5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

WasatchBack

Reaction score
Washed, polished, and installed Cquartz ceramic coating on the paint this weekend. Nice and shiny! Also installed Husky Liners mud flaps.

Next up clear paint protection film on the front. First time giving that a shot but ordered a pre cut 3M kit.
Polish off the coating before applying ppf, it will not stick

jorgeanania

Reaction score
Better Pic. Mod please move this to “What did you do to your Ram Yesterday” if necessary.

a4e410b0b8aac2512d28aed95e6124ab.jpg
31566b85ab67cbdfd44ea36db193d86f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What set lift tire set up you have on your truck?

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks awesome! This is exactly what I would like to do, If you don't mind me asking where did you order everything and what did it run to do the full swap?

Thank you! I'm very pleased with the results! This is how the truck is supposed to look!!

The first thing you need is the halogen to LED adapter harness. As far as I know, the only place to get one is from Retro Shop. It was $175.00 https://shop.retroshop.us/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=5G.ADAPT

Black Headlights:
Left - 68316089AG
Right - 68316088AG

Black Tail Lights:
Left - 55112993AD
Right - 55112992AD

I ordered the tail lights from rockauto.com for ~$600 , but they don’t offer the blackout headlights, so I ordered those from Bam Wholesale. They were $1050 for the pair.

Including the harness, tax, shipping, etc., this is around a $2000 upgrade. Not cheap.

The headlight installation is a little tricky, but definitely manageable. The installation guide from Retro Shop is very good. I took my time, I didn't break anything and had no leftover hardware when I was done!!

Rich51

Reaction score
Well I wasn’t able to find the truck I wanted with the Utility Rail system so I made my own. I like how this is slimmer as well so I’m not too upset. Etrack from harbor freight for $20 each then the clamps $5 each. It will work for what I need it for.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I got my Leer truck cap installed today. Rainy weather so no pics today but will try to get some in the morning.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bit the bullet and ordered the Lomax and full bedrug through Truck Alterations. 1020.00 shipped for both. I should be installing this weekend.

I got the Lomax and went with the Bedrug XLT through struck Alterations to save money. $855 shipped for both. I think the full Bedrug looks so much better but since I have the factory spray in liner I decided to save some money for other mods. Jealous of your setup though.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score

DJ85

Reaction score
Added AVS stick on vent visors. I’m not sure why they took so long to make them as I couldn’t find them anywhere. I’ve always preferred the stick on ones.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is this as easy as plug and play or are their modules and other things needed for the conversion? May I ask the price of the led lights?

Thatsme06

Reaction score
Thank you! I'm very pleased with the results! This is how the truck is supposed to look!!

The first thing you need is the halogen to LED adapter harness. As far as I know, the only place to get one is from Retro Shop. It was $175.00 https://shop.retroshop.us/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=5G.ADAPT

Black Headlights:
Left - 68316089AG
Right - 68316088AG

Black Tail Lights:
Left - 55112993AD
Right - 55112992AD

I ordered the tail lights from rockauto.com for ~$600 , but they don’t offer the blackout headlights, so I ordered those from Bam Wholesale. They were $1050 for the pair.

Including the harness, tax, shipping, etc., this is around a $2000 upgrade. Not cheap.

The headlight installation is a little tricky, but definitely manageable. The installation guide from Retro Shop is very good. I took my time, I didn't break anything and had no leftover hardware when I was done!!
Absolutely I couldn't stand the chrome reflector housing so I went with the black housing prior to the LED harness being released. Looks much better but these look really good and love the running lights. Might be a future project but for the price I will wait and hopefully find some 2nd hand.

Users who are viewing this thread