5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

fireron

Reaction score
Well looks like my endeavor for a gear swap is in vein

Have to do the front gears at the same time (obviously) well moes says no housing is on the market for a front gear swap

Sooo if you got the 3.92 from the factory you did it right. No options out there to convert which sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Something sounds wrong with that to me. To think that you need a special housing for different gear ratios is very strange from a parts inventory perspective. You might need a different carrier for the gears, or different type of gears for the front carrier but to have a totally different housing would be silly. The Pentastar motors come with 3.55 gears so is there a different housing for them?

I know in a Wrangler you need a different carrier for 3.73 gears and up (numerically) but the housing is the same. I'm sure someone on the forum has more knowledge than I do on Ram differentials housings and can explain it better.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
yes I confirm. I replaced all 3 bulbs with those and have no issue at all.
They are the brightest i found.

I ordered 4 of both the Luyed https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LX4FMD1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 the and the Lasfit

I decided to keep the Luyed as the reviews were better and they were brighter. If you are going to replace your high mounted brake light...do not buy the RED LED version. Since the lens is red, they are designed for a white bulb. You only use a red bulb when the lens is clear. You will get a higher brightness level using a white bulb with a red lens than you do with a red bulb with a red lens. Very happy with the outcome and thanks to @myram2019 for his guidance!

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Something sounds wrong with that to me. To think that you need a special housing for different gear ratios is very strange from a parts inventory perspective. You might need a different carrier for the gears, or different type of gears for the front carrier but to have a totally different housing would be silly. The Pentastar motors come with 3.55 gears so is there a different housing for them?

I know in a Wrangler you need a different carrier for 3.73 gears and up (numerically) but the housing is the same. I'm sure someone on the forum has more knowledge than I do on Ram differentials housings and can explain it better.

Thanks for posting man. I too thought it was strange. It will happen sooner than later. It could be a carrier but I was talking with Matt from Moe’s and he said I don’t have much option right now with everything.

More to come. For now I’ll do the limited slip which amazing me they didn’t throw it in with a 4x4 and towing package equipped truck. Must be included with the off-road package which I don’t have.

dragon285

Reaction score
I've got the same color Ram, Love it! I also have Grapplers in a 305/55/20. Wondering if you noticed any change in handling with the wheel spacers?

Thx!
WOW i was actually thinking of going that route with the 305's but was afraid of rubbing? Does your RAM rub with the 305's? Do you have stock or lifted suspension? Any wheel spacers? Put some pics up to view bro!! As for me, the handling is great, and the ride is still as smooth as with the stock tires. I'm very happy with the 2 inch wheel spacers and the 285's. I'm even thinking about going wider with some 3 inch spacers just to see how that would look....we'll see. Anyway put a pic of your RAM up.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
First hand wash then did a second quick wash with the foam canon.

Cleaned the whole interior too.

Also added Black Pearl Black Tinted Satin Finish to the tires to try and get rid of the white lettering. Looks good for now but I will have to see how it holds up in rain etc. Wanted to give this a try for $20 before flipping the tires.

20153 20154 20155

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Busy day. Installed the Mopar mud flaps, VLED reverse light LED's and radar mounted. Still working on the black emblems. RAM HEAD on the tailgate was a PITA to remove and to get the adhesive out.
can you show pictures of the mopar mud flaps installed?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I strongly suggest the WeatherTech mud guards over the MOPAR. Check out the thread on the WT installs. No areas to hold mud and snow and the fit is excellent. Just MPO ;)

NordicNevs

Reaction score
I strongly suggest the WeatherTech mud guards over the MOPAR. Check out the thread on the WT installs. No areas to hold mud and snow and the fit is excellent. Just MPO ;)

And others share your opinion. I’m VERY impressed with mine.

macallien

Reaction score
can you show pictures of the mopar mud flaps installed?
Happy with them. Could not get them to fit nice and snug to the fender flare, but still happy with it. I went with these as they are a tad shorter than the WT and I liked the look of these better. Simply cosmetic preference. I live in Puerto Rico so there is no snow to deal with packing into the flaps. I might close those gaps with black duct tape, just might.

20163 20164

img_0880-jpeg.20161

jeffmc306

Reaction score
Went camping this weekend. Ram pulled the Airstream easily. 7,700 pounds with about 700 pounds of tongue weight. These are guesstimates not actual measured weights. View attachment 19376
Nice looking combo and perfect framing of the photo! What model / size is your Airstream? I’m curious what your door sticker payload is too. We’re heading to Jackson Center, OH to see our new 27’ Globetrotter on the production line next week. I’m concerned since our ‘19 Ram 1500’s payload is 1220# but does have 3.92 axle and 33 gal. tank. Happy Camping!

Trfnj74

Reaction score
Do you have the Off-road group? Or just added those tires? What size are they?

No off road group, I wasn't able to order with the E-torque at the time.. I added the tires a couple of days after I picked up the truck for the winter. They are 275/60/R20 Falken Wild Peaks...

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Got tint and bedliner in. I had amp powersteps ordered, but they ordered the wrong year and have install set for Friday

Tint was llumar pinnacle 30% on all windows except front windshield for $369. Not impressed with the look of 30% but that’s lowest legal in Texas

Ameraguard bed liner for $330. They did great on it. Looks great, highly recommend and lifetime warranty is a plus

Pics below of bedliner and tint. But tint looks darker in picture than in person

Attachments

• B462A977-AB93-4542-9368-8012780D21FF.jpeg
    B462A977-AB93-4542-9368-8012780D21FF.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 144
  • 07112B74-748C-467D-901D-9C5456D3F153.jpeg
    07112B74-748C-467D-901D-9C5456D3F153.jpeg
    242.2 KB · Views: 145

jamie.howlett

Reaction score
Today's adventure changed the oil & filter, put in the nospill drain plug. skipped the wash. The oil filter location is nonsense.

Keemosabe

Reaction score
Installed my Mopar bed step. I was hesitant to order it due to the cost, but I have to say, it’s well made, very solid and works great. Bit of s PITA to install on my back on a creeper, but no issues. Should have ordered it from the factory and saved myself a few bucks.
Bought the bed to cab seal as well so that is next. :)

Attachments

• 6199E78A-EEA3-4676-9240-3AD8A44356F9.jpeg
    6199E78A-EEA3-4676-9240-3AD8A44356F9.jpeg
    202.1 KB · Views: 121
  • 25D7E6DD-1B67-4758-8443-0568311344F4.jpeg
    25D7E6DD-1B67-4758-8443-0568311344F4.jpeg
    170.6 KB · Views: 121

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed my Mopar bed step. I was hesitant to order it due to the cost, but I have to say, it’s well made, very solid and works great. Bit of s PITA to install on my back on a creeper, but no issues. Should have ordered it from the factory and saved myself a few bucks.
Bought the bed to cab seal as well so that is next. :)

What is a bed to cab seal? Can you fill me in on this?

Keemosabe

Reaction score
What is a bed to cab seal? Can you fill me in on this?
There is a lower rubber “gasket” that is much like the vertical seals on each side of the bed to cab gap. They were on some of the earlier builds, but Ram stopped installing them on newer builds. It doesn’t really seal anything, more of a soft deflector between the bottom of the cab and the bed. Some feel it reduces the rear road noise coming in the back cab bulkhead vents. I notice a slight bit of sound from the back. For $12? Figured I’d pop one on. It’s a crawl under the truck operation, unless you have a lift. If you search road noise on this board you’ll probably find a thread or two.

Users who are viewing this thread