5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed and hardwired my Blackvue DR750X-2ch-plus dash cam. Between the posts on this forum and YouTube videos, it was a pretty simple job. If you have average mechanical ability, this is an easy DIY install. The longest part for me was the trial and error bending the rear bracket to try and get a tight fit, if you have a crew cab I probably wouldn't bother with it as the cable was just long enough to reach the center of my rear window on the quad cab. I'm not 100% happy with the rear camera bracket, I'll either get used to it or try something else. View attachment 100556 View attachment 100557 View attachment 100558 View attachment 100559
AWESOME:love::cool:

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So….I did a thing today! View attachment 100617

View attachment 100618

View attachment 100619
First impressions?
Absolutely awesome! I have it mounted on the middle setting.
This truck is PLANTED in the curves. Turns like a Formula One racer.
I also went through a service station lot with a lot of raised-mound manhole covers and normally would have rolled each way shaking back and forth but it felt glued to the ground.

I read one of the other threads on the Hellwig Sway Bar with about 39 pages and only two said it wasn’t worth it.
Those two couldn’t have had it set up right.

I can attest that it is indeed worth every cent I paid for it.
I have air suspension and it has not hindered the ride quality of my Limited.
I don’t feel any need to put it on the softer setting or that it needs any more than the middle. I don’t tow so no need to venture further on tension.

If you were ever waffling on whether to buy it….don’t!
It’ll become one of your favourite mods!
me to 😉 (y)

Attachments

• 103_1515.JPG
    103_1515.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 162

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Install some running boards. Finished just in time before the storm. Windows tint on Thursday and husky mud flaps seem to be lost in shipping. It needs a little lift now. Wife said can you calm down. You haven’t even made the first truck payment
aca45f58614a9e5536d1104b08b2cc2b.jpg

89633d40b321492c5391142b1aa1d9f8.jpg

204e34711af5f4f6c7cb60b1a2e1245d.jpg

fdb61f194546ea96f51bb977b5f4e0b0.jpg
me to 👍 ..count me in brother

Attachments

• 20200503_162109_InPixio.jpg
    20200503_162109_InPixio.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 99

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Today I installed the rare and highly coveted passenger door cup holder. Look on my cup holder, ye Mighty, and despair! :D

View attachment 100520

The Mopar number is 5YK46TX7AC. Be careful because there are aftermarket versions that are not true Mopar. I got mine from an Amazon seller (Desert Mopar Parts) with the real Mopar version. Here's a link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08D211K7C/

PS: This is the next to last item we talked about adding to my sweetie's new Ram during our 480-mile trip back home after we bought it. The last item will be the under seat storage. I am almost there.
Question ... is this part optional??? My Laramie came with one on the drivers' side, so I assumed there was one on the passenger side as well. I just found out last weekend there was none.

Brunzca

Reaction score
After 12+ hours on Sat - Wash, iron decon (nothing from that, by the way), clay towel, polish w/ carpro essence, and ceramic coating. Then Sunday, spray gloss booster. Quick touch up this morning to remove high spots, and done. The pictures aren't the best, since I'm a terrible photographer, but it looks pretty good, for my first time using a mechanical polisher, and first time ever applying a ceramic coating.

image3 (1).jpeg

Ever_Garza

Reaction score
Ordered hellwig sway bar, rear tow hook brackets and Trx tow hooks. Sent to my moms house because my wife is already questioning all my purchases . Also setup appointment this Friday to get amp power boards installed through dealer. Waited 3 months since they were back ordered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wsmith

Reaction score
Like it. Have one coming myself ‘cause the WT one ate my paint job 🤬 hammered them on a review. Never again. Hopefully the AVS one will hide the chip... 🧐
I have a WT and it doesn't come close to the paint, was yours the stick on? Or does it just not protect the paint from rocks? So far I love mine.

Users who are viewing this thread