5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Brunzca

Reaction score
Willing to share which ones you ordered? Those look great
These are the ones I ordered/installed, another member (security guy) posted a link for them previously. They fit great, meaning, they don’t leave a gap showing, as some other black lugs have. (I’ll post a pic in a few). But - be careful installing, as they scratch somewhat easily, so I’d use a socket, or something other than the OEM lug wrench.

Brunzca

Reaction score
Sorry for the filthy rims, no time for a bath today.. but, you can see the lugs fill the space

E066-BB4-D-F776-4658-9349-F30-D0-B9-DA5-BF.jpg

alpha_brit

Reaction score
I installed black lugs nuts and McGard wheel locks this morning.

View attachment 99395
Do you mind sharing which wheel locks those are? Truck might actually be shipping so I'm ordering lugs and wheels locks, don't want to leave it in hotel parking lots on the way home without locks on it.

Edited to add: looks like McGard 24216 M14x1.5 but wanting to confirm before ordering.

Last edited:

WReckeR

Reaction score
Changed out my cloth seats for Katzkin leather today. $1,500 installed. Had neoprene seat covers and my back would be soaked every time I drove anywhere. View attachment 99301 View attachment 99302 View attachment 99303
While I catch a lot of heat for spending so much on my truck, relieving back sweat was a very high priority after 20 years with cloth seats in my Dodge Dakota. As soon as I heard ventilated seats were a thing, I wanted that solution. Then of course that also means you have to upgrade to leather. I needed a big enough back seat for my teen kids, a 6'4" (or whatever, no shorty beds) to haul my motorcycles, 4x4 for our winters, and the ventilated seats. So right away I was already into a pimped out Laramie. All mid-size pickups (Tacoma, Ranger, Colorado) had short beds with their crew cabs. Had to go full size. Had to go trim up to get ventilated leather seats.

Well, now that I have the extra ventilation, I can drive in comfort all summer long. I'm very happy. Sure, I'd've preferred to pay $40K instead of $60K, but...the market is what it is.

Now I just have to worry about whether or not the upcoming electric trucks will lead to low demand and depreciated value for our gas guzzlers. A friend charges his Tesla to 250 mile range overnight, for a cool 25 cents! Sheesh. Filling up my Ram costs $85 (33 gal tank).

Enjoy your seat covers! I hope you're very comfortable now!

brenan00

Reaction score
I had no idea that was the Hawaiian flag. I assumed it was some British commonwealth flag. Now I know!
King Kalakaua designed it, tried to fashion the Hawaiian monarchy after the British.
My daughter swam for the US at a meet in Fiji for oceania all the south pacific/ plus New Zealand and Australia.
All the countries had the union jack in their flag but New Guinea (they speak French). What did they use to say, the sun never sets on the British empire.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
King Kalakaua designed it, tried to fashion the Hawaiian monarchy after the British.
My daughter swam for the US at a meet in Fiji for oceania all the south pacific/ plus New Zealand and Australia.
All the countries had the union jack in their flag but New Guinea (they speak French). What did they use to say, the sun never sets on the British empire.
No the sun never does. The Hawaiian King actually welcomed the flag. The history of Hawai’i and Captain Cook is so interesting too. A lot use the Union Jack, Fiji, the Cook Islands, etc etc.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
While I catch a lot of heat for spending so much on my truck, relieving back sweat was a very high priority after 20 years with cloth seats in my Dodge Dakota. As soon as I heard ventilated seats were a thing, I wanted that solution. Then of course that also means you have to upgrade to leather. I needed a big enough back seat for my teen kids, a 6'4" (or whatever, no shorty beds) to haul my motorcycles, 4x4 for our winters, and the ventilated seats. So right away I was already into a pimped out Laramie. All mid-size pickups (Tacoma, Ranger, Colorado) had short beds with their crew cabs. Had to go full size. Had to go trim up to get ventilated leather seats.

Well, now that I have the extra ventilation, I can drive in comfort all summer long. I'm very happy. Sure, I'd've preferred to pay $40K instead of $60K, but...the market is what it is.

Now I just have to worry about whether or not the upcoming electric trucks will lead to low demand and depreciated value for our gas guzzlers. A friend charges his Tesla to 250 mile range overnight, for a cool 25 cents! Sheesh. Filling up my Ram costs $85 (33 gal tank).

Enjoy your seat covers! I hope you're very comfortable now!

Not to be that guy but there's no way that's true unless he's got a solar system that he's ignoring the equipment cost of. 25 cents of electricity would get you a handful of miles. An overnight charge for my neighbor costs about $10. A helluva improvement, yes. But not $0.25 lol.

Roothog

Reaction score
Do you mind sharing which wheel locks those are? Truck might actually be shipping so I'm ordering lugs and wheels locks, don't want to leave it in hotel parking lots on the way home without locks on it.

Edited to add: looks like McGard 24216 M14x1.5 but wanting to confirm before ordering.
You are correct about the McGard's. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007QB59DY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The lugs were purchased here.

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would like to know this as well since my WT bug protector is sitting in my garage waiting for a sunny day for install.
I believe the one I received was poorly shaped. When/if you put the WT ON, bring your hood down reaaaaaaaaaal sloooowwwwwww, to make sure there is no contact with the pain, especially on the right side, that's where my paint was chipped in two places. Right where the cutouts are made for the bend. Already RMA’d the unit to WT and have an ongoing discussion with one of their PSA folks.

Mr. Grumpy

Reaction score
I believe the one I received was poorly shaped. When/if you put the WT ON, bring your hood down reaaaaaaaaaal sloooowwwwwww, to make sure there is no contact with the pain, especially on the right side, that's where my paint was chipped in two places. Right where the cutouts are made for the bend. Already RMA’d the unit to WT and have an ongoing discussion with one of their PSA folks.
Thanks for the info. In that case, I think I may install a clear protection film on the hood and the top of the grill to protect the paint.

Last edited:

Klicht87

Reaction score
I felt like mine was poorly shaped as well. Tried to return it to CARID but after filing the claim, they never got back to me. I said screw it and will go with something else. I like the MOPAR one but I'm not sure how my night edition glossy grill will go with the satin black bug deflector.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I felt like mine was poorly shaped as well. Tried to return it to CARID but after filing the claim, they never got back to me. I said screw it and will go with something else. I like the MOPAR one but I'm not sure how my night edition glossy grill will go with the satin black bug deflector.
My experience with CARID also was (n):poop:.

Users who are viewing this thread