5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Swag1981

Reaction score
View attachment 60341
hardwired this duo.. working really well, very pleased.

I installed a Thinkware Q800 front and rear on Friday. Took me about 2 hours to run, hide and secure everything, but I’m very pleased with the results. I did take off the a-pillar cover to run the wires behind the airbag and wired in with some fuse taps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
Took the Rebel on a road trip from my home in Albuquerque, NM to Silverton, CO and then up to Ouray, CO.

Just a couple of quick shots along the San Juan Railroad while in Silverton. More trip shots in my build thread under "Members Trucks".

Siverton CO 2020 7_cw.jpg

Siverton CO 2020 9_cw.jpg
Hope to have some off-road shots soon.

Last edited:

Santa

Reaction score

Paultg

Reaction score
Installed painted mirror covers. Took my time with a flathead screwdriver and didn't break either mirror!
Cool. Do you still have the factory black ones or did you have them painted?
Don't have my truck yet but it’s a Laramie with chrome mirrors. I was thinking of buying some factory black plastic (not painted) ones to replace the chrome.

Thr33BlindMice

Reaction score
I installed a Thinkware Q800 front and rear on Friday. Took me about 2 hours to run, hide and secure everything, but I’m very pleased with the results. I did take off the a-pillar cover to run the wires behind the airbag and wired in with some fuse taps.

cool..i pretty much did the same thing you did.

Swag1981

Reaction score
How are you liking your Thinkware Q800 Pro?

I installed it late Friday, and only did a little driving on Saturday so I don’t have much time with it yet. I’m still working out the settings on the app but it was pretty easy to setup. Picture looks good from my phone, but I’d be more interested in seeing the quality from my computer.

Seadweller23

Reaction score
Took the Rebel on a road trip from my home in Albuquerque, NM to Silverton, CO and then up to Ouray, CO.

Just a couple of quick shots along the San Juan Railroad while in Silverton. More trip shots in my build thread under "Members Trucks".

You have done great things!

v_eight

Reaction score
Cool. Do you still have the factory black ones or did you have them painted?
Don't have my truck yet but it’s a Laramie with chrome mirrors. I was thinking of buying some factory black plastic (not painted) ones to replace the chrome.

I was going to keep them, but walking into the garage I dropped one and scuffed it pretty bad... so I threw them both away. If I had them still I would have given them to you!

Paultg

Reaction score
I was going to keep them, but walking into the garage I dropped one and scuffed it pretty bad... so I threw them both away. If I had them still I would have given them to you!
Ahh bummer and thanks. I figure even from the dealer they can’t be all that expensive. Or I could wrap mine in vinyl too. Your Truck looks great by the way!

Skater

Reaction score
You have done great things!

You ever ride the Polar Express during Christmas up there from Durango to Silverton? Pretty neat little ride with the kiddos.

Last edited:

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
You ever ride the Polar Express during Christmas up there from Durango to Silverton? Pretty neat little ride with the kiddos.

Have taken the same ride in the fall but not at Christmas time. Awesome ride but the Polar Express version still on my list!

Skater

Reaction score
Have taken the same ride in the fall but not at Christmas time. Awesome ride but the Polar Express version still on my list!
My little ones (not so little anymore) still routinely use the Polar Express hot chocolate mugs we got when we rode it about 8 years ago. Wonderful memories riding on an historic and beautiful narrow gauge rail line.

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
Took it on a road trip
b48b026c090fadf1a06c5b6779cc852d.jpg

7d0f17ddefa6478d2f1394d0751d5f5b.jpg

d02b88ec5deb8eab1e3e24db82906499.jpg

7df1b1a664952dabed2584f30e68340e.jpg

c46648d5c84e62d42207a4c985d86a0b.jpg

f1d756448f5d10245f84fa603361779b.jpg

4ee64ae9a476edb2b15399b55460f05f.jpg

Tex_Ram

Reaction score
Finally installed the damn full rear wheel liners! I have no idea what happened to the extra screws that were suppose to be in the box.. I couldn't find them so it is missing a screw or 2 on each side but they told me they are shipping me out replacements screws so I'll be able to button that up in the next few days!

1593403936653.png

Crem

Reaction score
going in next week for 10k oil change, rotation and to get rear wheel well liners installed
then down the road for a lynex oil spray

Users who are viewing this thread