5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

WReckeR

Reaction score
Got the new CHSML from the 2021 Model with Tech Package. It was expensive but looks a lot better. The LED's that light the bed are not as bright as the 3rd party LEDS I had before, other than that I like it. View attachment 79637
I have heard you get a bed camera in the Tech Group too. I assume it's with that light. True or no?
I'm less intent on the digital rearview mirror (except that maybe I could tie in a dash camera there?), and the HUD is cool but not necessary. The main thing I wanted was the bed camera, and $1095 is a lot to pay for that.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have heard you get a bed camera in the Tech Group too. I assume it's with that light. True or no?
I'm less intent on the digital rearview mirror (except that maybe I could tie in a dash camera there?), and the HUD is cool but not necessary. The main thing I wanted was the bed camera, and $1095 is a lot to pay for that.
Yeah, the new 3rd brake light is LED and also has a camera built into it that displays on the new digital rearview mirror.

Gitter

Reaction score
Keep in mind, it is not a cargo/bed camera that points down into your bed. It is a rearview camera that gives you a clearer view of what your rearview mirror already sees. It's clearer in the sense that window tint, stickers, headrests, backseat passengers, and cargo will not obstruct your rearview. Plus, it looks like it might show things better at night from the few videos I have seen.

D.Sull

Reaction score
I’m not usually into after market lighting but that’s pretty sweet...how involved was it to get it wired into the dome?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tapping into the dome light was a piece of cake. There's a yellow wire with black and one with green, if I remember correctly. One is the dome light, one is the ambient light. The hardest part was running wire through the firewall and around and down. I'm pretty pleased though. Looks real good at night. Holler if you have questions.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
KO2’s and 1.5 Boras went on today

9b97477fa58eb35bd7b2aebf6efef5e1.jpg

cbe7bd98d92bdeeb6b2bb0d61004e0dd.jpg

23f7d1c786de4023b058162ab69c5d6e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Changed out puddle lights to some bright a$$ ones! Easy install too!
I hate you! Now I just spent another $32 :ROFLMAO:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Girlfriend got me some Rough Country puck lights for Christmas to go above my power steps... spent like $75 on them... way too much, in my opinion... so I went to Amazon and got some 12v LED strips for $11 and wired them up to my dome light. I'm pretty pleased. They come on when you open the door or touch the handle and illuminate the steps really well at night.
Amazon link please ?

Gio

Reaction score
As others have stated, it does feel like the truck is riding on rails in turns instead of swaying with a good deal of body roll left or right. It doesn't ride much differently when driving in a straight line (although it seems the suspension feels a little stiffer when going over bumps/potholes/etc), but when turning, the truck just feels immensely more stable. Of the basic mods I've done (Pedal Commander, Mopar Intake, Corsa Exhaust, Hellwig Sway Bar, new wheels, Mishimoto Catch Can), if I were forced to choose just one, it would be a close race between the Pedal Commander and the Hellwig Sway Bar.
Thank you for the in depth explanation. The Sway bar looks really ready to get to. I'll have to look into it.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
As others have stated, it does feel like the truck is riding on rails in turns instead of swaying with a good deal of body roll left or right. It doesn't ride much differently when driving in a straight line (although it seems the suspension feels a little stiffer when going over bumps/potholes/etc), but when turning, the truck just feels immensely more stable. Of the basic mods I've done (Pedal Commander, Mopar Intake, Corsa Exhaust, Hellwig Sway Bar, new wheels, Mishimoto Catch Can), if I were forced to choose just one, it would be a close race between the Pedal Commander and the Hellwig Sway Bar.
Do you have a link to where you bought your Hellwig and what you paid?

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If I posted this before, apologies.
Installed a 3' Fire-stick antenna for my mid 80`s Uniden PC55 CB radio.
VSWR is better than I expected. 1.8:1 on channel 20 and 2:1 on channel 1 and 40. fire-stick.jpg decent SWR.jpg Johnson.jpg

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
If I posted this before, apologies.
Installed a 3' Fire-stick antenna for my mid 80`s Uniden PC55 CB radio.
VSWR is better than I expected. 1.8:1 on channel 20 and 2:1 on channel 1 and 40.
CB’s are still a thing??? Last time I used one was back in the 80’s

Users who are viewing this thread