5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Fallom

Reaction score
Sprayed PB Blaster in the seatbelt hinges to kill the squeak on my 20 Limited. So far so good!

GraniteRam

Reaction score
Started swapping out the chrome lugnuts on my Rebel. I picked up some blackout edition wheels from another member for my white rebel. The silver lugnuts bothered me greatly. I would’ve loved some anodized red ones but couldn’t find them.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Weirdly it never really had it, even though I bought it with only 60 miles. Dealer must've forgotten that option.
You must have gotten the option.. but a low VOC environmentally friendly option!

19TXLimited

Reaction score
TBD, havent driven at night yet. They're pretty dark, but quick tests with the DRLs, lock/unlock function, etc looks good. Will report back.

I had done this on my 17 Camaro SS with LED/HID Headlamps...can't remember which it had. The light output was noticeably lower than before the tint. Took the time to print some Chevy bow ties, and cut them out of the film in front of the projector. Worked like a charm and made the vehicle one of a kind. If I can find a picture I'll post. I would think this would be pretty easy to do with the Ram Logo as well, however, the Ram logo is a bit more detailed.

One thing to note, if you cut the film while it is on the headlight assembly it WILL MAKE CUTS INTO THE HEADLAMP PLASTIC. I didn't care on the Camaro since I never planned on removing and wanted to ensure it lined up perfectly with the projector. If they sell precut pieces for the Ram then it would most likely be easier to cut them prior to install. Could even attempt to do the Rumble Bee or something similar, but that would take a lot of skill.

As I am typing I wonder if this could also be used for taillight tinting where you can't cover a portion of the rear taillamp due to the sensor.

19TXLimited

Reaction score
I had done this on my 17 Camaro SS with LED/HID Headlamps...can't remember which it had. The light output was noticeably lower than before the tint. Took the time to print some Chevy bow ties, and cut them out of the film in front of the projector. Worked like a charm and made the vehicle one of a kind. If I can find a picture I'll post. I would think this would be pretty easy to do with the Ram Logo as well, however, the Ram logo is a bit more detailed.

One thing to note, if you cut the film while it is on the headlight assembly it WILL MAKE CUTS INTO THE HEADLAMP PLASTIC. I didn't care on the Camaro since I never planned on removing and wanted to ensure it lined up perfectly with the projector. If they sell precut pieces for the Ram then it would most likely be easier to cut them prior to install. Could even attempt to do the Rumble Bee or something similar, but that would take a lot of skill.

As I am typing I wonder if this could also be used for taillight tinting where you can't cover a portion of the rear taillamp due to the sensor.

Attachments

• Camaro2.jpg
    Camaro2.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 175
  • Camaro3.jpg
    Camaro3.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 173

Greenchevette

Reaction score

Beautiful camaro! Thankfully the film is pre-cut for your specific vehicle vs a sheet that needs to be cut. The fitment is very darn good, but still requires focus when installing otherwise the material can be slightly skewed or shifted.

DSPS

Reaction score
Man i need to get mine fixed as well. Will be taking to Safelite auto as well. If you are ok with sharing. How much did it cost you? Was it OEM replacement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DSPS

Reaction score
Man i need to get mine fixed as well. Will be taking to Safelite auto as well. If you are ok with sharing. How much did it cost you? Was it OEM replacement?

OEM REPLACEMENT, total cost $50 insurance deductible (Geico)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19TXLimited

Reaction score
Beautiful camaro! Thankfully the film is pre-cut for your specific vehicle vs a sheet that needs to be cut. The fitment is very darn good, but still requires focus when installing otherwise the material can be slightly skewed or shifted.

I'd agree with that, but probably could still be done.

Thanks for the compliment on the Camaro...it now has a new owner.

Kewlone2gq

Reaction score
I'm going in to get my tint done on Tuesday but the tint shop said they can't do the windshield on these new Ram trucks due to some sensitive electronics near the dash that they can't get wet. Did your shop mention anything about taking any special prevention measures to protect the dash? I may just go to somewhere else that is willing to do the windshield and just be careful about it...
Hey there ssick92... When I called to get a quote, the guy mentioned how tricky the rear slider could be, so they seemed pretty familiar with the 5th gen models. At first I didn't want the windshield done to save on cost, but I went for it. They didn't mention any possible complications.

RamVader

Reaction score
Installed the ProClip USA phone mount today. I was able to tuck most of the wire inside the trim except for the bottom section. I couldn’t get the trim tool to fit in there. I don’t want to break my brand new trim inside so I just ran the wire along the edge. I left a little slack in the cable so I can turn the phone sideways. I plugged it into USB 2. CarPlay works perfectly
e005a33eae0c712f2ce1259ce499c730.jpg

d83cdbbc511b1d004fc8f018f1471c5d.jpg

679aeb5c22024c05f760f9b7fb675278.jpg

f36e2b7a189bb13ab73dfbbe3e21686a.jpg

b104c56f0f256c6febd23fbd091a7498.jpg

3d25538e0953de0994e1e49c4867bbbc.jpg

d1d149fb2d4041b9dab84f43d322f9a7.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread