5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

schoon85

Reaction score
First hand wash then did a second quick wash with the foam canon.

Cleaned the whole interior too.

Also added Black Pearl Black Tinted Satin Finish to the tires to try and get rid of the white lettering. Looks good for now but I will have to see how it holds up in rain etc. Wanted to give this a try for $20 before flipping the tires.

View attachment 20153 View attachment 20154 View attachment 20155

Let me know how this works out. Also want to flip, but cheapest i've found anyone to do it is $100.

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
Installed a BedRug bed mat xlt in my truck with RamBoxes. I ordered the 2019 new body style version and trimmed the areas made to go around the wheel humps for the standard bed, making a rectangle. Also installed the BakFlip Revolver X4 for the RamBoxes. The cover comes with a J-Clip to help secure the tailgate mat. The video I watched on YouTube mentioned this may impede the closing of certain tonneau covers. It does on my truck. I'll end up removing the J-Clip and just use their hook/loop fasteners on the tailgate instead. Otherwise, it turned out well. It was leap of faith for me because BakFlip did not say for certain the slats on the bed would batch up with the slats on the bottom of the bedrug but they do.

Attachments

• bedrug1.jpg
    bedrug1.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 109
  • bedrug3.jpg
    bedrug3.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 119
  • bedrug4.jpg
    bedrug4.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 117

redbranch

Reaction score
Took my parents to lunch in my new ride. :) First, understand they are 89 and 87 years old. My mom isn't a truck fan because they are too hard to get in and out of...until I dropped it into entry mode and the running boards dropped down. Now she thinks it's cool. And my dad? His first car was a horse and buggy, and his second was a '28 Model A. He's always leaned toward basic in vehicles his whole life, including his pickups. But when he got in mine, he took a look around and asked if it was a training module to fly the space shuttle. LOL! They were both very impressed with the truck, the features and the smooth ride, and especially the Longhorn interior.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So I finallly got my LED bed lighting installed (almost...still need to button up wiring underneath truck). As many have done here I went with the LED strips instead of the Mopar bed lights. Not only are they far cheaper, I prefer them because they line the entire bed and distribute the light more evenly IMO. I opted not to tie the LEDs into the cargo light switch because I prefer not having the bed lights come on every time I open a door so I installed a (included) switch in the bed. I already love these things. It’s a must have mod, especially if you have a Tonneau cover.
The one tricky thing I ran into was having ramboxes and bed rails. This combo meant I had no stake pockets to run the wires down. Many people without ramboxes can run them down the stakes and take out the tailight to grab the wires. Since I couldn’t do that with the ramboxes and didn’t want to remove my rails (and Tonneau) in order to fish wires thru a hole at the top of the rails, I ran the wires behind the plastic trim at the back near the tailgate, then in wire loom and thru the access hole at bottom/rear of the bed. Works for me. Pics below.

EDIT: it’s not reflected in the pic below because I did it afterwards but I went back and put a bead of clear silicone around the entire switch case and also inside that hole to make that switch a bit more water tight, especially given its location.

Attachments

• A76525EB-9C32-4CDA-933A-1AD7A60158E2.jpeg
    A76525EB-9C32-4CDA-933A-1AD7A60158E2.jpeg
    176 KB · Views: 162
  • 7B9609D1-78ED-48EC-B978-7BDAC294EFD0.jpeg
    7B9609D1-78ED-48EC-B978-7BDAC294EFD0.jpeg
    201.6 KB · Views: 163
  • 1C3A41F9-6BE8-4351-B364-BACA949F7DBE.jpeg
    1C3A41F9-6BE8-4351-B364-BACA949F7DBE.jpeg
    198.8 KB · Views: 155
  • FECDE00A-E753-47AC-BB38-F3A3CA2B4CC7.jpeg
    FECDE00A-E753-47AC-BB38-F3A3CA2B4CC7.jpeg
    179.1 KB · Views: 152
  • 752C9ABB-E044-4A94-8816-7477C5E38676.jpeg
    752C9ABB-E044-4A94-8816-7477C5E38676.jpeg
    306.4 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Let me know how this works out. Also want to flip, but cheapest i've found anyone to do it is $100.
Yea dont do it. Came out today less than 24 hours later and its all peeling off the tire already. Flipping is really only way to go - this is the only product that I found that even claimed it would work and it definitely does not.

grinch72

Reaction score
Installed a BedRug bed mat xlt in my truck with RamBoxes. I ordered the 2019 new body style version and trimmed the areas made to go around the wheel humps for the standard bed, making a rectangle. Also installed the BakFlip Revolver X4 for the RamBoxes. The cover comes with a J-Clip to help secure the tailgate mat. The video I watched on YouTube mentioned this may impede the closing of certain tonneau covers. It does on my truck. I'll end up removing the J-Clip and just use their hook/loop fasteners on the tailgate instead. Otherwise, it turned out well. It was leap of faith for me because BakFlip did not say for certain the slats on the bed would batch up with the slats on the bottom of the bedrug but they do.
Can you post the exact part you ordered? I'd like to do the same. Looks great!

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
Can you post the exact part you ordered? I'd like to do the same. Looks great!
#XLTBMT19CCS. This was for the 5'7" inch bed with a spray in bedliner. I just went to their website and autoanything.com and plugged in my truck but put "without RamBoxes" in my subcategory. I was willing to take the chance it wouldn't work because I have liked this mat in other trucks. I trimmed only around the tire humps and left all other fabric alone. I used a permanent marker, straight edge (in the picture), and blade to cut. It was easy and quick. Remember this product code is for the XLT version which includes the attached tailgate mat. You can get without the tailgate portion OR you can order them separately and not have the carpet fabric attaching the two pieces. To me the carpet has prevented me from dropping things between the bed and tailgate, but I can see the advantage of not having them connected.

bigdaddymac

Reaction score
What pressure washer do you have..? I have a Sun Joe 3001 SPX combined with CG Torq EQP321..

Using a Ryobi 1700 PSI. But I ordered the foam gun that hooks straight to the hose for those quick washes. I also have a Slick products cannon for the pressure washer.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks. The mount is a Senlips license plate mount/bull bumper. It’s aluminum, inexpensive and serves an awesome purpose for me. Link below

The 7” lights (as well as the 20”) are Nilight. They are very inexpensive, pretty well-made IMO. Def not like the super high end stuff out there but these things are pennies compared to what the others cost and serve my purpose. They are crazy bright. They turn night into day. I am also putting a 20” under my rear bumper (on a switch) for backing up purposes when it’s dark and backup camera can’t see well. I’m in the process of getting the switches mounted and will post back the finished result. I start 10 projects at once.

Nilight 7” pair

Nilight 20”

i just got my about a week or so ago!!

SColang22

Reaction score
Anyone use this chipyoucar.com "chip"? They claim 60hp from a can tune and 5-6 MPG so I am 100% skeptical. Anyone have real world experience. Other google reviews are on different trucks and say they are a scam

SColang22

Reaction score
So after some thought I’m not a fan of the 3.21

Also these 1 wheel wonders are laughable

2986e08f8dc7b55acf8482efa4705e37.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If your changing your gears make sure you don't have 4 wheel drive. You'll have to do the front axle as well.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
If your changing your gears make sure you don't have 4 wheel drive. You'll have to do the front axle as well.

Correct. I am passing in the gears for now as there is no front housing available for my truck.

This was from Matt at Moes

Since you are 4WD, then you need the parts I listed for the rear and then you need a complete 3.92 front housing for the front. Nobody sells just a ring and pinion for the front, so you have to replace that entire housing.

SColang22

Reaction score
Correct. I am passing in the gears for now as there is no front housing available for my truck.

Since you are 4WD, then you need the parts I listed for the rear and then you need a complete 3.92 front housing for the front. Nobody sells just a ring and pinion for the front, so you have to replace that entire housing.

Yea i was looking at taking an 18 front axle from a wrecked truck but i cant seem to find one

SColang22

Reaction score

Did you get the LSD installed? I got quoted almost $1000 for just the install.

Dontfront82

Reaction score
Installed my Mopar bed step. I was hesitant to order it due to the cost, but I have to say, it’s well made, very solid and works great. Bit of s PITA to install on my back on a creeper, but no issues. Should have ordered it from the factory and saved myself a few bucks.
Bought the bed to cab seal as well so that is next. :)

I want to buy these! Glad to see u like them

Nick54

Reaction score
Brake/Gas pedal recall complete.
First oil and filter change at 2K.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Did you get the LSD installed? I got quoted almost $1000 for just the install.

I have not yet. It shipped today. I’ll bring it to my. Jesus shop and we will do it together. Should be (even doing that) in the area of 500-600 I would imagine.

SColang22

Reaction score
I have not yet. It shipped today. I’ll bring it to my. Jesus shop and we will do it together. Should be (even doing that) in the area of 500-600 I would imagine.

That’s the only thing holding me back. 4A works for now

NordicNevs

Reaction score
That’s the only thing holding me back. 4A works for now

I hear ya man and to be honest it would work for me too. Mentally I can’t stand the idea of my truck not being able to put traction to both rear wheels. It’s a stupid problem I have. 4wd would be more than sufficient.

SColang22

Reaction score
I hear ya man and to be honest it would work for me too. Mentally I can’t stand the idea of my truck not being able to put traction to both rear wheels. It’s a stupid problem I have. 4wd would be more than sufficient.

I’m the same way but $1500 is more than it’s worth to me right now. Did you buy the bearing kit? Probably gonna year your bearings off pulling your gear set out

Users who are viewing this thread