5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Highly recommend! They did the entire front end, door handle wells (so my long nails don't scratch the paint!) and along door edges. Their package also included side mirrors but I passed on that since they are chrome (plastic) so they covered the headlights instead. Looks amazing and you have to be in the right light at the right angle to see the seam. It's 2' up the hood and wraps around the sides.
The only downside is that I can't handwash for 2 weeks and no carwash for 4. She's gonna get dirty...

Also, highly recommend the ceramic tint. Left there headed home at 5 yesterday and not only was it 94 out, the sun was beating into the windshield all the way home. Took me a minute to realize I was feeling the sun on my arms, but the "oppressive" heat was not there. I think I grinned all the way home.
Great info. I am getting mine done just a few days before my first road trip (DFW to San Antonio to College Station to DFW). I'll probably take a few country highways to avoid I-35, but it'll still be great to have the PPF on first. It'll be tough to wait on a wash afterwards, but I suppose I can at least clean the bugs off of the windshield and grille.

I'm doing a package that includes the headlights / fog lights; partial coverage of the hood, fenders, and mirrors; roof edge and A-pillar; and front fender "cheeks". You make a good point about the chrome mirrors; I'll get a little money back by skipping those. I wish they and the chrome grille could be protected, but I'm told it just won't come out right.

My dealer included Llumar tint on the front windows to match the rest of the truck (they do this on all vehicles they deliver). I figured I could always go back and add a better tint all around, but I haven't noticed the need. I'll need a few 110-degree days under my belt to make that decision.

Rammer76

Reaction score
@Edwards @SpeedyV what type & brand of PPF did you use? I'm seriously looking into PPF but finding an experienced dealer in North Alabama has proven difficult.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@Edwards @SpeedyV what type & brand of PPF did you use? I'm seriously looking into PPF but finding an experienced dealer in North Alabama has proven difficult.
My installer only uses XPEL ULTIMATE Plus (10-year written warranty). There's a PPF thread with some folks much more knowledgeable than me about this stuff...you might seek their advice.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My new wheels arrived Woot woot..
20x10 - 18 offset Fuel Warrior

Waiting on some other goodies to arrive in the next few days...
Like those wheels!! Bought the option of the other wheels when I ordered my truck and i dont like my wheels that well at all....Do those come in 20 inch?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Great info. I am getting mine done just a few days before my first road trip (DFW to San Antonio to College Station to DFW). I'll probably take a few country highways to avoid I-35, but it'll still be great to have the PPF on first. It'll be tough to wait on a wash afterwards, but I suppose I can at least clean the bugs off of the windshield and grille.

I'm doing a package that includes the headlights / fog lights; partial coverage of the hood, fenders, and mirrors; roof edge and A-pillar; and front fender "cheeks". You make a good point about the chrome mirrors; I'll get a little money back by skipping those. I wish they and the chrome grille could be protected, but I'm told it just won't come out right.

My dealer included Llumar tint on the front windows to match the rest of the truck (they do this on all vehicles they deliver). I figured I could always go back and add a better tint all around, but I haven't noticed the need. I'll need a few 110-degree days under my belt to make that decision.

I got the impression they could have done the mirrors, I just questioned why since it wasn't paint.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Place I used was Suntek. 10yr warranty on PPF and lifetime on ceramic tint. I've heard many times you are good as long as it's a high-end name brand film but what you want is a great installer who's been around long to hopefully be around if you ever need them again.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I got the impression they could have done the mirrors, I just questioned why since it wasn't paint.
Plastic chrome chips easily...this is why it would be nice to do the grille. The problem is that it can look 'cloudy' when applied to chrome.

19BlkRam

Reaction score
Like those wheels!! Bought the option of the other wheels when I ordered my truck and i dont like my wheels that well at all....Do those come in 20 inch?
I have 20inch wheels on the truck now. they are not making any larger yet if that's what your asking

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got notified that my bed step has shipped! My pride won't let me use Entry/Exit mode to get up in the bed and I know I don't look graceful so really looking forward to this step.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Today I got rhino lining and a Retrax MX tonneau cover...I definitely need to get the Amp Bed extender in the very near future
Love my retrax too! 2nd one I have had and this new one even better than my old one was!

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you had any issues with losing so much bed space to the canister?
No never lost much at all from the canister and can still use the space below ..... had one like this on the 2014 ram for 4 years too....but I like the matt finish better than the glossy i had in 2014

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
Love my retrax too! 2nd one I have had and this new one even better than my old one was!
My only issue is I wish it cane with a tailgate seal. I didn't realize how big of a gap the tailgate has with the bed...

The Retrax it's self is an excellent buy!

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice looking Grill. Where did you get the color matched grill if I may ask?

Purchased the Big Horn sport grill which comes "ready to paint" in primer with gloss black inserts. I purchased it from Avondale automotive in AZ and had them paint it before shipping to me in CA. they did a really nice job on the paint match.

Users who are viewing this thread