5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Zeeya

Reaction score
Where did you get the dividers for under the arm rest in the first pic? My stuff is a jumbled up mess in there. 😂
I am finding the links right now. We have a member on here that his sons makes those by digital printer. I ordered the wrong one and had to do a lot of trimming to get it to close, so when I saw this one and it also came with the liner inserts to fit in between each section I bought and it fits really well. I do not have the Limited or Long Horn, Just a Rebel, level 2.
This one is the center arm rest with insert and liners to fit.. (Center Console Organizer Tray for Dodge RAM 1500 2021 2020 2019 Armrest Storage Box Accessories) The (Motrobe Store)

The full kit is another seller. (CupHolderHero) is seller for this kit
CupHolderHero for RAM 1500 Accessories 2019-2021 Interior Non-Slip Anti Dust Cup Holder Inserts, Center Console Liner Mats, Door Pocket 44-pc Set (Crew Cab with Bucket Seats) (Red Trim)
Sorry, for some reason I cannot get the links to copy..... brain f------------
It's all from Amazon, you should be able to type in description or seller name and get to it.

Zeeya

Reaction score
I didn't see the package that came with the top dash piece with phone holder. I am going to see what it cost just for that part. I know just the upper console organizer with liners was $19.99,
I will contact them and see if they sell the top piece separately and give it a try, but I don't think i would want my phone sticking up in the middle of the windshield., but if it is just another 20 bucks i'll probably order it just to try it.. Thanks for adding link. I was having trouble getting to come over to site..

Zeeya

Reaction score
I didn't see the package that came with the top dash piece with phone holder. I am going to see what it cost just for that part. I know just the upper console organizer with liners was $19.99,
I will contact them and see if they sell the top piece separately and give it a try, but I don't think i would want my phone sticking up in the middle of the windshield., but if it is just another 20 bucks i'll probably order it just to try it.. Thanks for adding link. I was having trouble getting to come over to site..
I'll answer my own question.. It looks like the section to go on top of the dash does not work with the 12" screen. I was reading reviews to get one, but Ram owner showed pictures where it will not sit down in the fitting on dash... Not going to try it..

Amerinamese

Reaction score
I did the same thing yesterday. My first oil change in this truck. First time I've used a lift in 20 years. It took me longer than I would have wanted to find the perfect contact points for the lift. I wanted to be extra sure and didn't want it to drop on my head. I did the gal ziplock bag method for the oil filter. No mess!

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am finding the links right now. We have a member on here that his sons makes those by digital printer. I ordered the wrong one and had to do a lot of trimming to get it to close, so when I saw this one and it also came with the liner inserts to fit in between each section I bought and it fits really well. I do not have the Limited or Long Horn, Just a Rebel, level 2.
This one is the center arm rest with insert and liners to fit.. (Center Console Organizer Tray for Dodge RAM 1500 2021 2020 2019 Armrest Storage Box Accessories) The (Motrobe Store)

The full kit is another seller. (CupHolderHero) is seller for this kit
CupHolderHero for RAM 1500 Accessories 2019-2021 Interior Non-Slip Anti Dust Cup Holder Inserts, Center Console Liner Mats, Door Pocket 44-pc Set (Crew Cab with Bucket Seats) (Red Trim)
Sorry, for some reason I cannot get the links to copy..... brain f------------
It's all from Amazon, you should be able to type in description or seller name and get to it.
I have this one:

Air1fam

Reaction score

Attachments

• 20210224_160428.jpg
    20210224_160428.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 104

sergiusdodge

Reaction score
I believe the entire front sensors are controlled by the switch. When I turn them on the sensors beeps non stop. I thought it might learn that there is an obstruction there, but not.
Anyway I will install bull bar soon 🤪
And after will see.
Thank you for answers.

Amerinamese

Reaction score
My Truxedo Pro X15 arrived today. Installed easily in a matter of minutes. Shout out to Lucas at Truck Alterations for the great price!
[email protected]
60e467d48995b9c6e070d64379922afd.jpg
f4d56407499cb26c388bd6a6ff89b115.jpg
7fba608094f5b8b042eb8b963f5e5837.jpg
f10e0727284aa680cd4c8143faf862ae.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

WReckeR

Reaction score
1st oil change. Mopar filter (its a quality filter) and Rotella 5w-20 full synthetic. 1100 miles on truck. Original oil filter very tight...oil drained normal, slightly dirty but ok. Opening of filter inner and outer media evidenced no metal or carbon. Piece of mind...
This is interesting to me. Often with newly broken in engines, it's historically been recommended to do an oil change after 500 miles, or definitely before the normal 3000-6000. I'm just under 1200 miles and I've been thinking about the sense in doing one early. Our Rams have duty cycle and maybe sensors employed to recommend when to change the oil. My alternative is to wait until the truck tells me it's time.

The fact that your oil wasn't very dirty and your filter was relatively clean as well is one data point in favor of waiting longer. A DIY oil change isn't expensive, but it isn't free either.

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is interesting to me. Often with newly broken in engines, it's historically been recommended to do an oil change after 500 miles, or definitely before the normal 3000-6000. I'm just under 1200 miles and I've been thinking about the sense in doing one early. Our Rams have duty cycle and maybe sensors employed to recommend when to change the oil. My alternative is to wait until the truck tells me it's time.

The fact that your oil wasn't very dirty and your filter was relatively clean as well is one data point in favor of waiting longer. A DIY oil change isn't expensive, but it isn't free either.
No sensors, just an algorithm in the ECM that is mostly based on miles driven since last reset.

It's probably overkill, but I changed around 1,500 miles, then 5k miles, and have changed every 5k miles since. I have driven 18k miles since I bought her new in Dec 2019 and she doesn't burn a drop.. so I guess it was good enough.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
No sensors, just an algorithm in the ECM that is mostly based on miles driven since last reset.

It's probably overkill, but I changed around 1,500 miles, then 5k miles, and have changed every 5k miles since. I have driven 18k miles since I bought her new in Dec 2019 and she doesn't burn a drop.. so I guess it was good enough.
THIS^^^ Exactly what I do as well on all my vehicles. I just hit 1500 so it goes in next week for its first oil change and then again at 5K and every 5K after until 2023.

Air1fam

Reaction score

Interestingly, I see it as an unknown. I'm sure the factory fill oil was ok... That being said, the oil was a deep yellow/gold in color on the stick, not more clear like synthetic. Definitely could be Dino contrary to what you may think as others stated its synthetic. My guess was synthetic blend. Drain was in my opinion dirtier than it should have been by 40% comparably. Definitely notable a newly built engine as very light gritty particulate when filtered though a white cotton rag.
Nonetheless, now for me it's a known quantity and might just run a bit smoother. Probably just in my mind. I'm like that...

Rebel19

Reaction score
Added a Rubber bed liner to my truck, which should help to keep things in place. Also hoping it will prevent further damage to the factory spray-in bed liner. I moved a small office size fridge and took a good little chunk out of the bed liner...:(

Before:
After:
I also did a paint touch-up on the wheel.....got some nasty curb rash.😭😭😭

Your rubber bed mat looks great. Where did you get it ?...

kevmo

Reaction score
Today was ordering day. Got approval for first two, begging forgiveness for the steps. Wish me luck!

Timber Grove air bags
Bilstein leveling shocks
Tube steps

Users who are viewing this thread