5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Dirtfreak

Reaction score

KRField

Reaction score
Should have gotten PPF at least on the front bumper, Heard the paint is thin there and chips easy.

Yes it is very thin! My chips that are down to primer my finger nail barely catches on the base/clear coat thickness. When I get my truck back I will do some material thickness readings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KRField

Reaction score
I would love to do PPF but it just seems pricey no?

Sticker shock yes, but think about cost rock chip repair later and over the life of the vehicle. I was hoping to get to warmer weather to apply and regret waiting. I will have to repair and wet sand about 20 chips now. I was trying to hold off till I was able to polish and coat the truck. I took the gamble and lost.

I believe it is a must especially if you do a good amount of highway driving, or dirt/gravel roads and have factory fender flares.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nick54

Reaction score
Took me about 3 hours but I didn’t run a switch into the cab. I got a seperate wireless light controller and have them on a remote
Could you send me information on the remote module and where you purchased it?

NordicNevs

Reaction score
My Swing Case is getting delivered tomorrow! Can't wait to install it. Did you have any issues with the self-tapping screws in the spray-in bedliner? Any concerns with drilling into the bed?

When I have installed them in the past there wasn’t. Make sure you have a good drill or impact behind it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick54

Reaction score
Got bedrug xlt mat installed today.
fa77654d12954de04d18de3265e523dd.jpg

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk
I have one in the box waiting for warmer weather to install. I notice you have the gap material tucked down, does the gate close ok this way?

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
Should have gotten PPF at least on the front bumper, Heard the paint is thin there and chips easy.

I hear ya and I might do it in spring (if spring ever comes up here), I was quoted another 1600 or so with complete front and the fender flares and rocker panels .... and I have another very expensive hobby ....

Hadaway35

Reaction score
I have one in the box waiting for warmer weather to install. I notice you have the gap material tucked down, does the gate close ok this way?
It's a little tight but I'm hoping it will squeeze together after a little time. It just looks so much better that way. I also trimmed back the j channel to not hit the top rails of the tonneau. I would take yours out of the box and lay it flat as soon as possible. Give it some time to flatten out before install.

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

M

Mdegen93

Could you send me information on the remote module and where you purchased it?
It’s the wireless switch box from SpeedTech Lights. 6 channels and it’s easy to set up. The remote also stays lit blue on the individual channel so it’s easy to know if you have anything left on

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 109
U

User_6565

Ordered Diamondback HD and CrossBin-8 today (couple days ago, actually).

KRField

Reaction score
Added a Spectre drop in filter and did the charcoal filter delete (because why not?). Swapped stock halogen for 1550 LED cargo lights as suggested a few pages back. Highly recommend this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LX4FMD1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Finally got around to finishing up my console swap by tucking up the wiring and actually bolting it in. Bench to rebel console swap complete!
View attachment 17338

Did the console have the rear USB Hub? If so was the wiring already there to hook it up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klail

Reaction score
Polished and Ceramic coating today. Love that shine!

Attachments

• 978ECF2D-635B-444C-852E-F4E4F6943770.jpeg
    978ECF2D-635B-444C-852E-F4E4F6943770.jpeg
    223.6 KB · Views: 148
  • C3526A43-8C71-4D41-9F6A-1115F3AD89E5.jpeg
    C3526A43-8C71-4D41-9F6A-1115F3AD89E5.jpeg
    217.9 KB · Views: 148
  • 9C9082FA-BA5B-466A-8673-0A05FC43118F.jpeg
    9C9082FA-BA5B-466A-8673-0A05FC43118F.jpeg
    220.2 KB · Views: 136

klail

Reaction score
What coating did you go with?

The shop I went with used a brand called Rogue. It is shop specific so it’s not available anywhere else. They say it will last 5 years based on how I garage my truck at home and at work. Worth a try. See how it turns out in the long run. What I can say now is that it looks amazing right off the bat. Hopefully it stays that way.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Tried putting in a 2" level, ended up with a broken strut and having to wait a week for the new one to show up. The shock nut was siezed onto the shock piston which is stainless, ended up having to heat the nut with an oxy/acetylene torch and they came right off. Turns out during all the spinning of the shock something internally came loose and was ratteling around inside. First time this has ever happened to me and I've installed about a dozen lift kits on various models.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tried putting in a 2" level, ended up with a broken strut and having to wait a week for the new one to show up. The shock nut was siezed onto the shock piston which is stainless, ended up having to heat the nut with an oxy/acetylene torch and they came right off. Turns out during all the spinning of the shock something internally came loose and was ratteling around inside. First time this has ever happened to me and I've installed about a dozen lift kits on various models.

Most likely, some heat transferred down the piston shaft and then rotating ruined some seals

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
So, a lot going on on my end. I had Xpel PPF installed on the front bumper, hood, mirror caps, door pulls, A-pillars and front roof section yesterday. Today, I installed my RetraxPRO MX Bed Cover and the RAM OEM Stone Deflector. I am awaiting my WeatherTech mud guards as I don't like how the OEMs look with the fender flares. Already installed my WeatherTech floor mats. Next on my list is hardwiring my Uniden R3 radar detector (using a Blend Mount on the rear view mirror) and installing my BlackVue DR750S dash cam:)

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
did you pick this up at Amazon? Good quality.

Nope friend made it for me....free

Seeing if people would be interested in getting some made. I asked her if she would make more and she said yes. She is going to make me another one but with a red logo to match mt red interior(Rebel).

Users who are viewing this thread