5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This past Saturday had the dealer install wheel-to-wheel running boards. Earlier this week installed some Weathertech No-Drill splash guards, now it looks like it actually has splash guards :LOL:. Installed my MBRP Hi-Flow muffler this morning, sounds exactly like I'd hoped, exactly like it should have from the factory.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That shade looks great! Professional or DIY?

I had the tint done by a shop I deal with. I also had them do clear 3M to the complete front headlights and body sections below, front 1/2 of hood, door pillars, front roof section and front 1/2s of all wheel flares. They did a great job. Taxes in $725 CAD. That’s about $150 USD. LOL

Last edited:

HemiDude

Reaction score
I had the tint done by a shop I deal with. I also had them do clear 3M to the complete front headlights and body sections below, front 1/2 of hood, door pillars, front roof section and front 1/2s of all wheel flares. They did a great job. Taxes in $725 CAD. That about $150 USD. LOL
Seems like a really good deal for all that protection

Jako

Reaction score
Added the official Mopar bed-step. It does indeed go right in without any problems. Well, I did have to go to Harbor Freight to get a long (23") breaker bar to get the two existing (13/16") bolts out.

I got it from BAM. My only complaint about them was the poor manner it was packaged for shipping, though this could be how it came from Mopar. Dropped into a box with some wadded up brown paper, pretty much loose in the box to bounce around and not being snugly packed, a couple of pointy spots poked holes in the cardboard. A small amount of cosmetic damage resulted, but nothing visible once installed.
I managed with a 12-14", 1/2" breaker bar (I didn't have a ratchet), 13/16" or 21 mm. Mine was a card board box with additional piece of card board on the bottom and top. Did a little peak a boo top and bottom, more so on the bottom but not bad.

ssick92

Reaction score
Mid-week, I took the needed action to survive the CA heat. I got ceramic tinting for UV radiation blocking as well as heat and infrared protection. Having that feature to keep the heat out is really nice. I got 5% in the back and 35% in the front, including the windshield.

I'm going in to get my tint done on Tuesday but the tint shop said they can't do the windshield on these new Ram trucks due to some sensitive electronics near the dash that they can't get wet. Did your shop mention anything about taking any special prevention measures to protect the dash? I may just go to somewhere else that is willing to do the windshield and just be careful about it...

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm going in to get my tint done on Tuesday but the tint shop said they can't do the windshield on these new Ram trucks due to some sensitive electronics near the dash that they can't get wet. Did your shop mention anything about taking any special prevention measures to protect the dash? I may just go to somewhere else that is willing to do the windshield and just be careful about it...

It's pretty well documented. My tint guy didn't have any issues doing mine. He was going to do the full windshield before I told him I just wanted the brow. They use LLUMAR products and he said they'd sent out a special bulletin for our trucks. He just used an absorbent rope and extra materials to make sure it stays dry. I took it in a 9am and my wife picked it up on her lunch break. No big deal but they may be worried about liabilities.

Jeet

Reaction score
Had new windshield installed by safelite at home...
ac8fbed87081940f84675bb881771107.jpg

9e278503db36df0b39601ad5ccfd9941.jpg

052f1e6852486f41c6f3e4e1afd6633b.jpg
Man i need to get mine fixed as well. Will be taking to Safelite auto as well. If you are ok with sharing. How much did it cost you? Was it OEM replacement?

RD27

Reaction score
Those look nice! I like that they don’t fit in the channels, do they make any additional wind noise?

Ordered while the sh*t was hitting the fan..Hydro-Blue Laramie Group 2, Air-suspension, Off-road, Sport, Uconnect 12, power running boards, dual panel moonroof.
I only just got them installed so didn’t get a chance to see what its like driving with them yet. I like that they aren’t in channel, in my opinion it looks a little sleeker. Easy install too

RamVader

Reaction score
Ram Vader has arrived! After a four month wait! Picked it up on Thursday made an appointment for Saturday with my window tinter. Ceramic tint all around. Even the side mirror lights. One mod down. many mods to left to do.
23c641193e8d9451a71e309a79e4317b.jpg

3f3789f7476c8922e8e9573f5d4132c7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread