5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Trfnj74

Reaction score
Finally got around to taking off my winter wheels and all terrain tires and installed my summer ones.
I really like the Laramie Premium wheels on my Limited, the tires are Michelin Defenders LTX 275/60R20's.

Sorry for her being so dirty it's been raining for weeks!

REBEL 2.0

Reaction score
I went and measured the step height and it pretty much splits the difference between ground and door sill....about 10 inches below the sill.

07e673e89fc84b2e800ffc7c8ff95d27.jpg

288abade8f18f8d7be771b8ed9f961f3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Perfect thank you, As soon as the snow melts a bit I will go measure my factory ones and that will give me the number I need. Thx again

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What was the turnaround time?
About 10 days total. But he is based out of California so your turnaround time will vary based on shipping speed. Mine were 3 days to get to him and took 3 days for me to get them back. So if you pay for a more expedited shipping you could get them to him and back even faster.

TBK

Reaction score
I’m sitting at the dealership because my parking sensor went off and never stopped. Just a high pitched noise that never stops. They can’t figure it out.

sgk

Reaction score
I’m sitting at the dealership because my parking sensor went off and never stopped. Just a high pitched noise that never stops. They can’t figure it out.

It's happened to me in my Challenger when i was an hour away from home, and it could not be flushed out with the radio either. The radio would make it louder it seamed. Drove about 15 min with it on but could not bear the sound. I pulled over and just tried all sorts of combination of things with the car off, pressing the break a few times than gas starting and stopping the engine, opening and closing the door. and after a few different tried started the car and sound went away. I obviously don't know what fixed it but I remember it started while I was backing up on to something, but this time the sound did not go away it. Anyhow it never happened again in over a year so it may just be a one-time thing for you. This whole experience probably does not help you but just try disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, and powerwash your sensors.

Reactions: TBK

krakenatwork

Reaction score
Installed a VLEDs back-up light on the license plate (called Vleds LPR I guess); no mess and no fuss as I followed the indications in a thread here on 5thgenrams. Now shopping for a cap for the bed, and looking at tires/rims for next winter.

TBK

Reaction score
It's happened to me in my Challenger when i was an hour away from home, and it could not be flushed out with the radio either. The radio would make it louder it seamed. Drove about 15 min with it on but could not bear the sound. I pulled over and just tried all sorts of combination of things with the car off, pressing the break a few times than gas starting and stopping the engine, opening and closing the door. and after a few different tried started the car and sound went away. I obviously don't know what fixed it but I remember it started while I was backing up on to something, but this time the sound did not go away it. Anyhow it never happened again in over a year so it may just be a one-time thing for you. This whole experience probably does not help you but just try disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, and powerwash your sensors.

Thanks. The only thing they could figure out to do was to disconnect the battery and let it sit for a while.

Good news? Parking sensor stopped making the noise.

Bad news? Now the truck doesn’t reliably see my backup camera. Sometimes its there, other times not, and the option to manually engage it disappears from the infotainment screen. It’s surprising how reliant you get on those niceties like a rear camera!

Sounds like I have electrical gremlins.

They want me to bring it in and let them have it for a while, but for now I have to make due as my schedule for the next few weeks just doesn’t have leeway in it for an extended service fishing expedition. I guarantee when I bring it in that everything will be working perfect, and stop working again in the middle of my next camping trip 400 miles from home on a weekend.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How do you like the Undercover Armorflex? ANy leaks at the tailgate gaps?

It leaks somewhere a tiny bit on long heavy downpours, but not enough to really worry about anything so I’ve never done anything about it.

Love the look, finish and durability of the Line-X coating on it!

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
I hauled a load for the first time... Supposed to be a half ton of pea gravel but they did absolutely no weighing just filled me up and said that’s probably a little over half a ton. Truck handled it just fine of course.

Attachments

• B01AE13C-ABB0-4BBE-BBFE-94795119BC99.jpeg
    B01AE13C-ABB0-4BBE-BBFE-94795119BC99.jpeg
    215.5 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hauled a load for the first time... Supposed to be a half ton of pea gravel but they did absolutely no weighing just filled me up and said that’s probably a little over half a ton. Truck handled it just fine if course.
I think a cubic yard of pea gravel or sand weighs like 2500-3200 lbs so you definitely had some weight! I hauled a full ton (50 bags of 40# each) of wood stove pellets in my Rebel with air suspension and had an "air suspension" light on dash for a couple miles, then went off. I think 1370 lbs is what sticker in door says for load capacity including occupants. Let's see....2000 lbs plus 50 lbs tools plus 250 lbs of my fat a$$........... Whoops! Only over by a 1000 lbs lol ...OEM tires are husky on Rebels so that isn't an issue :rolleyes: Here are pics of how air suspension remained at normal ride height. Top picture is empty truck. IMG_2787.jpg IMG_2719.jpg IMG_2725.jpg IMG_2726.jpg IMG_2722.jpg

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
I think a cubic yard of pea gravel or sand weighs like 2500-3200 lbs so you definitely had some weight! I hauled a full ton (50 bags of 40# each) of wood stove pellets in my Rebel with air suspension and had an "air suspension" light on dash for a couple miles, then went off. I think 1370 lbs is what sticker in door says for load capacity including occupants. Let's see....2000 lbs plus 50 lbs tools plus 250 lbs of my fat a$$........... Whoops! Only over by a 1000 lbs lol ...OEM tires are husky on Rebels so that isn't an issue :rolleyes: Here are pics of how air suspension remained at normal ride height. Top picture is empty truck. View attachment 24100 View attachment 24096 View attachment 24097 View attachment 24098 View attachment 24099
I got that suspension warning light too! For my whole trip though but I only had to go a few miles and you wouldn’t have even known I was loaded down. Truck road even better with all of that weight in the bed.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got that suspension warning light too! For my whole trip though but I only had to go a few miles and you wouldn’t have even known I was loaded down. Truck road even better with all of that weight in the bed.
I agree exactly! Someone in the "air suspension" threads said that excessive weight does drive air pressure in bags to their design limits so not sure if it would be a good idea to overload on a regular basis. I usually use a husky tandem axle 14' utility trailer for heavier hauls but was lazy, and it was cold out, and pellet stove was hungry. I am really good at excuses....lol :cool:

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Personally, I think a gloss black would look better. The matte just clashes with the rest of the truck.
I am glad you shared your opinion. Personally, I think the gloss black would have looked worse, I like the matte finish.

Users who are viewing this thread