5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
just had my bed lights installed and also put in my rain sense module and activated via alfobd, and also get my new keyfob with the relase tailgate button and added code jkr when they programmed it, and now i have that feature as well.:)
Rain wipers working as they should??

hratiu

Reaction score
They are balanced, hence the weights.
I guess i meant to say, shouldn't the rims be close to balanced new from the factory? Should they really need more wheel weights than I have ever seen on any of my prior cars.

badpewterz

Reaction score
I guess i meant to say, shouldn't the rims be close to balanced new from the factory? Should they really need more wheel weights than I have ever seen on any of my prior cars.
Wheel could be perfect doesnt mean tires are ;)
Factory won't match mount for least amount of weight just toss tire on and balance as is. Some make out some get alotta weights

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What the other guy said. It's probably more the tires than the wheels

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Removed the carbon filter. After looking at it once removed, it's pretty obvious there would be no performance benefit from removing it. It's more free flowing that the stock filter. But hey, it's off, and doesn't hurt anything either

gthomas719

Reaction score
Nope, $60 no name off Amazon

As a non car guy ( I love them, just don’t know as much as I’d like to about them) what exactly do these catch cans do? Do you have to empty them out every so often? Does the dealer do it when they do oil changes?

Appreciate any help learning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fishwiz

Reaction score
Sealed/coated my truck with IGL Premier after a wash and clay bar treatment. It looks great. I am very interested to see how long it lasts. Maybe I'll add a second coat too it tomorrow.

Don't have fresh pics because I had to step away from it to grill some salmon.... Rough day .

Edit: Ran out to snap a few pictures.... Looking good I think!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
7606565dce953b77ec90c6ee8ddc2604.jpg
cd21f596fb9d8490356e956845b7cb29.jpg
a7171ec9035020e4f6c9128659240508.jpg
ae43e07749d45bdf32bf326e2428cfd0.jpg
d8694cc89a35dd303d45017a292ec807.jpg
c6f430a2ddfab355c606bd2e16d2e5ef.jpg
0efaff90628d0b1be097139bf4d623fe.jpg

Last edited:

sppb32

Reaction score
I installed a led light bar it's not connected yet I will finish it tomorrow

Attachments

• 20200912_191842.jpg
    20200912_191842.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is that a UPR? I have one and it’s been great

Nope, unbranded amazon special that was less than 1/2 the cost. Has a ball valve on bottom to drain

Limited38

Reaction score
Installed both Mopar Steps. Corner Step & (Center) Bed Step. Yes it can be done. Modified Mopar P/N 82216265A bed step. Machined mounting flange to clear existing corner step structure, trimmed corner step lower mounting flange & drilled new mounting bolt hole. It worked out slick. Now I have the best of both worlds for my MFT 2020 Limited MFT with both steps_resize.jpg

Last edited:

Kob0583

Reaction score
As a non car guy ( I love them, just don’t know as much as I’d like to about them) what exactly do these catch cans do? Do you have to empty them out every so often? Does the dealer do it when they do oil changes?

HEMIs get blow by of recycled crank case gases via a PCV system, this goes back into the intake manifold, this can carry oil and other contaminants that can gunk up the valves and intake manifold, this can lower octane ratings of the supplied fuel as well as decrease performance. The can cools and filters the recycled gases separating the oil, water and other contaminates into the can before sending the gas back into the intake manifold. Keeps the engine cleaner.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Yes, you have to empty them every so often. The dealer will probably not do it as it's an aftermarket part that they may not be familiar with. The one I installed has a ball valve on bottom for draining. Some don't have the valve and you have to unscrew the bottom to dump out

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
HEMIs get blow by of recycled crank case gases via a PCV system, this goes back into the intake manifold, this can carry oil and other contaminants that can gunk up the valves and intake manifold, this can lower octane ratings of the supplied fuel as well as decrease performance. The can cools and filters the recycled gases separating the oil, water and other contaminates into the can before sending the gas back into the intake manifold. Keeps the engine cleaner.

Disclaimer...not a mechanic or gear head by any stretch of means

I’ve been reading a lot on here about catch cans and I’m confused as to why they’re not standard equipment on the HEMIs

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Disclaimer...not a mechanic or gear head by any stretch of means

I’ve been reading a lot on here about catch cans and I’m confused as to why they’re not standard equipment on the HEMIs

Because lazy owners who don't know what they are would never empty them and would end up causing more issues than just not having one

Users who are viewing this thread