5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

metb4

Reaction score
Installed a tailgate mat to match the bed mat that I've had for some time. Must say I'm impressed with BedRug products

unadjustednonraw_thumb_4b5d-jpg.23553

Attachments

• UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4b5d.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4b5d.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 598

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Did nothing except a quick wash and wax. (well, at least a quick as possible on a beast this size!) Got to look good for first date... View attachment 23531

Does the off-road package have a factory lift on it?

Just curious if it’s that or just skid plates limited slip and tires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fotomatt1

Reaction score
Not simple but not super hard either. I took my time and it was a 2 hour install. Hardest part was probably placement of the light holder brackets.
I used spacers to create a gap for the camera wires to run.
View attachment 23563

So it seems that it’s not possible to not drill holes, huh?

sgk

Reaction score

1" lift as in it drives in offroad 1 as its default. So yes 1" lift but offroad 2 is the same in trucks that have or do not have the ORP

Truckin

Reaction score

Yes, all models without air suspension (such as mine) come with a 1" factory lift as well as skid plates, hill decent control, electronic rear locker and a few other goodies.

41magmag41

Reaction score
Installed avs bug deflector on her. Took all of 15 mins and looks pretty good.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Lomax and it's tight as a drum, have never had any water come in anywhere but right around the tailgate and that only going through the high pressure car wash. I have some seals I am going to add around the tailgate as per other posts and that should fix it, just have not gotten to it yet.

I was also surprised you had a ding in your rail as I felt mine was packaged very well. But I guess things can happen in shipping, can't really blame Lomax for that.

It was packaged very well. Bad quality control. Was not on the shipping at all, but came that way from factory for sure.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just installed my Lomax a few minutes ago. Ordered it Wednesday night late and it came on Friday from Luke at Truck Alterations. Amazing service from him and he is so patient!

Mine is not flimsy in any way shape or form. In fact, it’s extremely rigid...much more so than I thought! Also heavier than I thought. Also no light coming through after I installed which only took about 15 mins. I’ll report back after a rain storm but can’t imagine this leaking.

68030f59dc1b10b432030faf46e52128.jpg
2e9736f63705c7c4dfe0d5a15e122950.jpg

Mine looks exactly the same as yours. Look at the pictures I added below. 1: is yours with the gap circled. 2: Is mine from the inside with sun shining down through that same gap. That's where I am seeing water entry. The other small light gaps I have have not produced any water yet, and can probably be remedied by adjusting the rails lower a little.

I just don't see a way that this can seal with that big gap. Not so much a Lomax issue as it is a RAM tailgate flaw. Over the rails covers might do better here.

Attachments

• Inked2e9736f63705c7c4dfe0d5a15e122950_LI.jpg
    Inked2e9736f63705c7c4dfe0d5a15e122950_LI.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 137
  • 4E35FD8F-956F-420F-AAFB-367A499882DB.jpeg
    4E35FD8F-956F-420F-AAFB-367A499882DB.jpeg
    49 KB · Views: 136

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Yes, all models without air suspension (such as mine) come with a 1" factory lift as well as skid plates, hill decent control, electronic rear locker and a few other goodies.

I should have made sure I got that. Now I regret not having it.

I ordered a LSD for my truck but that a 3.92 (just because) and a small lift all would have been excellent to have.

I wonder if they sell the 1” spacer... I know I could buy the skid plates on amazon so there’s that but it’s not necessary. Mainly the diff and a little extra height.

