5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Installed Hellwig sway bar and Airaid drop-in. Set Hellwig to center hole, not much change in feeling over bumps in a straight line, definitely more tight in turns - the wife noticed it, so it must be real :D . Interestingly, with the Airaid it is a little louder on moderate acceleration. I did not expect that, certainly doesn't bother me, though not noticeably louder under full pedal :unsure:

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you use your vehicle for work? Contractor / own your own business? What I'm getting at is, do you figure it into your tax return. After living 15 years without a truck payment, and now looking forward to paying five years for this amount of money, it's hard to get in the heads of others who are constantly upgrading every couple of years. Obviously easier if you make six figures.

On the ceramic coat, did you use regular retail products? I assume the professional grade products are of much higher quality.

16 hours of work is...a lot. I'm not the guy that says my time is too valuable to do it myself. I do EVERYTHING myself. But I bought a truck just now, in my midwestern winter. Can't really sit in the driveway every day polishing my truck like a Floridian can. For fear of the elements, I haven't driven it since last weekend when I drove it home from South Carolina. It just sits in the driveway avoiding the salted roads.
I guess I’m that guy. I work usually 6 days a week, so not only do I not have 16 hours to spend on my truck doing paint correction and ceramic coating, I’ve got other things to do in my 1 day off.
Don’t get me wrong, I love my truck and take care of it. It gets washed 2-3 times a week. Every spring it goes in for fallout removal and a cut and polish.
I do make a 6 figure income, but still can’t justify spending $1,000’s on something I don’t feel would make that much of a difference on my truck. White trucks are different. They don’t have the reflective properties that the dark colors have.
705256F0-0624-4E27-AD54-E176E0A8D106.jpeg

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Curious, what about a catch can would cause your truck to fail emissions? Or is it just something the inspectors say "Don't do"?
I'm pretty sure in California, smog site will fail you if they see almost anything after market under the hood. if they can see the catch can they can fail you. I lived there for two years but never got my vehicles registered because of this.

RookieDDZ

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure in California, smog site will fail you if they see almost anything after market under the hood. if they can see the catch can they can fail you. I lived there for two years but never got my vehicles registered because of this.
That sucks. Good thing the OCC takes little time to remove, then put back on. :)

davidn0021

Reaction score
Apparently, California feels if you mess with the PCV then it's considered illegal and will fail emissions. I'm not too worried, though as I won't need a smog check for at least another 2 years or so. If I still have the truck, then I'll just remove the lines and put back the stock PCV line. Takes all of 15-30 minutes.

JonUSN

Reaction score
6CCC2F7C-F869-44F9-85BA-C2CC48EB6353.jpeg 6577E4EB-4BB3-4BE3-9E7B-7A5F6D9BE4B9.jpeg

Damnit! My quest to park in garage as tight as a can to the wall so that my wife/kids don’t give me any door dings backfired!

Sadly this is my own fault , probably so many methods to go to fix this. Not sure my best price vs final product option. help!

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 81981 View attachment 81982

Damnit! My quest to park in garage as tight as a can to the wall so that my wife/kids don’t give me any door dings backfired!

Sadly this is my own fault , probably so many methods to go to fix this. Not sure my best price vs final product option. help!
Is it just paint transfer or did it actually dig into your clear coat and paint?

JonUSN

Reaction score
Is it just paint transfer or did it actually dig into your clear coat and paint?
i was hoping for some paint transfer. but got on it with water spray and microfiber. It’s pretty deep.

moparleo51

Reaction score
i was hoping for some paint transfer. but got on it with water spray and microfiber. It’s pretty deep.
at least its on the fender flare, you can probably take it off and maybe use drcolorchip process, since its not in a highly visible place like on a door. just an idea.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got the RC wheel well liners installed. Neighbors probably wondered why I was outside with the hose rinsing off the truck when it’s 18° out, but I didn’t want a bunch of crap caked in there. Got it warmed up and dried off in the garage and had each side installed in just a few minutes. Instant improvement and they are much thicker than the factory ones I had on the bighorn.

Users who are viewing this thread