5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

antwon412

Reaction score
i didn't know i needed one of these until now :) thank you for posting this!
Look for the “Softopper” brand. It fits a little better and has some better features in my opinion. But this one was 1/3 the price of new so no complaints!

Kob0583

Reaction score
Sounds good, I have these similar lights but have yet to wire them up. If you don’t mind, could you please let me know which one you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

070f30cfd94c1928159325225f314fae.jpg

Used fuse f60, turns on with ignition. Works great grounded to on of the grounds next to fuse box on the fender.

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Used fuse f60, turns on with ignition. Works great grounded to on of the grounds next to fuse box on the fender.

Nice! I really like that! I might do the same to mine

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
4d48eb857190e2ec624108323ad0c512.jpg

Used 11mm lights from oznium and the surrounds holding them in place are actually drilled out 5/8 rubber feet from ace, looks damn near stock to me.
a343165f7411539ec2354b266abb2bd7.jpg

Close up lights will be amber once my fuse taps arrives.

I used these on my gmc, those things are crazy bright for their size and hide very well! Can you provide a better picture of a single light close up so we can see the mount?

Mother

Reaction score
Lots of vehicles have them (ford, Toyota, ram)

If they are OEM that's different. Added on it's just like the people putting lines of white LED DRL's on their corollas when Audi first started doing it. Just my opinion. If you like it then you do you.

Kob0583

Reaction score
I used these on my gmc, those things are crazy bright for their size and hide very well! Can you provide a better picture of a single light close up so we can see the mount?

44e32c26374931542184c5021ca0355f.jpg

This is one of the rubber feet I drilled out to make the spacer. Just drilled it out and filed just enough I could force the light into the hole. Then just squeezed the rubber into the grill hole. It’s tight, very hard to pull out, was going to add some adhesive but I really don’t think it’s needed. I like how it turned out looks real close to stock. I watched your YouTube in the light bar that’s going to be my next mod though I’m going to use a cheaper controller and sync it to the garage door opener. If you need a closer pick i can grab one in the morning and PM you.

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is one of the rubber feet I drilled out to make the spacer. Just drilled it out and filed just enough I could force the light into the hole. Then just squeezed the rubber into the grill hole. It’s tight, very hard to pull out, was going to add some adhesive but I really don’t think it’s needed. I like how it turned out looks real close to stock. I watched your YouTube in the light bar that’s going to be my next mod though I’m going to use a cheaper controller and sync it to the garage door opener. If you need a closer pick i can grab one in the morning and PM you.

I like that they can be easily removed and you didn't have to permanently cut up the grill! Cutting up my grill is what is holding me up from adding some Scat Pack grill inserts to my grill.

Also...
Please, let's not turn this into a "I don't like what YOU did to YOUR truck" thread...

Kob0583

Reaction score
If they are OEM that's different. Added on it's just like the people putting lines of white LED DRL's on their corollas when Audi first started doing it. Just my opinion. If you like it then you do you.

To each their own but you could apply that logic to a lot of aftermarket mods. Someone started doing it people liked it and followed suit. I like the way it looks and didn’t by a Raptor because I didn’t want one but it doesn’t mean I can admire things I like about the truck or apply it to my own. Like you said you do you.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I let my truck get coated in a nice layer of ash from the fires. Looks like it'll never be clean again for the remaining part of the summer.

Stay safe out there! I work with a lot of people in those areas and most of them took their calls outside wed and thurs ahead of the mess that was about to drift to them and they no longer could go outside.

Can you imagine being the kid who’s gender reveal caused this? Crappy way to come into this world.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Stay safe out there! I work with a lot of people in those areas and most of them took their calls outside wed and thurs ahead of the mess that was about to drift to them and they no longer could go outside.

Can you imagine being the kid who’s gender reveal caused this? Crappy way to come into this world.
Thanks man, I will be okay as I'm not near them, but know some people too close for comfort to them. A lot of the local fires in Seattle area were started by some moron lighting things on fire next to the highways, and like you mentioned a gender reveal. That kid is going to be cursed!! Thankfully they caught and arrested the guy starting fires and a few others.

Users who are viewing this thread