5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

JK47TheWeapon

Reaction score
I am of the opinion it’s impossible to stop the leaking. I have tons of weather seals .my tailgate is so tight you can barely open it. Still leaks every time it rains.

Put lots of light in the bed and look at night. Multiple flashlights, LED lights, etc. You'll see it the gaps easily.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I want a damn front camera added. If they can flash the system for the power steps, why the heck can they not for a front camera add on install?

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
Just curious...why not go spray on? Liners are good but wear the paint down underneath which can start the bed to rust over time.
First truck and honestly didn't know any better. To return it, there would have been a 20% restock fee. I vinyl wrapped the bed before install to help. I don't haul anything really, just got the truck to make getting to trails I mountain bike at easier. I can always do it later.

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
This morning I installed my Mopar off road running boards....Lucky me I was able to install without the need to remove any paint from the studs. Plus I added some Battery operated bed lights for now until I find a better option or get the guts to install my own electrical.....Next up....figuring what lift I want to go with. 22145 22146 22147

Rambro23

Reaction score
Debadged the doors and tailgate and swapped the chrome grille and Ram tailgate decals for matte black. Also swapped the ther brake light for Lasfit leds since they should have came that way anyways.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This morning I installed my Mopar off road running boards....Lucky me I was able to install without the need to remove any paint from the studs. Plus I added some Battery operated bed lights for now until I find a better option or get the guts to install my own electrical.....Next up....figuring what lift I want to go with. View attachment 22145 View attachment 22146 View attachment 22147

How did you get it on without having to remove paint? I’m going to install mine next week.

Creep0321

Reaction score
I used a die, but it was easy enough to turn by hand, but the paint was literally falling off as I went.

19Jake

Reaction score
How'd you do it without having to remove paint? I’m going to install mine next week.
NO thread chasin' required...start nuts & run 'em tight with a right angle driver (y)
IMG_2749.JPG s-l1600 (1).jpg

Pressgrove

Reaction score
NO thread chasin' required...start nuts & run 'em tight with a right angle driver (y)
View attachment 22178 View attachment 22181

I think the paint on the studs has gotten better on later builds due to feedback about the problem. I was surprised at how little paint I had on mine after reading about the problem here. That said, I still used a die (the bracket kit for my steps came with one).

You may get by with just bolting them on, but I would proceed cautiously. The extra care taken only costs you a few minutes, while there's not a good fix if you damage one.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed the Mopar Chrome deflector today. Once its installed it looks good and it sits securely on the hood. A couple points about the install. It has 6 clips that are secured to the underside of the hood. 4 of them go into the holes where the scrivets are removed from the existing weather strip with the 2 most outer ones merely pushed onto the hood edge over top of the plastic tape. When you try to push the plastic screw plugs into the holes, they are so close to the edge of the metal clip you have to push them in at an angle and they tend to want to pop out. You are screwed if you lose one because they don't provide any extra hardware. If i were them i would toss in a few extra's. Its also key to align the deflector before putting the two outer clips on. All in all I'm pleased with it and would buy it again. Just be careful when you do it yourself!

UKreject

Reaction score
1) Added Tyger running boards to my Bighorn.
2) Changed various bulbs to LED.
3) Played in the snow in my new truck. Solid as a rock. Loved it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/