Mighty Snowpants

Reaction score
Picked up Diamondback HD cover from FedEx Freight. Guy loaded it right into the bed and off I went. Install took me little over an hour because I did it myself and I'm short. A second person would make it easier. No drilling. Fit perfectly first try. For those that don't know about this top: both panels lock. it makes bed waterproof. it will hold 1600 lbs on top. you can add mounts to it like racks and a RTT. its double coated with Line-X that has UV coat. I've seem interior mods where folks add brackets to hold shovels, axes, hi-lift jacks etc... Its rock solid. Gas shocks make opening easy. And the panels are easily removed - one or both. And if you need to take the whole thing off - Two people would make the whole take off less than 10 min job - unscrewing the clamp nuts would take most time. Up next: Will add Mopar Cargo bed divider this weekend. The top and internal stainless steel locking bars or clamps don't interfere with the cargo rails. Then Frontrunner rack tracks, mounts and rack followed by RTT.
follow up on my Diamondback HD cover after several days. No water leaking in after driving the hard rain. So that's good. One slight scary thing though. The clamps that anchor the middle part to which the front and back panels are attached to came pretty loose. So what was holding the top to the truck where the locking rods at each of the 4 corners. OY. The clamps are the common aluminum tonneau C Clamps. I guess on new tops, the rubber seal on the bottom is new so it has not settled yet to a fully compressed to a stable state. Which that allows the top to bounce just enough to shake the clamps loose. Diamondback says this is normal. I screwed em down tight again. I'm going to be adding some steel bridge clamps with a locking nut to compliment the factory clamps. Since the factory clamps are aluminum, I'm a little worried about stripping the threads on the factory clamp if I crank it too hard.

Nlg4021

Reaction score
Installed 35x11.5x20 Ridge Grapplers last week with the leveling links from linksforram. Also installed the Tazer DT today.

Attachments

• EA82BAC8-838A-4731-9F78-91861E7D56FB.jpeg
    EA82BAC8-838A-4731-9F78-91861E7D56FB.jpeg
    225.3 KB · Views: 194
  • FDCB5498-A351-4D9B-A21C-315AD6725BD2.jpeg
    FDCB5498-A351-4D9B-A21C-315AD6725BD2.jpeg
    216 KB · Views: 194
Reaction score
WESTIN PRO TRAXX 5" Wheel to Wheel Step Bars

I wanted to chime in on the Pro Traxx 5" wheel-to-wheel step bars. Finally got them on - I say finally because the install was confusing at best. I really wanted the wheel to wheel version this time for better access to the front of the bed because with my previous trucks I would stand on the edge of the normal length step bars and stretch sideways, not great. There weren't many reasonably priced setups for this - went with Westin 5" Pro Traxx for $316 form a vendor on Amazon. The Amazon prime price was a bit more I think.

I'll post photos. I did not use the last bracket (#4 of 4, connects to the underside of the bed) because it didn't fit my truck. The Ram has a large round mount sitting in the way of the Westin drop-down piece. My weight 190 lbs, so stepping on the rear edge of the step bars without that last bracket causes a small amount of flex in the bar but I can live with it. The other 3 brackets are connected to pre-existing studs which seem to be only sheet metal/reinforced sheet metal, not frame mounted. I'm going to call Westin and inquire about that last bracket, but will probably leave it with only 3 brackets per side. The rear brackets alone weighed 39 lbs! I never had 39 lbs of leftover parts before lol. Anyway, the following photos show: 1. the final product, 2. the instructions showing where the rear bracket is attached to the bed underside, 3. the actual bracket attached to the underside but having a bed mount in the way, 4, and finally the box pf leftover parts:

Attachments

• cA+8oAQDQVK8AonL%yIjOA.jpg
    cA+8oAQDQVK8AonL%yIjOA.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 150
  • VLP3poOhRZyxDlm26g9lkA.jpg
    VLP3poOhRZyxDlm26g9lkA.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 149
  • Aobto9jlTF624DPyr2XLyw.jpg
    Aobto9jlTF624DPyr2XLyw.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 136
  • v47hTb7vR1eEPFloolEW9A.jpg
    v47hTb7vR1eEPFloolEW9A.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 128

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed 35x11.5x20 Ridge Grapplers last week with the leveling links from linksforram. Also installed the Tazer DT today.

I don’t have air ride so I know that won’t apply to me, but what height setting are you at in the pictures? If you’re not at standard ride height equal to what a stick steel spring would be plus a level could you show us pics of that?

Your truck looks great at that height with those tires. Well done.

Nlg4021

Reaction score
I don’t have air ride so I know that won’t apply to me, but what height setting are you at in the pictures? If you’re not at standard ride height equal to what a stick steel spring would be plus a level could you show us pics of that?

Your truck looks great at that height with those tires. Well done.

Thanks, I believe the picture of when the road is wet is in normal mode. The other is definitely off-road 1. I’ll try to get picture in normal when I get a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

• jl13

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/