5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

BigSkyJK

Reaction score
Oops, no I didn't. That's what I get for only reading half the directions, haha. Thanks for the heads up.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oops, no I didn't. That's what I get for only reading half the directions, haha. Thanks for the heads up.

You’re not supposed to lol. I just couldn’t see them in the picture, wondered if they had a new design or if you removed them

gatesb77

Reaction score
Shop redid the detail as I wasn’t happy with the first go round. Coming from a charger I lowered and had on 22s I’m so glad I still look back at it

Also made a quick run to the pet store when I came back out Betty had made a friend.
d13a92e413e87be3886790c9c16704ee.jpg

545b82606065dfeca8dfc10692537d53.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cravenschild

Reaction score
Went Saturday and got the stock muffler taken off and a Flowmaster 40 series installed as well as a drop in K&N filter. Now the truck sounds like a truck!

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
You’re not supposed to lol. I just couldn’t see them in the picture, wondered if they had a new design or if you removed them
It might be a redesign. Mine did not come with any stickers for that panel either. There is rubber on the bottom of the piece that rests against the panel but no sticker for the panel itself. It did come with a 1 thin small rubber square sheet that had no glue on it and I had no idea what it was for so as the instructions did not specify so I think it was just packing material and threw it out. No idea what this square was for and I would have had to cut it to fit the area where some got the sticker protection...

Pressgrove

Reaction score
It might be a redesign. Mine did not come with any stickers for that panel either. There is rubber on the bottom of the piece that rests against the panel but no sticker for the panel itself. It did come with a 1 thin small rubber square sheet that had no glue on it and I had no idea what it was for so as the instructions did not specify so I think it was just packing material and threw it out. No idea what this square was for and I would have had to cut it to fit the area where some got the sticker protection...

Same here. I realized a few weeks after I installed mine that there were no pads there (mine has the rubber bumpers on the feet also). I remembered reading about them before I ordered mine, but assumed it was a redesign.

Pressgrove

Reaction score
Anyone with a Bedrug XLT? I just got mine in from Luke at Truck Alterations and the instructions show a J-Clip but it wasn’t in the box. Is mine missing it or does it need to be sent separately?

For what it's worth. I installed mine without the J-clip. I stuck the Velcro to the tailgate and used the activator packet only at the ends where it contacted plastic. It's holding great, and it was a little cold when I installed it (I couldn't wait :sneaky:). That said, my truck is a pavement queen so it doesn't see much abuse.

I'm still hauling the J-clip around for some reason.

badandyemt

Reaction score
Go Rhino 1000 series 5" tube steps

Attachments

• NkIOWbmUT7OZiDDW5sKHgQ.jpg
    NkIOWbmUT7OZiDDW5sKHgQ.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 5wbwK0dRRHGpXNPjI8rnHw.jpg
    5wbwK0dRRHGpXNPjI8rnHw.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 117
  • uoAy73SHTAqOi78wKasgYw.jpg
    uoAy73SHTAqOi78wKasgYw.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 107

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Yeah that part is packaging. I bought mine from Home Depot believe it or not and I think it was the old style. I’m returning it and just made my purchase from Truck Alterations

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For what it's worth. I installed mine without the J-clip. I stuck the Velcro to the tailgate and used the activator packet only at the ends where it contacted plastic. It's holding great, and it was a little cold when I installed it (I couldn't wait :sneaky:). That said, my truck is a pavement queen so it doesn't see much abuse.

I'm still hauling the J-clip around for some reason.

Mine has the factory spray in liner so I didn’t even attempt the install without it. I called Bedrug and they said they had a run of them missing it from the factory and it just came in the mail today.

jkm312

Reaction score
Well today I drove it to work. Like driving the Ram as always.

Yesterday nothing, didn't even start it, walked right by that bad boy. Lit the Harley up. Heard my son coming down the block and fell in right behind him out the end of the driveway. Got home about 250 miles or so later. An absolutely gorgeous day to lope up one side of the river road, cross over and back down the other with a free lunch tossed in for good measure. Got invited to dinner. Drove the Maxima over. Turned the AC temp all the way down with the knob and turned the car off when we got there. Wife looked at me sort of funny. All us Ram guys get what happened. Didn't let it bother me one little bit, had a great steak dinner with the our son. A good day!

Pressgrove

Reaction score
Took mine to the dealer to get oil change, tires rotated, recalls done, and screen flicker fixed. All is done but the screen flicker.

The 12" screen flickers every time you hit the passenger seat recline button (either direction). It still does apparently.... they kept the truck another day :(.

W2E5

Reaction score
Washed, polished, and installed Cquartz ceramic coating on the paint this weekend. Nice and shiny! Also installed Husky Liners mud flaps.

Next up clear paint protection film on the front. First time giving that a shot but ordered a pre cut 3M kit.

Attachments

• 20190616_131459.jpg
    20190616_131459.jpg
    331.8 KB · Views: 127

Users who are viewing this thread