5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Tires mounted and RC rear liners installed...now if it would stop raining
17e23193b8f3ae0cdb1bcdab2af1768c.jpg
9a681f7f69d8849b58fc823cc1b3a392.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Did you run into any issues installing the RC rear liners? I also have a BTS and the instructions they provide don't account for the fender flares so I'm not sure if it changes anything in the process. Did you keep the half-liner on the left side behind the RC liner? I'm not sure I understand why it needs to stay in.

So I am from upstate New York and had to do this to mess with the other Ram owners in this area. Since my package is "Bighorn/Lonestar" I decided to remove the Bighorn emblem and replace it with a Lonestar emblem. For those that don't know, the Lonestar edition is the same exact truck but with different graphics and only sold in Texas! I also put a black one on the passenger side dashboard to continue the illusion (I was going to put that one on the tailgate but it is smaller than I thought and I didn't like the all black there). :LOL:
IMG_2493.JPG
IMG_2494.JPG
IMG_2495.JPG

So I am from upstate New York and had to do this to mess with the other Ram owners in this area. Since my package is "Bighorn/Lonestar" I decided to remove the Bighorn emblem and replace it with a Lonestar emblem. For those that don't know, the Lonestar edition is the same exact truck but with different graphics and only sold in Texas! I also put a black one on the passenger side dashboard to continue the illusion (I was going to put that one on the tailgate but it is smaller than I thought and I didn't like the all black there). :LOL:
View attachment 72060
View attachment 72061
View attachment 72062
Throw some fender flares on it and call it a Laramie!

Gave her a good wash , installed the Rough Country rear wheel well liners

Attachments

• 20201018_135846.jpg
    20201018_135846.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 111
Try-outs for next year. Seeing if I can carry 4 kayaks. ADARAC Aluminum Pro with Malone Stax 2 in the middle and Thule hull-a-ports on the outsides.

View attachment 72064

Awesome!
I have this same rack, have transported 2 kayaks all over Ontario with it. I am planning on getting some J carriers to the setup so I could carry 3 (and maybe someday 4)

cc0b8b6cef787a44f60a28a2c7139b20.jpg

Did you run into any issues installing the RC rear liners? I also have a BTS and the instructions they provide don't account for the fender flares so I'm not sure if it changes anything in the process. Did you keep the half-liner on the left side behind the RC liner? I'm not sure I understand why it needs to stay in.

No issues. Took the rim off though. Yes you keep the half liners on both sides front and back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We bought our first accessory for the new truck this past week.

After week of driving so I can meet the recommended break-in period of 500 miles (before you should tow), I drove home with our new 29' bunkhouse Travel Trailer!!

Between 5.7L Hemi, the 3.92 gear, and the airbag suspension, the Ram handled it like a champ!

20201017_110656.jpg

20201017_110736.jpg

Try-outs for next year. Seeing if I can carry 4 kayaks. ADARAC Aluminum Pro with Malone Stax 2 in the middle and Thule hull-a-ports on the outsides.

View attachment 72064
I have the regular, not the pro and am wondering now if I will get all four up there or not. I do like the Malone Stax 2 .... I had not heard of that one before. Time for some research and experimentation!! Thanks for the info!!!

I have the regular, not the pro and am wondering now if I will get all four up there or not. I do like the Malone Stax 2 .... I had not heard of that one before. Time for some research and experimentation!! Thanks for the info!!!

The regular adarac cross bars are 66" vs 72" for the pro. The Malone Stax can support 4 kayaks if you get another set of foam blocks and straps. That would definitely fit 4 on your rack. I just already had the Thule J carriers. I also like the Malone Fold Away 5.

Went up to Rollins Pass, above alpine, at about 12k ft. Learned about about an old railroad built in 1905 that ran over this pass and still with a lot of remnants of it. Tested the Mopar lift / suspension and new Wildpeak tires. Was an absolute joy and can’t wait for more of these adventures! Sad to see so many fires in our state (last pic is one of a few burning right now), especially from up here. Come on snow!
View attachment 72040
View attachment 72041
View attachment 72044
View attachment 72045View attachment 72046
View attachment 72047
How do you like the Mopar 2in lift kit? I am have debating getting it instead of the motofab leveling kit.

@Morenar absolutely love it! The Fox shocks are awesome. Blown away by how much better the ride is over the stock suspension and it would def do it over again if given the choice. It is not too bad of an install too, as long as you have a good spring compressor.

@Morenar absolutely love it! The Fox shocks are awesome. Blown away by how much better the ride is over the stock suspension and it would def do it over again if given the choice. It is not too bad of an install too, as long as you have a good spring compressor.
Thanks for the feedback. To have it covered under the 3 year/36,000 mile warranty. Do you have to get installed at a RAM service dept?

@Morenar great question...actually not sure about that one. I think I remember reading different thoughts on this one. Some dealers I think have said yes and some have said no...depends on your dealer maybe? I would your local to find out. My dealer did even know this lift existed! I ordered mine online for a whole heck of a lot cheaper ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back