5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
I’m 40 miles away in Montrose, CO. Holler if I can help in any way! (There’s a dealer here too and one in Grand Junction)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks StraighArrow....that's awesome of you to offer some help!

I am waiting on FCA Roadside Assistance to come try and give me a jump. If it does, I may drive up to Ridgeway as they have a battery there that I can purchase so I don't have to worry about being stuck again and/or on the way back home to Albuquerque. We are going to be staying in Ouray until Monday. Hopefully, the tech can start the truck. If not, I will need to have it towed to the Ram dealership in Montrose which sucks as I will then need to rent a car to get back home and then drive back up to Montrose from Albuquerque to pick it up.

I'll post up on what the situation is looking like...thanks again! :)

jefferyrw

Reaction score

I am waiting on FCA Roadside Assistance to come try and give me a jump. If it does, I may drive up to Ridgeway as they have a battery there that I can purchase so I don't have to worry about being stuck again and/or on the way back home to Albuquerque. We are going to be staying in Ouray until Monday. Hopefully, the tech can start the truck. If not, I will need to have it towed to the Ram dealership in Montrose which sucks as I will then need to rent a car to get back home and then drive back up to Montrose from Albuquerque to pick it up.

I hope that you got your truck running again...More that I hope that they figure out why it ate a battery. Not good being stranded, I know from recent personal experience. It was not my yet to be built Ram 1500 but stranded none the less.

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
I hope that you got your truck running again...More that I hope that they figure out why it ate a battery. Not good being stranded, I know from recent personal experience. It was not my yet to be built Ram 1500 but stranded none the less.
Thanks!

I had to wait a bit but finally got some service out of Montrose. Got the truck started again with all sorts of engine lights. Was able to get all cleared except the check engine light. Drove to Montrose and picked up a new battery for insurance. Restarted the truck a couple times with exisitng battery and started each time with engine light clearing. But now don't have rear camera working...lol. Go Fgure!

Edit: Rear camera now working...lol.

Last edited:

jefferyrw

Reaction score
Thanks!

I had to wair a bit but finally got some service out of Montrose. Got the truck started again with all sorts of engine lights. Was able to get all cleared except the check engine light. Drove to Montrose and picked up a new battery for insurance. Restarted the truck a couple times with exisitng battery and staretd each time with engine light clearing. But no don't have rear camera working...lol. Go Fgure!
I am glad it is working out for you...you must find out what the underlying cause is.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Dude, just buy a battery. You're allowed. No one in the podunk town you are in has a battery?

Moosefire66

Reaction score
Dude, just buy a battery. You're allowed. No one in the podunk town you are in has a battery?
Well, a couple things come to my mind. Sure he could absolutely buy a battery. That doesn't solve the mystery of why the other one went bad though. Also, that battery is replaceable under a free replacement warranty. Thirdly, I dont know if he has etorque, but doesn't those batteries cost thousands to replace, or was that just a rumor...

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Not in NorCal man. I’ve seen level and sky high/cencal lifts but not that squat stuff man. Don’t make us responsible for that too man. I’ve never liked the cencal style either.

hahaha sincerest apologies brother. cali produces cool trends, sometimes. i feel like the prerunner style is an LA thing. i love that look.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
I’m 40 miles away in Montrose, CO. Holler if I can help in any way! (There’s a dealer here too and one in Grand Junction)

Just a shoutout to @StraightArrow again to say thank you for the offer to help out! I was able to get the service jumpstart to work so drove up and bought a new battery at O'Reilly Auto Parts in Montrose. I still have not installed the battery as everything eventually went back to normal after multiple starts but at least I have a replacement battery in case I get stuck tomorrow (going out to Engineer Pass) or during the ride back home!

I am glad it is working out for you...you must find out what the underlying cause is.

Thanks! So far, so good although I am showing lower voltage readings than the normal 14.1V (had dropped to 13.8-13.9V but now reading 13.4-13.5V when running).

I have purchased over 75 cars in my days and most were brand spanking new. This is first time ever that I got stranded with basically a brand new vehicle. I only have 6400 miles on the odometer but already have an appointment to also take in for a some very loud squeaking noises coming from rear (not brakes) and my passenger seat rattles insanely too. I have had older Rams in the past with not an issue, but getting more convinced the new Gen not quite figure out yet.

I did buy one but had to drive 40 miles out to get one. But I am happy they had some in stock. The old battery is still working but will have see how things go after it sits all night. If I don't have to install the new one, I can return to the O'Reilly's Auto Parts store back home.

Well, a couple things come to my mind. Sure he could absolutely buy a battery. That doesn't solve the mystery of why the other one went bad though. Also, that battery is replaceable under a free replacement warranty. Thirdly, I dont know if he has etorque, but doesn't those batteries cost thousands to replace, or was that just a rumor...

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

For sure I am still taking the Ram into the dealership when I get home; I definitely want to know what happened so I don't have to worry about something like this hapeening again. I don't have the e-Torque engine thank goodness. I am still up here in Colorado mountains for a few days so will see if things work out but at least I have a replacement battery with me now!

So after wasting a day dealing with a dead battery in the Ram, finally got some dinner and brews on the rooftop of Ouray Brewery which made everything better....lol.

Last edited:

dearchristopher

Reaction score
ive been appreciating how far the truck has come after i got the tires put on today. i remember telling my wife and a few buddies i was going to keep this truck “as stock as possible”.

i have a problem.

68a61792931f24772967225a9b3f7009.jpg

4891881aaa76fe11f1d42a8127855cf5.jpg

7b1bc8eb20237a89aa07b38a7fd39b60.jpg

1f9f2574771f8b00524fb974cc906c99.jpg

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
ive been appreciating how far the truck has come after i got the tires put on today. i remember telling my wife and a few buddies i was going to keep this truck “as stock as possible”.

i have a problem.

68a61792931f24772967225a9b3f7009.jpg

Yep; no going back now...lol. Looks good!

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Added some vinyl decals to the front grill today. The BTS grey is hard to match. Hope these look ok, I’ll make my final decision once they fully adhere.

that looks great! i just put my texas flag version of these on my truck today. how did yours adhere?

Rjshoaff1

Reaction score
that looks great! i just put my texas flag version of these on my truck today. how did yours adhere?

Pretty good! Wasn’t to hard, I didn’t download the instructions. I just did it like other vinyls I have done before. How did the texas flag turn out? If I lived in texas… I’d proudly put that flag there!

Users who are viewing this thread