5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

K_Hub

Reaction score
Are those the newfangled sleeve solder joints I see on Facebook ? You just heat them up and they solder AND shrink? Can you get them locally?

I do regular wiring on machinery and have switched 100% to using the non crimp soldered heat shrink butt connectors. I was super apprehensive when I first got them but spliced a 14 gauge wire, twisted the ends, put the connector in place and shrank it down then hung it in my shop with a 25 lb weight hanging from it. After watching it dangle for 3 days without giving at all I put them to use and will probably never go back to the crimped connectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zeeya

Reaction score

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That is the company I ordered mine from.. All fit well, except the cupholders in the back arm rest. They were slightly to big. Company contacted me and said they were going to send me 2 that were made for the smaller cup holders. Quick response.. I give them that..
Let me know if you receive those smaller cup liners. I've been in communication with that same company, and the person, though nice, can't seem to understand that I just need smaller ones. The email I received last night: "I am sorry I have not been able to resolve your issue. Please know that I am sending this and all communication to my manager to help you resolve the problem." :rolleyes:

WReckeR

Reaction score
Had my daughter drive the Ram again, this time on the interstate. My wife has been all about delicate side streets in the Subaru. Screw that, I made her deal with major construction zones in the Ram. She did just fine. My kids have more hours driving the Ram than my wife does. I let my 12 yr old son drive it in Maui last summer. With Covid we had scary movie zero traffic so what bad could he do?
What does one with a wife and two kids do in order to live in Maui?

DanD

Reaction score
So I added some white LEDs to the Courtesy light wire using a relay back to the battery to add some more "Oomph" to the puddle lights and to give the floor boards some lighting coverage in the cab . 2 on either side of the second row, one under each front seat, 2 under the front doors, 2 on the rear quarters and 2 on the back under the license plate for additional "back-up lights using Feniex T3 Perimeter Mount LEDs...

Then I did some ground effects in green using Feniex Fusion Surface Mount LEDs wired with a relay to the extra jumper in the fuse box for accessories running while the engine is running, and switched from the cab.

Boards are a trial of the Onine 6Inch running boards...

Have also recently done MaxAmp Mobile 5band cellular booster, K&N Cold Air Intake, Weather Tech Floor liners, Ceramic Tint everywhere, and Im liking the Truxedo Duece Tonneau cover with dual entry from the rear or right at the back of the cab.
I like the added lights to luminate the running boards. where did you mount them?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That is the company I ordered mine from.. All fit well, except the cupholders in the back arm rest. They were slightly to big. Company contacted me and said they were going to send me 2 that were made for the smaller cup holders. Quick response.. I give them that..
I have same issue. Haven't reached out though. Probably should. Not totally enthused with the fit of many of the pieces. Plus the crappy instructions.

Chuck19

Reaction score
Installed this mount on the dash cubby and centered the radar with the 12” display. It’s perfect and looks much better than hanging from the rear view or a suction cup on the window. I do have to put the rubber tray back in though.
You have a link to the mount and radar?

harshsb

Reaction score

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Looks like they might have figured it out. Did you receive yours yet?
"Sorry we just discovered (in the last day or so) in this trim and the Rebel the back seat cup holders are like the quad cab in the crew cab. I can send you the liners for the back seat."

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Okay, I think I'm going nuts 😄 I just went on a shopping spree.

I just purchased the following items:
1) Running Board
2) Weather Tech - FloorLiner
3) CURT - Class 5 Trailer Hitch
4) Mopar - Remote Start
5) Timbren Suspension Enhancing System (SES)

Now I'm thinking about what else can I do on the truck that will improve the ride quality, towing, and of course the value? :)
That's a pretty good list for one night of shopping, well done sir. FYI I had the timbren SES for towing and they rode very harsh when hitting any kind of bump so I switched to sumo springs (link below) and the ride is way better. Your towing experience should be better either way. As someone else already stated, get the hellwig sway bar and it will also improve your driving/towing experience.

harshsb

Reaction score
That's a pretty good list for one night of shopping, well done sir. FYI I had the timbren SES for towing and they rode very harsh when hitting any kind of bump so I switched to sumo springs (link below) and the ride is way better. Your towing experience should be better either way. As someone else already stated, get the hellwig sway bar and it will also improve your driving/towing experience.

I was wondering why it was riding very harshly on the bumps, I just assumed that was the compromise I would have to make. I'm going to order the Sumo springs and hopefully, that will be a smoother ride. :) Thank you Jeffjad.

Thank you Snofire for recommending the sway bar, I'll be ordering that too soon.

Two new upgrades on my wish list now. :)

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was wondering why it was riding very harshly on the bumps, I just assumed that was the compromise I would have to make. I'm going to order the Sumo springs and hopefully, that will be a smoother ride. :) Thank you Jeffjad.

Thank you Snofire for recommending the sway bar, I'll be ordering that too soon.

Two new upgrades on my wish list now. :)
Just a heads up, the sumo springs can be a little difficult to install just because of the mounting bolt locations.

Last edited:

WReckeR

Reaction score

1) Running Board
4) Mopar - Remote Start

Now I'm thinking about what else can I do on the truck that will improve the ride quality, towing, and of course the value? :)
I don't see mud guards to keep your running boards, door sills and rear corners and fender cleaner and less nicked.

Many 5th gen buyers like the Pedal Commander for different throttle response profiles.

If you have a backup camera, you can add LED lighting in the rear for better camera illumination at night.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score

1) Running Board
4) Mopar - Remote Start

I started just after I ordered the Truck. Right now, everything planned and
what I am working on is an additional $7500. I still have to add the GDE
Gen3 Ecodiesel Tune @ $1300. Welcome to the Club.

Malodave

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I keep seeing the recommendation for the Hellwig sway bar. I feel the truck handles fine as is, but now I am very curious as to the difference this will make.

WReckeR

Reaction score
I keep seeing the recommendation for the Hellwig sway bar. I feel the truck handles fine as is, but now I am very curious as to the difference this will make.
Most testimonials report that driving in a straight direction remains comfortable, while cornering results in noticeably less body roll. The sway bar has 3 positions so you have some choice on the degree of stiffness you prefer.

The price of the bar is under $270, which I think is very reasonable for the above advantages. When I enter the interstate from a circular ramp, or I travel around any of our local roundabouts, I definitely notice body roll that I'd love to dial back. So the Hellwig is a top 5 mod for me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread