5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed a set of 5 inch Mopar polished exhaust tips. I prefer shiny tips, and was happy I got these for a decent price, but of course shipping was ridiculous. First part that was cheaper on line then from my dealer parts dept. Looks cool, but driver side sits just a tad further out than passenger. Anyone experience this offset with these OEM tips, or any tips in general? My OCD is being tested with the slight difference....grrrr....🤦‍♂️

If i have time this afternoon, will tackle the Flowmaster FlowX dfit muffler install...gotta go grocery shopping first!
I installed the black 5" Mopar tips and had the same experience with the offset on the driver side and passenger being different. I actually want the passenger tip to be in the same position as the driver side. :unsure:

jefferyrw

Reaction score
Made the plunge on the AC hack. Even having a 2021, and full ceramic tint on ALL windows, the ac was blowing full speed for more than 40 minutes just to get down to 72 degrees.
Initial readings show a 10 degree drop with the valve partially open.

View attachment 98395
I see in your signature that you have a BakFlip MX4, I am looking at putting one on my 2021 Laramie when it arrives. How do you like yours? Does anyone else have experience the the MX4?

Last edited:

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
got some beach time in with my wife and newborn daughter. didn’t really leave the truck, just drove around a bit. 4wd auto was flawless in the really soft sand. had to help a guy get unstuck, and then drove for a bit. great day.

even randomly saw my old 4th gen and met the girl who owns it now. got to talk with her about all the mods i did to the truck. was really cool getting to talk about all the hard work i did on that truck.

e1a8273caf044d7117839e94b35e751d.jpg

e527508893c97a18d3f26403fb22055c.jpg

268b357df13bb5ad357ca2a120560e6d.jpg
What wheels and tires are those? looks good!

Klicht87

Reaction score
I see in your signature that you have a BakFlip MX4, I am looking at putting one on my 2021 Laramie when it arrives. How do you like yours? Does anyone else have experience the the MX4?
I had it on my 2018 Colorado and although I didn't hate it, I didn't think it was worth the money. It leaked and did fold over the tailgate enough to provide a good enough seal. Not sure how it is on the RAM but i won't purchase one for another vehicle. I wanted a cover that was smooth with the bedline because the rails were inside the bedsides but I will always go with a top mounted cover. I have the MOPAR factory installed trifold now and I really like it.

Yangster

Reaction score
Installed a set of 5 inch Mopar polished exhaust tips. I prefer shiny tips, and was happy I got these for a decent price, but of course shipping was ridiculous. First part that was cheaper on line then from my dealer parts dept. Looks cool, but driver side sits just a tad further out than passenger. Anyone experience this offset with these OEM tips, or any tips in general? My OCD is being tested with the slight difference....grrrr....🤦‍♂️

If i have time this afternoon, will tackle the Flowmaster FlowX dfit muffler install...gotta go grocery shopping first!
They look great! Who did you order them from?

jefferyrw

Reaction score
I had it on my 2018 Colorado and although I didn't hate it, I didn't think it was worth the money. It leaked and did fold over the tailgate enough to provide a good enough seal. Not sure how it is on the RAM but i won't purchase one for another vehicle. I wanted a cover that was smooth with the bedline because the rails were inside the bedsides but I will always go with a top mounted cover. I have the MOPAR factory installed trifold now and I really like it.
Thanks for your thoughts on the @Klicht87, I may need to rethink my selection. When did you purchase your MX4? Perhaps they have improved the seals and the fit.

@edrclark I see you are just north of us (we are in Corvallis). Do you like your BakFlip MX4 on your 2020?

Last edited:

1awesomelaw

Reaction score

Klicht87

Reaction score
Thanks for your thoughts on the @Klicht87, I may need to rethink my selection. When did you purchase your MX4? Perhaps they have improved the seals and the fit.
Again it was for a Chevy Colorado but the design is the same and seemed to have the updated hardware from previous threads. I had it last year. It has plastic caps at the end of the bed rails at the tailgate end and they didn't stay on. The rails had a water channel and hoses that drained through a hold at the front of the bed between the cab. I did like how it flipped up against the window to maximize bedspace but it was also around $900 and will never do that again.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Finished my over tonneau bike rack. 4 Swagman upright bike racks on custom unistrut bed rails (need to paint the uppers still), and free 1.75x1.75" recycled square galvanized sign post. No wiggle, very solid. View attachment 98411 View attachment 98412 View attachment 98413 View attachment 98414
Lol, you're gonna be mad about this comment, but I can't help myself...

You know, underneath that tonneau cover, there's a big space called a "bed" - that would be a perfect place to put all those bikes!

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Top mount covers hold out water the best in my experience.

Otisporkchop

Reaction score
Installed the hellwig 7709, I have to admit I was skeptical of the improvement even with all the positive post about it. Really how much improvement could a new bar make. Well I’m impressed it does exactly what people have posted. Feels more planted and reduced body roll I couldn’t be happier the icing on the cake 🍰 is I got it for $121.00

Idaho970

Reaction score
Looks like others have weighed in on their thoughts, but I absolutely love it. I haven’t had any leaking issues. Is it 100% waterproof? No. Does it keep it dry enough for what I use it for? Absolutely. If you need a truly waterproof cover then yes you might want to look elsewhere. Main thing I wanted was the ability to still use 98% of my bed with it folded up against the cab. I think it was worth every penny personally.

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
3D7872A4-9517-4FBE-9EA7-00F11B98C969.jpeg E50E39C9-C27A-4BC3-AFE0-5AB30B147954.jpeg
Installed the hellwig 7709, I have to admit I was skeptical of the improvement even with all the positive post about it. Really how much improvement could a new bar make. Well I’m impressed it does exactly what people have posted. Feels more planted and reduced body roll I couldn’t be happier the icing on the cake 🍰 is I got it for $121.00
Mine due in tomorrow.

jefferyrw

Reaction score
Looks like others have weighed in on their thoughts, but I absolutely love it. I haven’t had any leaking issues. Is it 100% waterproof? No. Does it keep it dry enough for what I use it for? Absolutely. If you need a truly waterproof cover then yes you might want to look elsewhere. Main thing I wanted was the ability to still use 98% of my bed with it folded up against the cab. I think it was worth every penny personally.
Given your experience, I will likely go with the MX4. Thanks man.

Users who are viewing this thread