5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

PHFT

Reaction score
Added a NOCO port plug to the rear bumper for the block heater, just gives it a cleaner look than having a plug hanging out your hood scratching your paint in the winters.

Attachments

• IMG_8204.jpg
    IMG_8204.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_8210.jpg
    IMG_8210.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 227

c0mbatVet

Reaction score
Threw on some gloss black 3M door handle insert wrap. The Built to Serve Edition came without painted handles so I thought these might look alright. Found this stuff precut from Luxe Auto Concepts and they make a bunch of precut overlays for several areas on 5th Gens.
20200709_193725.jpg 20200709_194906.jpg 20200709_194839.jpg

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
Installed Lamin-X Gun Smoke Tint film on Headlights, & Tails....a bit too dark, Probably will keep it until I get pulled over. Definitely illegal in CA. Kinda has a reddish hue to it in the sun...notice it a bit on the driver side headlight.

I was working the tails tonight. Started a bit too late and ran out of sunlight. This is my third vehicle I've used Lamin-X on and honestly, the fitment feels a bit off for this one. I will see if the driver's side is any better tomorrow. Looks like yours went on pretty cleanly though.

Bigdaveincali

Reaction score
I like the thought process there

Got this blueridge overland roll-up dump pouch that I had simply been using the open ITW GrimLoc clip to hang over the edge of the console side cubby. Worked decently, but would slide all over the place and occasionally fall off. Thought I could make use of the velcro surfaces and add some hook-side velcro beneath cubby opening to keep it secure. After more thought, realized it would make more sense to get a nice wide strip of the loop side and run it the full length so that I could attach any velcro backed organization items I wanted (since they usually all have hook side on back).

Found some good 4" wide stuff on amazon that claims heat resistance up to 90 +- 5* Celsius (185--203* Fahrenheit) and doesn't leave traces when peeled off. With seats all the way back, a 12" strip will take you just behind seat to end of cubby opening. Prepped surface by cleaning with isopropyl alcohol then applied the loop side to both driver and passenger side. To support the BROG dump pouch I double sided some hook surface to create two patches that I could put on either side for holding the dump pouch. Keeping it on passenger side now and it works great!

Even had an unused Maxpedition mag holder that I had on bottom of rear seats for baby gear organization (was gonna roll up diapers in the loops but unfortunately too small haha), that I now use on driver side for my survival knife (has glass breaker and cord/seat belt cutter). So many options for velcro organization in general, I'm gonna have some fun! Will report back on whether the adhesive survives the upcoming 105* TX summer weekend.

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
I was working the tails tonight. Started a bit too late and ran out of sunlight. This is my third vehicle I've used Lamin-X on and honestly, the fitment feels a bit off for this one. I will see if the driver's side is any better tomorrow. Looks like yours went on pretty cleanly though.
Fitment wasn't great Great on the tails....Driver side tail I tried to trim edges with razor to fit...had to heat gun it to get film to take shape....Passenger went on easier, i used more heat and wrapped excess film around edge of lights....I did cut off the tabs probably wasn't supposed to but It helped me to get film to lay flat. Headlights didn't take the corner well and were a bit of a pain too. Not sure if I'm totally happy yet. Tails look better than the headlights do at night. Not sure I like the quality of light coming out of the headlights now..Gonna give it a few days to see if it changes if there is any more moisture evaporating...

TNSmokee

Reaction score
How's the road noise?
I haven't been on the interstate yet, but on the city streets it isn't anything extra or noticeable to me. I don't drive the truck much as I have a daily driver for my job. I am planning on getting the alignment done with my oil change at the dealer Saturday. They are located by an interstate so I will have a better answer then.

Crappie330

Reaction score
Do you have a pic of the front? It looks like you did some plasti dipping to the grill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably not the greatest picture, the sun is right at the front of the house and causing some glare. I did plasti dip the chrome piece across the top to see how it would look before spending the money for the factory black piece. Right now I have the matte black overlays from reflective concepts on the letters. 309AF508-F2FB-46D0-82A4-3B9925AD522D.jpeg

Quik99oli

Reaction score
Probably not the greatest picture, the sun is right at the front of the house and causing some glare. I did plasti dip the chrome piece across the top to see how it would look before spending the money for the factory black piece. Right now I have the matte black overlays from reflective concepts on the letters. View attachment 61454

I like it. I’ll have to look up reflective concepts for the RAM overlays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Utz

Reaction score
Like this? If this is what u meant it does look better but it messes up the plastic separating it from truck....plus the top cuts into the upper trim...may have just been cut poorly because passenger front is flat ...I don’t like it between the rubber and plastic either....all good though, already ordered the Mopar which goes under the weather stripping so it shouldn’t be a problem View attachment 51865
[/QUOTE
I had a problem with these also. Had to take them off the driver side one cracked on me. Called up they said they where having allot of issues with that model

Utz

Reaction score
Got my new bed step
baac3c14e29869b714ae9f028c1f62fe.jpg
e96ac71dbe601072bb89e0e66afb290c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
very nice been thinking of this. Where did you purchase from? How much?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/