5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, received my Blackout Rear LED (lane assists) tail lights last Friday. Ready to install them and opened the packaging to find that they were damaged in transit. Currently working with the shipping company to submit my claim. Bummed because I was ready!!
You would think these companies would learn to wrap plastic items/breakables better. Its not like the carriers are delicate with the packages as they traverse the system.

RAMRaven19

Reaction score
You would think these companies would learn to wrap plastic items/breakables better. Its not like the carriers are delicate with the packages as they traverse the system.
Exactly...but I digress. Either way I'll get what I paid for (via the company or shipping company). I'm more irritated because I wanted it installed by now. Lol.

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I put on a bra! Sadly, the bugs here are terrible and I’ve already got a few etched spots despite being very careful to get them off quickly. It takes away from the the awesome front end looks, but it needs to protected. C7748584-4F35-4E41-851A-01B7E3394121.jpeg

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
I put on a bra! Sadly, the bugs here are terrible and I’ve already got a few etched spots despite being very careful to get them off quickly. It takes away from the the awesome front end looks, but it needs to protected. View attachment 22317
You should look in to a clear paint protection wrap if you don't want to cover the beauty of that front end. Truck looks great. Love the blue!

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You should look in to a clear paint protection wrap if you don't want to cover the beauty of that front end. Truck looks great. Love the blue!
That was the idea. I was trying to keep it perfect until I had time to get it done, now I’m trying to just avoid any further damage.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Took it out on the beach for the first time - Montauk, NY. Popped it into 4H, didn't take any air out of the tires and it rode beautifully, smooth and consistent, no slip or spin. Best truck I've taken on the beach from street to sand so far and I've taken Fords, Chevys and Jeep Wranglers.

View attachment 21502 View attachment 21503 View attachment 21504 View attachment 21506
Those are some great shots - if you don't do any photography on the side you should consider it because you have a knack for it!

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Easiest ever! Clean and dry, little suction cup is super helpful for handling and indexing the upper right corner. Once it touched the screen, it sucked itself to the screen, no squeegeeing necessary.
Question: do you know if the same people sell screen savers for the 8.4 screen? I assume yours is the big screen. Thanks!

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed all new dash speakers. 2 JL Audio C2 350x's and in the center a Boss BRS 35 50w. Sound is 100% better and it took about 15 minutes to change all three. The hardest part is removing the grills! I used Metra cables and no need for polarity reversals. A very nice upgrade for a little money and a little time. Another upgrade people on this website forced me to make!!!!!!

Last edited:

jimk hunt

Reaction score
So n
Installed all new dash speakers. 2 JL Audio C2 350x's and in the center a Boss BRS 35 50w. Sound is 100% better and it took about 15 minutes to change all three. The hardest part is removing the grills! I used Metra cables and no need for polarity reversals. A very nice upgrade for a little money and a little time.
So no trimming of the mount required? Can you really tell the difference, any pics? This may be next on my list. Thx.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So n

So no trimming of the mount required? Can you really tell the difference, any pics? This may be next on my list. Thx.
No trimming of anything. Old ones out, new ones in, same holes same everything. Yes there is a MAJOR difference in the sound quality in my opinion. I did not take any pics of the install process but there are youtube vids on how to do it if you need them.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed my Lomax tonneau cover, very impressed! Also Installed a brake controller, Carven exhaust, and Go Rhino step sides. Very pleased with everything, all great quality products!

that truck looks "Awesome" and all that you did :cool:(y)..how did you get such a shine..is that a "Ceramic coat":unsure:??

TBK

Reaction score
Got the newly release Weathertech tailgate protector installed so I can finally slide my toolbox out without gouging the tailgate. A bit expensive, but seems like it's the only thing on the market right now. I think this with the rubber mat should do me fine for now.

22331 22332

Also wired the ham antenna in a position that doesn't bother me.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks good. I've got the matte black one ordered. But the chrome one on your Billet Silver looks better than I thought it would. Got me rethinking the matte black. But I've got the Extang Soild Fold 2.0 tonneau on the back which is also kind of a matte black. So the matte black deflector and the tonneau should kind of balance out I guess.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks good. I've got the matte black one ordered. But the chrome one on your Billet Silver looks better than I thought it would. Got me rethinking the matte black. But I've got the Extang Soild Fold 2.0 tonneau on the back which is also kind of a matte black. So the matte black deflector and the tonneau should kind of balance out I guess.
I'm sure matte black will look good too!

Users who are viewing this thread