5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Getting my first oil change and tire rotation.
Supposed to be a two hour wait.

Interestingly enough, they do plug into your OBD port and display info from your vehicle's computer over to a digital tablet. The very first screen shows the number of flashes on the computer. I don't know if all dealers do this for express lane work, but it's something to keep in mind for anyone doing anything to the computer.
We don't have the ability to flash the computer. I wish we did then we might be able to do more customizations. The changes through AlfaODB don't show up as flashes.

Brunzca

Reaction score
Supposed to be a two hour wait. 🤯

Interestingly enough, they do plug into your OBD port and display info from your vehicle's computer over to a digital tablet. The very first screen shows the number of flashes on the computer. I don't know if all dealers do this for express lane work, but it's something to keep in mind for anyone doing anything to the computer.
I had my first one yesterday. Was supposed to be 1.5 hours, but ended up being just about an hour from the time I pulled up until the time I left.

Idaho970

Reaction score
Your post about poor AC performance had me worried, especially since you have a 2021. As you know, it's been stupid hot in Idaho for a month and I'm happy to report that my AC has been awesome. I can't run it on Max for more than a few minutes before it freezes me out. Yesterday I dropped my wife at an eye doctor appointment and I sat in my truck for about 45 minutes with the air running on a 96 degree day in the normal AC mode, fan on 5 and I was perfectly comfortable and that's without tinted windows.
Thanks for letting me know! I removed the valve and have it scheduled for a service appointment.

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
Supposed to be a two hour wait.

Is this at a ram dealer or other place?

2019 Ram 1500 ORP “long bed” - setting #5 bilsteins, 2”mopar ucas, hellwig sway bar, tonneau cover, bed mat, 20” Laramie sport wheels on 285/60r20 falkens. Flowmaster outlaw.

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
We don't have the ability to flash the computer. I wish we did then we might be able to do more customizations. The changes through AlfaODB don't show up as flashes.

Think again big dog. Guy using tazer had his warranty voided.

2019 Ram 1500 ORP “long bed” - setting #5 bilsteins, 2”mopar ucas, hellwig sway bar, tonneau cover, bed mat, 20” Laramie sport wheels on 285/60r20 falkens. Flowmaster outlaw.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Very nice. The “long beds” look better at 4”+. Mine is leveled out and if this trx thing doesn’t work out im going your route. Bigger lift.

Nice man! Yeah with the longer bed I always kinda felt like my truck looked low-ish and long. I always wanted 37s and finally decided screw it just go for it. It’s not without compromise, but I LOVE the look!

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is this at a ram dealer or other place?

Tomball Dodge.

vincentw56

Reaction score
Think again big dog. Guy using tazer had his warranty voided.

Hmm, I've done a lot of changes with AlfaODB. Adding passive entry, adding rain sensing wipers, adding auto park assist, adding FCW and acc, etc. The last one I had to have the dealer enable and my warranty is still intact. He probably didn't remove the Tazer before taking it in. So yes, I stand by my statement.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmm, I've done a lot of changes with AlfaODB. Adding passive entry, adding rain sensing wipers, adding auto park assist, adding FCW and acc, etc. The last one I had to have the dealer enable and my warranty is still intact. He probably didn't remove the Tazer before taking it in. So yes, I stand by my statement.

Didn't want to start an argument.
But wanted to let folks know to be careful letting the dealer get near your truck.

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
Nice man! Yeah with the longer bed I always kinda felt like my truck looked low-ish and long. I always wanted 37s and finally decided screw it just go for it. It’s not without compromise, but I LOVE the look!

I had the same thought when I added the steps to it. Just didn’t look right. Then I leveled it and it looks normal now. Yours actually looks like you did something to it. The mpgs are whatever now

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score

He did not but they said they read that the system had been tampered. So voided. I changed the tire size on mine and if I need to take it in I’ll rever it back to “stock” tire size.

vincentw56

Reaction score
He did not but they said they read that the system had been tampered. So voided. I changed the tire size on mine and if I need to take it in I’ll rever it back to “stock” tire size.

I will say, my biggest fear is if they need to flash it and they reset it back to stock. Since my truck didn't come with some features, it won't recognize them. My hope is it wouldn't throw any errors. If it does, that could be my downfall.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
33327BAD-1558-4B26-B2FE-9CA8E494C47F.jpeg
Does anyone know what this bracket and wire does? The back window (powered) still opens and closes so I’m not sure what this thing does (controls back window defrost?).
It came off when opening the back window and it got caught on the LATCH strap of the truck for the car seat (not the car seat itself).

Amerinamese

Reaction score
View attachment 100017
Does anyone know what this bracket and wire does? The back window (powered) still opens and closes so I’m not sure what this thing does (controls back window defrost?).
It came off when opening the back window and it got caught on the LATCH strap of the truck for the car seat (not the car seat itself).
It controls the defroster on the sliding portion of the rear window. Mine has broken off 3 times now. On mine, the bottom "button" part attached to the window keeps snapping off and stays inside the plug/harness. The dealership has re-soldered it twice and it broke off the first time I open the window each time. The dealer said the next course of action is a new rear window.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I finally got around to canceling the extended warranty on the Ram I sold over a month ago. I had to call the dealer I bought that truck from. I thought about starting the conversation with, “I’ve been trying to reach you about my vehicle’s extended warranty,” but figured they probably hang up on me!

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday, I installed EGR mirror visors, and today, I removed them an will return them.

I ordered the matte black, but think I would have been happier with the smoked. The matte blocks visibility more than I thought it would, as if the A pillar is two inches thicker. Also, the B pillar in the Longhorn is glossy black, so the smoke would have been a better match. Fortunately, Amazon accepted the return.

Maybe I’ll get the glossy one day. My wife swears by hers, but I could take ‘em or leave ‘em. I’ll think about it.

Attachments

• 135230DC-3A73-41B0-8485-6D444E4F04B1.jpeg
    135230DC-3A73-41B0-8485-6D444E4F04B1.jpeg
    98.9 KB · Views: 95

groomin2500inthe808

Reaction score
Well, after posting some pics for yesterday, woke up today to a completely dead battery on my 2020 Ram with only 6400 miles. Now I am stuck up in Ouray, CO which is small mountain town with no FCA dealerships anywhere and 300 miles from home.

The Ram is completely dead...nothing comes on. Tried jumping but nothing except some weird popping and hissing noise that came and went (no air suspension). Don't know how this happened as the lights were off, nothing left on inside the truck.

Searching the forums now and finding that others have experienced this with their Rams too (1500 and 2500). If I did get to a dealer, they won't replace the battery unless they can prove the cellls are damaged/dead. Considering where I am at, I will lucky to find any battery that will fit but no guarantee that won't go dead either if there is another problem.

So that is what I am doing with my wonderful Ram truck today! :mad:
Just had the same thing on my 2020 2500, any ideas? im in hawaii and the dealership cant get me in until next month! Thanks in advance

Klicht87

Reaction score
Yesterday, I installed EGR mirror visors, and today, I removed them an will return them.

I ordered the matte black, but think I would have been happier with the smoked. The matte blocks visibility more than I thought it would, as if the A pillar is two inches thicker. Also, the B pillar in the Longhorn is glossy black, so the smoke would have been a better match. Fortunately, Amazon accepted the return.

Maybe I’ll get the glossy one day. My wife swears by hers, but I could take ‘em or leave ‘em. I’ll think about it.
Those are actually pretty nice

Users who are viewing this thread