'm pretty sure mine was drop shipiped from AMP, so maybe they didn't update their site, but it's out there, and it fit fine--though I can't get the securing straps to secure to the bed latch...
the new extender part number is 74840-00A/01A (silver/black)

JoeRam

Reaction score
  • Amp BedXtender
View attachment 6286 View attachment 6287 View attachment 6288
AutoAccesoriesGarage.com has the Amp Bed Extender as well. Call them for a better price then shown on-line....

Captain

Reaction score
These Threads always seem to be fun and keep us all spending money so chime in and lets get the ball rolling....

Hi 19blkram, Washed all of the dealer's oily detail crap that the Detail Person sprays on the wheels, tires and wheel wells. The detail person at the dealership must REALLY get excited about his job because the stuff was all over the sides of my truck as I rode down the road.

RamMeToo

Reaction score
That’s a good idea - I de-badged my limited except for the rub strip, I’ve got the Tri-coat ivory, did you use plasti-dip spray or hand paint? Really interested in seeing what it turns out like.

Do you have pics posted of your de-badged ivory? I have same color and have been considering de-badging as well and am on the fence. Thanks

Ezshooter

JAFO
Reaction score
Do you have pics posted of your de-badged ivory? Thanks
I don’t but once it stops raining.... I got my truck on the 19th last month - I kid-you-not it has been either overcast or raining for a month. I’m not complaining, but he’s filthy right now - every weekend it’s been raining or I’ve had honey dos. I’ll snap a couple this weekend and post, there’s a forum member that did his whole front end in a chrome delete, and if I remember his was de-badged (a Longhorn in Tri-coat white).
EZ

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi 19blkram, Washed all of the dealer's oily detail crap that the Detail Person sprays on the wheels, tires and wheel wells. The detail person at the dealership must REALLY get excited about his job because the stuff was all over the sides of my truck as I rode down the road.

I laughed because I had all of that too and the "detail person" decided my power running boards needed a thorough coating too.
Maybe a good practical joke someday...

cubsflfan

Reaction score
Line X black premium liner. Weather tech mud flaps. BakFlip X2 tonneau, windows tinted and a little ‘Merica hitch cover in black. 0803FEDB-2CAC-421F-AF73-21D3EDA6C1C6.jpeg 0803FEDB-2CAC-421F-AF73-21D3EDA6C1C6.jpeg

Attachments

• 91649717-823D-4F7E-8713-76BCDE9A304B.jpeg
    91649717-823D-4F7E-8713-76BCDE9A304B.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 315
  • 0BC9042C-F5C8-49EE-8E4C-CDACB87E4523.jpeg
    0BC9042C-F5C8-49EE-8E4C-CDACB87E4523.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 322

Users who are viewing this thread