5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

RichT

Reaction score
ARE Overlander installed

Ended up getting my best mileage to date

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
Today? I installed some Kicker speakers in the front dash corners. It made the base 6-speaker system sound a lot more respectable ... For the low price of $35 from Crutchfield. I only wish all my mods were that inexpensive and effective!

NordicNevs

Reaction score
I want one of those hoods. -^

It would look sharp on my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Easy enough to make happen, let me know if you are need of the part numbers.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Easy enough to make happen, let me know if you are need of the part numbers.

Wouldn’t hurt just to get an idea of costs. I have the black diamond tricoat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19BlkRam

Reaction score
FINALLY!!!!!! Took it in for service after 11k miles, had the brake squeal fixed which is great but my favorite update is the HARMON KARDON AMPLIFIER UPDATE!!!!!! If you haven’t done this on your earlier build date trucks MAKE SURE YOU DO SO!! Finally it sounds like a 19 speaker PREMIUM sound system!

Sorry got a little excited there anyways...

I washed it and it rained as I finished drying it!

Attachments

• A5EF7AF3-A1C8-4FA8-B348-1DC1CC059026.jpeg
    A5EF7AF3-A1C8-4FA8-B348-1DC1CC059026.jpeg
    151.3 KB · Views: 125

grinch72

Reaction score
FINALLY!!!!!! Took it in for service after 11k miles, had the brake squeal fixed which is great but my favorite update is the HARMON KARDON AMPLIFIER UPDATE!!!!!! If you haven’t done this on your earlier build date trucks MAKE SURE YOU DO SO!! Finally it sounds like a 19 speaker PREMIUM sound system!

Mine is an early October build and my dealer said it doesn’t apply but I’m not so convinced. Still sounds like **** to me.

19BlkRam

Reaction score
Mine is an early October build and my dealer said it doesn’t apply but I’m not so convinced. Still sounds like **** to me.

Take it to another dealer I Gave them the TSB numbers to multiple items that were affecting me mechanic had my tech call me to thank me for doing his job lol. I also found a service tech that was cool about my attention to detail and loves his perfect 10 surveys I supply him with....

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Didn't do anything to it yet but randomly got a check engine light today at 4000 miles.

Installed a CAI about a month ago but would've gotten a check engine light right after that if that was the issue I would assume and thats the only thing I've done to the engine.

Hopefully I can figure out the issue quickly.

Blvckr3bel

Reaction score
How much and how hard was it to do?
$26.05 on Amazon and took 2 mins. I stuck a trim tool behind the factory letters and loosened around the edges then yanked it out. i couple clips broke off but there are like 6 on each so it can still be reused. I did it this way because I didnt plan on reusing them ever anyway.

Blvckr3bel

Reaction score
Didn't do anything to it yet but randomly got a check engine light today at 4000 miles.

Installed a CAI about a month ago but would've gotten a check engine light right after that if that was the issue I would assume and thats the only thing I've done to the engine.

Hopefully I can figure out the issue quickly.
Assuming you disconnected the battery when you installed the CAI the CEL should be unrelated to that. Best bet is to pull the code

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Assuming you disconnected the battery when you installed the CAI the CEL should be unrelated to that. Best bet is to pull the code
Yeah it has been fine for a month since the CAI install - I cant find my OBD Scanner so had to order a new one and will check it tomorrow morning when it arrives.

Dont want to bring it to the dealer with a code relating to the CAI if that happens to be it - and if not I want to know the issue before going there since some dealers will blame the CAI and not do warranty work.

Patsy1099

Reaction score

Dig your truck and wheels. Can you put up some more pics when you get a chance.

Patsy1099

Reaction score
Yeah it has been fine for a month since the CAI install - I cant find my OBD Scanner so had to order a new one and will check it tomorrow morning when it arrives.

Dont want to bring it to the dealer with a code relating to the CAI if that happens to be it - and if not I want to know the issue before going there since some dealers will blame the CAI and not do warranty work.

You definitely want to find your scanner and get the code. It may or may not be the CAI. The fact that you’ve had it installed a month wouldn’t mean it can’t cause problems. Mods don’t cause issues all the time. Under certain conditions airflow, oxygen sensors, etc get pushed outside the tolerance they are programmed for and trip the sensor. If it is related to the MAF, just reset it. If it isn’t, the dealer needs to fix it and not point to your CAI (which is not a serious performance mod they can get upset about).

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Check to make sure all the sensors on the CAI are tight and in place they can sometimes move from vibration etc.

Users who are viewing this thread