5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

REBEL 2.0

Reaction score
Swapped out my US Visors for the updated AVS visors. The US Visord were turring purple after only 7 months. I went with the US Visors because the original AVS had to be tucked into the B pillar and even then they would not stay in place. Well the new AVS Visor has small U shaped clipps that are installed in the window channel and keep them very secure. I tested it out at 65 mph on the freeway with the windows open and had no issues. Plus i really prffer the sleaker look of the AVS since it doesn"t go down the front of the front widows like the US Visor. View attachment 24308 View attachment 24310 View attachment 24309
They look good,are they the flat black? Could you please give us the part number. Being they are a updated version thx.

dad2steph

Reaction score
They look good,are they the flat black? Could you please give us the part number. Being they are a updated version thx.
Here is the part number, they are the typical dark tinted visors. I ordered directly from Lund International to make sure i received the new ones.

Auto Ventshade 194806 In-Channel Ventvisor Side Window Deflector, 4-Piece Set for 2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab

mcx6

Reaction score
Could you let me know how you got the $325 price on the bedrug, I am very interested in getting one? Thanks
One was cost. My dealer quoted $499 for a spray-in liner vs $325 for the bedrug thru Lucas @ truckalterations. Second was that you can remove the bedrug when you sell/trade the truck; not all are fans of the spray. Third is that the bedrug is padded so it's easier on the knees - you could comfortably sleep back there if you had the mind.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One was cost. My dealer quoted $499 for a spray-in liner vs $325 for the bedrug thru Lucas @ truckalterations. Second was that you can remove the bedrug when you sell/trade the truck; not all are fans of the spray. Third is that the bedrug is padded so it's easier on the knees - you could comfortably sleep back there if you had the mind.

I see in your signature that you went with the Bedrug XLT. How much did you pay and where did you get it?

whetrick1

Reaction score
I installed a Billet Technology Catch Can that I removed from my 2013 Ram that I traded in. I have a 5.7 HEMI and I took the OEM PCV line turned it around and reused it, added 2 small pieces of hose,and connected them to the catch can. If I need to go to the dealer, I just need to remove 1 bolt for the catch can, turn around the OEM PVC line and reconnect it. 5 minute job.

View attachment 24298 View attachment 24299

My dealership hasn't said anything about mine and I leave it on when I take it to them. They must not mine you adding mods to the truck.
bc546c706229a58d8408b85daeb76c59.jpg
d9e79981f320e9d35ae3955b1902bcdd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SB89

Reaction score
How do you like your Truxedo? Any leaks?
Very satisfied. As far as I’m concerned, it’s 100% “weather-proof” and the only time it gets some water is when I go through the touch-free car wash and there’s high water pressure shooting at it. Still very little water.

schwegel89

Reaction score
Just VHT night shades. I was very impressed for $10. 3 coats, didn't sand it or put clear coat on, comes off with brake cleaner if you don't like it.

It’s completely removable with brake cleaner? If so I’m definitely going to give it a shot.

2019 Ram 1500 BigHorn

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
Installed my tinted taillights...
I noticed you have a Limited. Are there any proximity sensors or anything in the tail lights that are impacted by the tint (or would be impacted by vinyl wrap)?

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I noticed you have a Limited. Are there any proximity sensors or anything in the tail lights that are impacted by the tint (or would be impacted by vinyl wrap)?
I had a guy try vinyl wrap first and he couldn’t get them to look how I wanted due to all the intricacies with the taillights. My blind spot is not affected at all by the tint.

2019REBEL

Reaction score
I received my trailer hitch from Car-ID today and this is exactly how it was delivered!! I’m livid, especially with everything else going on with my truck and the dealership. No box, no bubble wrap, just a tiny bit of SaranWrap pretty much!! Talk about bad luck!!

7a17ef64641bcc9fba33db5f9d3f490c.jpg
f9cec03e46633dc6ccab56c8d773670f.jpg
ac7db3ff7410bcd58e6d6cffead579c3.jpg

2019 Ram 1500 BigHorn

I wouldn't have accepted it.

MDBumblebee

Reaction score
Could you let me know how you got the $325 price on the bedrug, I am very interested in getting one? Thanks
I emailed sales@truckalterations, gave the part number I was wanting, mentioned this forum, and asked for a best-price quote.

MDBumblebee

Reaction score
I see in your signature that you went with the Bedrug XLT. How much did you pay and where did you get it?
Truck Alterations. I emailed sales@truckalterations, gave the part number I was wanting, mentioned this forum, and asked for a best-price quote. I misspoke before, I think. It was $345.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Truck Alterations. I emailed sales@truckalterations, gave the part number I was wanting, mentioned this forum, and asked for a best-price quote. I misspoke before, I think. It was $345.

I'm confused. What bedrug do you have then? The bedrug XLT is $199 MSRP from bedrug

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I installed a Billet Technology Catch Can that I removed from my 2013 Ram that I traded in. I have a 5.7 HEMI and I took the OEM PCV line turned it around and reused it, added 2 small pieces of hose,and connected them to the catch can. If I need to go to the dealer, I just need to remove 1 bolt for the catch can, turn around the OEM PVC line and reconnect it. 5 minute job.

View attachment 24298 View attachment 24299
You don’t need to remove it to go to the dealer.

PorBoy

Reaction score
Put up several items from it in our classified section, somebody’s going to get some great deals lol.

Users who are viewing this thread