5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same here. Anytime I can hit the range or dome for 30 minutes or an hour.... I'm there.
Saw a great pic in the Rambox uses thread that show a full set if clubs fitting perfectly in the Ramboxes. Shoes too. Real clubs, not kids. That's great!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

cjmst23

Reaction score
Saw a great pic in the Rambox uses thread that show a full set if clubs fitting perfectly in the Ramboxes. Shoes too. Real clubs, not kids. That's great!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Yep, definitely depends on the bag. Most cart bags will be a challenge. Carry bags collapse more.

MDBumblebee

Reaction score
What's your thoughts on it? I was looking at the same one. Easy install?

Not bad for the price. It looks to be the Amazon version of the SRX on Gator's website but $30 cheaper Installation was easy. There's a video on Real Truck on installation (bottom of page). Tension adjustment is via an adjustment block at the cab end of the cover. Not a big deal to me and it wasn't worth extra $$ for the thumbscrew adjustments on other covers. Waves a bit while driving but it's quiet. Three clamps on each side are holding firm so far.
One tip. The cover floats on the cab-end mounting bar. I didn't notice that at first and when I put in on it overlapped on the passenger side and barely covered the velco on the driver's rail. Once I rolled it back up I noticed that it floated and only took a good tug to even it out across both sides.

jfisher34

Reaction score
Installed a Bakflip X4 today. I was on the fence with it considering the comments about it I’ve seen on this forum, but overall I’m happy with it so far. I needed something that would allow me to put a motorcycle in the bed and wanted something that would allow me to see out the back window. It looks great and the matte finish matches the bed rails really nicely. The only down side is if someone really wanted to break into the bed, it would not be that difficult. It’s possible to slide something between the tailgate and cover and pull the release cable. Then again, most tonneaus could be broken into if the person was determined enough.

Please let me know if it leaks where it folds the next time you get rain. I really want that exact cover, but I read so many reviews that it leaks. I am confused because it also has so many 5 star reviews so I don't know what to think.

thanks

Thatsme06

Reaction score
Not bad for the price. It looks to be the Amazon version of the SRX on Gator's website but $30 cheaper Installation was easy. There's a video on Real Truck on installation (bottom of page). Tension adjustment is via an adjustment block at the cab end of the cover. Not a big deal to me and it wasn't worth extra $$ for the thumbscrew adjustments on other covers. Waves a bit while driving but it's quiet. Three clamps on each side are holding firm so far.
One tip. The cover floats on the cab-end mounting bar. I didn't notice that at first and when I put in on it overlapped on the passenger side and barely covered the velco on the driver's rail. Once I rolled it back up I noticed that it floated and only took a good tug to even it out across both sides.
Sweet thanks for the info. Might go with the SRX for the small difference and they dont even show that one on the Gator website. Thought that was strange.

DharmaDog

Reaction score
Sweet thanks for the info. Might go with the SRX for the small difference and they dont even show that one on the Gator website. Thought that was strange.

I installed the SRX last week. And drove with it down for ~2 hour road trip. It does flap around a little, but I could not hear it, and I have not made any tension adjustments so far. I may try adding some tension to see if that impacts the flapping. Install was pretty easy. The truck sat out for ~24 hours in a light rain, and at the end of that 24 hours there was maybe 2 cups worth of water in the bed near the tailgate - 1 cup in each rear corner. I may be able to reduce that with some additional weather stripping around the tailgate. But it's not bad, and wasn't enough to get the contents wet, as the water collected in the channels of the bed. Overall, I'm pretty happy with it.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Received my S&B cold air intake today so it looks like I will be installing it this weekend.

Since I'm a newbie here I guess I should say that I have already got new 22x9 Chrome wheels installed and traded in the stock 18's for credit toward the new wheels. I also have installed a performance chip from "chip your car". It definitely has improved the HP, engine throttle response, shifting and increased the mileage about 5 MPG on average. I was not really a believer in these things until i got one.

Last edited:

klail

Reaction score
Received my S&B cold air intake today so it looks like I will be installing it this weekend.

Since I'm a newbie here I guess I should say that I have already got new 22x10 Chrome wheels installed and traded in the stock 18's for credit toward the new wheels. I also have installed a performance chip from "chip your car". It definitely has improved the HP, engine response, shifting and increased the mileage about 5 MPG on average. I was not really a believer in these things until i got one.
Make sure to post pictures in this thread once installed!

ESL12

Reaction score

Since I'm a newbie here I guess I should say that I have already got new 22x10 Chrome wheels installed and traded in the stock 18's for credit toward the new wheels. I also have installed a performance chip from "chip your car". It definitely has improved the HP, engine throttle response, shifting and increased the mileage about 5 MPG on average. I was not really a believer in these things until i got one.
I checked out there site after you mentioned them. If you don’t mind me asking...which stage chip did you get? I see there are three stages available.

Keemosabe

Reaction score
Received my Bak Revolver Tonneau today!
Now I just need the Ram to install it on.
. KZ status.......

Attachments

• 18A20C3F-21DC-43AE-AC9C-A3F6D802BE4C.jpeg
    18A20C3F-21DC-43AE-AC9C-A3F6D802BE4C.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 81
  • F549FF1B-FA67-4F45-89CC-A9DEDC5FA6E9.jpeg
    F549FF1B-FA67-4F45-89CC-A9DEDC5FA6E9.jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 79

B-Rebel

Reaction score
Please let me know if it leaks where it folds the next time you get rain. I really want that exact cover, but I read so many reviews that it leaks. I am confused because it also has so many 5 star reviews so I don't know what to think.

thanks

It’s the Revolver X4. It rolls up on top of the bed rails. We are getting some rain right now. I’ll check here shortly. I did notice a big gap between the tailgate and the bed. Not sure how waterproof any tonneau will be with that much of a gap

RAMiller

Reaction score

Since I'm a newbie here I guess I should say that I have already got new 22x10 Chrome wheels installed and traded in the stock 18's for credit toward the new wheels. I also have installed a performance chip from "chip your car". It definitely has improved the HP, engine throttle response, shifting and increased the mileage about 5 MPG on average. I was not really a believer in these things until i got one.
What was your gas mileage prior to installing the chip.

RAMiller

Reaction score
Got my Lomax Hard Cover today and already have the Fuel Assault Wheels. Now if my new Limited I ordered on 2/12/2019 comes in I can install. Put 4 coats of CarPro CQUARTZ on the cover (possible overkill but it was sitting and the application on the cover was easy so I went for the extra protection). Put 3 coats of GYEON Rim on the wheels.

Attachments

• A092607B-57C8-44DF-8321-11CAC0238E14.jpeg
    A092607B-57C8-44DF-8321-11CAC0238E14.jpeg
    284.9 KB · Views: 139
  • 744D9376-F090-4961-826C-B74F316215A8.jpeg
    744D9376-F090-4961-826C-B74F316215A8.jpeg
    197.3 KB · Views: 152
  • 1E467773-D58A-4EB0-BFD9-678F677B1208.jpeg
    1E467773-D58A-4EB0-BFD9-678F677B1208.jpeg
    140.5 KB · Views: 179
  • 53C4AA07-5B0D-4D4B-8532-945FF40B0EF2.jpeg
    53C4AA07-5B0D-4D4B-8532-945FF40B0EF2.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 181
  • BAA0F04F-F06E-40C6-88D1-5102BAD20BDD.jpeg
    BAA0F04F-F06E-40C6-88D1-5102BAD20BDD.jpeg
    140.3 KB · Views: 173
  • 3600B7F2-AB84-464D-9837-E7EBABF0AADB.jpeg
    3600B7F2-AB84-464D-9837-E7EBABF0AADB.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
Cleaned at the window interior and exterior with optimum opti-clean even though it wasn’t really required. My obsession is becoming OCD

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dropped it off at the service dept a few minutes ago with this list. Service Writer told me it would take a few days to get through it, made a copy of my list and immediately offered a rental car. I did notice the two RRT bulletins and Recall notice automatically populated on my R.O. As of right now, I'm only being billed for an oil change. We'll see how it goes, waiting for the rental as I type.

Didn't happen today, but I wanted to update how I made out at the dealer. I have another appointment scheduled for two mondays from now where I'm getting the body mount TSB done, and will follow up with them on some of the things they didn't fix / didn't understand the first time. Here's a short summary, updates in either green, blue, or red. Happy to explain on any topic with more info. I'll also be adding a few things to the new list as well, like the reverse tilt mirror function.

Attachments

• 2019 Ram Issues List-Updated.pdf
    82 KB · Views: 93

Users who are viewing this thread