5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Added some grill lights to the Rebel this weekend.
Great job my friend. As an EE, and a guy whose been installing electronics in cars forever, I recommend the following:

1. LEDs use very little power...typically milliamps. Therefore, a 10A fuse is WAAAY to big. I recommend a 1A fuse, if you can find one, or a 2-3A, but no more
2. Do not use BUTT connectors that can be subjected to weather (even though you heat shrink wrapped them) try the solder connectors in my link below and then place an additional piece of heat shrink tubing for additional protection

Otherwise...I thought you did a nice job explaining the circuit, using a relay (great idea) and achieving a nice look. Personally, I'd go for the 3-LED look and not the 4, but that's just me ;) One above the R, another centered above the A and the last centered above the M.

Last edited:

EJ84

Reaction score
Professional, I’m going to have the truck for a long time. Granite Crystal looks phenomenal with the ceramic coating.

I went with professional because I just have to take it back once a year for an inspection and they will fix any imperfections with the coating thanks to the warranty.
Does the ceramic coating make orange peel more or less noticeable?

spencerclift21

Reaction score
Hilarious, I'm dropping my truck off next week. What did they quote you and what did you get?

I got the full ceramic coating gold package with full paint correction, no PPF...just over $2k. This is my second truck done by them in under a year so they took care of me this time.

My 2019 limited was totaled in an accident (not my fault) and that had the ceramic coating and insurance payed me out for it so I got it done again. These trucks are pretty good size so with a pressure washer I can wash my truck to a crystal clear shine in 30 minutes all thanks to this coating. Dirt falls right off.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
The only way to get rid of orange peel is to sand down the clear coat. The ceramic coating is a very thin micron thickness coating that will have zero effect on the orange peel. If you want to pay a shop to sand your entire truck (and not just polish and paint correct) then you can achieve zero peel.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I got the full ceramic coating gold package with full paint correction, no PPF...just over $2k. This is my second truck done by them in under a year so they took care of me this time.

My 2019 limited was totaled in an accident (not my fault) and that had the ceramic coating and insurance payed me out for it so I got it done again. These trucks are pretty good size so with a pressure washer I can wash my truck to a crystal clear shine in 30 minutes all thanks to this coating. Dirt falls right off.
You really should consider doing PPF on the entire front end if you plan on keeping it as ceramic will afford zero protection.

spencerclift21

Reaction score

My personal opinion is that it makes it less noticeable only because people look at how shiny your paint is rather than the awkward orange peel look. My 2019 limited had orange peel and it was hidden by the shine of the coating.

My 2021 doesn’t have the orange peel (at least not what I have seen) and this coating makes it look phenomenal.

spencerclift21

Reaction score
You really should consider doing PPF on the entire front end if you plan on keeping it as ceramic will afford zero protection.

I was considering it, however my rebel doesn’t have any paint on the front of the truck besides the hood. I didn’t see a point in protecting the bash plate and hard plastic bumper/ grill...

davidn0021

Reaction score

Wow, not bad. I'm doing full front PPF with A pillars and roof line and the silver ceramic along w/ tint to all windows for $3800. I have a feeling they're going to charge me to polish the truck too... Still not bad considering I got another quote from a place in Torrance for $4500, but no tint.

spencerclift21

Reaction score
Wow, not bad. I'm doing full front PPF with A pillars and roof line and the silver ceramic along w/ tint to all windows for $3800. I have a feeling they're going to charge me to polish the truck too... Still not bad considering I got another quote from a place in Torrance for $4500, but no tint.

Polished Protection does some amazing work. I had quotes from multiple places before I did my first truck and with the work they did on the first truck, I immediately went right back and they took care of me. Great communication and when they charge your card it stings, however when you pick up your vehicle it’s all worth it. Zero regrets with Polished Protection!

davidn0021

Reaction score
Polished Protection does some amazing work. I had quotes from multiple places before I did my first truck and with the work they did on the first truck, I immediately went right back and they took care of me. Great communication and when they charge your card it stings, however when you pick up your vehicle it’s all worth it. Zero regrets with Polished Protection!

Yeah, I've been dealing with Melinda and she's been really good at educating me on this whole thing as this will be the first time I'm doing this to any vehicle I've owned. That yearly $160 still feels like a money grab though. Ha!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Holy ****! You guys in CA pay a ton more than anywhere else I'm aware of...that's just crazy 😮 It does look amazing, but the price tag is insane.

davidn0021

Reaction score
Holy ****! You guys in CA pay a ton more than anywhere else I'm aware of...that's just crazy 😮 It does look amazing, but the price tag is insane.

Yeah I'm sure most anywhere else in the country, it would be half the cost easily.

Funeman

Reaction score
Did you need to remove the starter? That is what it looks like from a You Tube video. Dealer wanted $545 for parts and labor - no tax:eek:.
No, the ecodiesels come with the heater so all you have to do is purchase and plug in the cord. From there it’s just deciding whether or not you want to install an aftermarket outlet like the noco or not. Cord was $42 from the dealer. Took 15 minutes start to finish.

K_Hub

Reaction score
Took her out to the desert and down some trails I probably shouldn’t have. Let’s just say I’m glad I got home in the dark but not looking forward to waking up in the morning to go inspect the desert stripes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After all the crap that's been going on in NY, along with the POS politicians that screwed your state...are there still people that really live there :unsure:

There are...who knows for how much longer though lol

skylarfaucett

Reaction score
KO2’s and 1.5 Boras went on today

9b97477fa58eb35bd7b2aebf6efef5e1.jpg

cbe7bd98d92bdeeb6b2bb0d61004e0dd.jpg

23f7d1c786de4023b058162ab69c5d6e.jpg

What width and offset are these rims

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors