5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

JonnyQuest

Reaction score
So, a lot going on on my end. I had Xpel PPF installed on the front bumper, hood, mirror caps, door pulls, A-pillars and front roof section yesterday. Today, I installed my RetraxPRO MX Bed Cover and the RAM OEM Stone Deflector. I am awaiting my WeatherTech mud guards as I don't like how the OEMs look with the fender flares. Already installed my WeatherTech floor mats. Next on my list is hardwiring my Uniden R3 radar detector (using a Blend Mount on the rear view mirror) and installing my BlackVue DR750S dash cam:)
How do you like XPEL? Can you tell it’s there? How much was it?

geotex1

Reaction score

Jumping in, Xpel is arguably the best on the market. Installed by an authorized applicator and the warranty is top shelf. Depending what you are covering, you may or may not see it is installed. For instance, full bumper, headlights, mirror caps and you have to be nose to nose with it to tell. If you fo partial hood, then from 5 feet you can't tell, but closer you will see the line. The clarity of the film does not cause and change of color or dull the look of the paint.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score

I LOVE Xpel...the best in the business. It's very hard to see from anything more than 5-10' away and optically clear. GREAT warranty too. The guy that does all of my cars cuts me a break so I paid $750 for the front bumper, partial hood, door handle cups, A-pillars, roof between windshield, front quarter panels and partial fender flares and sun roof and mirror caps. Typically, this would have run about $1000-$1200.

SB89

Reaction score
Replaced the cargo lights on the back of the cab from halogen to the LASFIT LEDs (https://www.amazon.com/dp/product/B079M2QPPL). Big difference. Reverse/brake light LEDs and my Swing Case get installed tomorrow.
So, I lied.....got antsy and installed the reverse and brake lights too. Love it.

Any error code or RF interference while remote starting with the key fob?
Absolutely none. No issues at all. Tailgate down, doors open, lock/unlock, remote start....all of it works fine. And no errors.

The only concern(ish) that I had is that the fit on the cargo lights up top don't seem to be the greatest. You really have to make sure to keep them vertical in the slots and be careful when re-inserting because it's a pretty tight fit.

RAMiller

Reaction score
So, a lot going on on my end. I had Xpel PPF installed on the front bumper, hood, mirror caps, door pulls, A-pillars and front roof section yesterday. Today, I installed my RetraxPRO MX Bed Cover and the RAM OEM Stone Deflector. I am awaiting my WeatherTech mud guards as I don't like how the OEMs look with the fender flares. Already installed my WeatherTech floor mats. Next on my list is hardwiring my Uniden R3 radar detector (using a Blend Mount on the rear view mirror) and installing my BlackVue DR750S dash cam:)
If I can ask, how much did your shop charge you to do the PPF on all you had done?

SB89

Reaction score
Nope, halogen. The only LED lights on my truck were the license plate lights and the lights on the mirrors.

macallien

Reaction score
Nope, halogen. The only LED lights on my truck were the license plate lights and the lights on the mirrors.
can you share which ones you used to replace reverse and brake lights?

Thatsme06

Reaction score
Did you use the same LED bulbs for the 3rd brake light, cargo, brake, and reverse? If not do you mind sharing which bulbs for each location. Looking to do the same and swap out halogens to all LED.

SB89

Reaction score
can you share which ones you used to replace reverse and brake lights?
Did you use the same LED bulbs for the 3rd brake light, cargo, brake, and reverse? If not do you mind sharing which bulbs for each location. Looking to do the same and swap out halogens to all LED.
LASFIT LED's all around...

White cargo lights: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079M2QPPL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Red 3rd brake light: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CK1NQQ8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
Brake lights: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077PR5B8G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Reverse/backup lights: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077PQWQR2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

All error free, plug and play. Super easy installs.

Users who are viewing this thread