5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I would think they would make one for the quad cab also as they are very popular around here..

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed my Husky underseat storage unit. It’s cold here so I’m sure when it warms up, it will loosen up. **jhill** ( I dated a girl like that once....lol.)That fits really nice. I assume that if truck has factory optional flip down storage device under seat that this will not fit or does that matter? Also, this storage device might block noise from rear air vents as it puts a double wall of material between back wall of truck and your ears. Nice well designed accessory. View attachment 16599 View attachment 16600 View attachment 16601

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would think they would make one for the quad cab also as they are very popular around here..
Does it fit if truck has factory flip down undersea storage device? Does it block road/exhaust noise further that comes in back air vents? How expensive? Thanks!

PorBoy

Reaction score
I’m not sure as my Ram came with no underseat storage area. The only thing I have is the seats flip up lol..

EJanx07

Reaction score
I had the front windows tinted yesterday to match the rear. Today I washed it up and took some pictures. I am calling this "done" so I figured why not, it will never be this clean again! ;)

View attachment 6201

View attachment 6202

View attachment 6203

View attachment 6204
Nice Looking Truck!
Question: I bought my Big Horn / Lone Star w/ the ORP a month ago.
Yours has LED Headlights.....mine doesn't.... How did you get those? Is there a specific package I missed or were you able to order/build your truck with that option?
I been searching everywhere on this thread trying to figure this out, how I got screwed... (I should of payed closer attention to details when buying, but didn't know there was different headlight packages available. LED vs. my crappy halogen. I like the look much more, than what I have..
Everyone on here (unless I'm missing a few), are saying you cannot put these LED lights/housing on Big Horn's... apparently that's incorrect lol.
I can't even find them through the MOPAR website... They say I'm only able to replace the halogen housings, with a replacement (same exact halogen style housing), and not the LED style housing...
Thanks!

PorBoy

Reaction score
^^^. You can always email them as some sites actually have more then what they list.

PorBoy

Reaction score
As far as the BigHorn led situation, when I built one online, it shows you have an option for led headlights. With that being the case I’m sure they can be swapped into your vehicle but you may want to weigh at what cost...

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice Looking Truck!
Question: I bought my Big Horn / Lone Star w/ the ORP a month ago.
Yours has LED Headlights.....mine doesn't.... How did you get those? Is there a specific package I missed or were you able to order/build your truck with that option?
I been searching everywhere on this thread trying to figure this out, how I got screwed... (I should of payed closer attention to details when buying, but didn't know there was different headlight packages available. LED vs. my crappy halogen. I like the look much more, than what I have..
Everyone on here (unless I'm missing a few), are saying you cannot put these LED lights/housing on Big Horn's... apparently that's incorrect lol.
I can't even find them through the MOPAR website... They say I'm only able to replace the halogen housings, with a replacement (same exact halogen style housing), and not the LED style housing...
Thanks!

Thank you. The LEDs are a separate line item you can select with the online build configuration as well as when ordering.

I got REALLY lucky. I actually built and ordered a truck where the dealer said no obligation to me. I changed my mind a few days later and wanted the Off Road Group. After some exhaustive searching, I found 3-4 trucks within a hundred miles configured exactly how I wanted. This one also had blind side and the under seat storage but I was able to get them to meet my “ordered” deal price.

TVANVA

Reaction score
Yes, LED (actually called the "Premium Lighting Group") was an option on the Big Horn, but not cheap! As in $995.

In theory, you can replace the halogens with LED, but the parts cost even more than the option at build time. They are also NOT plug and play, so you have some engineering and wiring headaches to boot. You can search for other discussions on this forum, but i have not seen a post with a step-by-step on a completed replacement.

IMHO, you might want to wait until the aftermarket catches up and starts producing third party replacements. Wait for a post by an early adopter to say "hey, this really does work", then Mod On.

CMags

Reaction score
Today.... Brought my 4-day old truck back to the dealer for the 4th time in as many days for "recalls".
Turns out they cant sell a truck with an open recall, and instead of doing the 2 recalls for PS and brake pedal they did the PS one 2 times...
Oh an on the 2nd visit they manage to dent the truck, so another service apt. in 2 weeks for them to pop the dent...

Not a great start, heh.

PorBoy

Reaction score
Darn we New Jersey people can not get a break with our dealerships sadly....l

Yog

Reaction score
Installed my Undercover Ultra Flex tonneau cover along with the Bedslide 1000 Black Edition. Love the Bedslide already.
0220191710b_HDR.jpg 0220191711_HDR.jpg 0220191711b_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• 0220191710b_HDR.jpg
    0220191710b_HDR.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 226
  • 0220191711_HDR.jpg
    0220191711_HDR.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 216
  • 0220191711b_HDR.jpg
    0220191711b_HDR.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 197

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow!!

The bedslide looks great. I have seen them on fifthwheels motorhomes in the under belly and they make it all easily accessible. You lose a little weight but the reality is if you are putting taller stuff in the back, you probably have to open the cover anyway. I pack my bed with 2 generators, burn barrels and firewood and gas for camping so this may be a great add-on.

How much was it?
Where did you get it?
Did you install it?
Easy job?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread