5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

86grand

Reaction score
Everyone does. The short beds are just silly. I mean, 6-1/2 ft USED TO BE the short bed! 8 ft was standard. I don't get it. And folks get pissed when you ask them about it. Room enough for 2 bags of mulch and a tray of flowers.
Yep, these beds are about the same as my wrangler if the seat was down. Last time i went to get lumber, i took the Hyundai and popped one of the seats down so i could keep everything secure at the next stop

86grand

Reaction score
Are those the newfangled sleeve solder joints I see on Facebook ? You just heat them up and they solder AND shrink? Can you get them locally?
If you look them up, they are environmental splices or I think I've seen them listed as solder sleeves. You are supposed to use a heat gun (HT-900), but a bic works better. I used them on aircraft for 20+ years

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Installed the carpeted mats I bought from a fellow forum member, while I soak my salt-encrusted all weather mats. Also installed some liner inserts I bought from Amazon. I think they add some visual interest to the interior without looking gaudy

Attachments

• 782E7ED7-D520-4A53-8C73-39DB1F2609E2.jpeg
    782E7ED7-D520-4A53-8C73-39DB1F2609E2.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 213
  • C8751E39-ECB4-4008-BB2E-6F254DEE036C.jpeg
    C8751E39-ECB4-4008-BB2E-6F254DEE036C.jpeg
    116.3 KB · Views: 213
  • 967046F0-B9FF-4A57-876B-4BCE418E4DBC.jpeg
    967046F0-B9FF-4A57-876B-4BCE418E4DBC.jpeg
    133.3 KB · Views: 213

HEMITKN

Reaction score
What I did...Picked the truck up at the dealer, installed the Bakflip X4, a Bedrug, and the posts to use the bed divider as a bed extender. I think that's enough for today.
View attachment 84034
Making me miss my RAM box system already. Am excited about the MFT though. Nice ride indeed!

Attachments

• thumbnail_20180707_162846.jpg
    thumbnail_20180707_162846.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 135

DanoUF

Reaction score
Making me miss my RAM box system already. Am excited about the MFT though. Nice ride indeed!
I just designed a divider for the RAMbox, and am printing out a fitment prototype/cutting template. It takes forever to 3d print these things, but w/ the template I can get some UHMW or Phenolic sheets and cut then w/ the router.

BrickWurX

Reaction score
Argh! I can’t stand the chrome in my Laramie! How did you black everything out? Wrap it? Did you pay to have it done or tackle that on your own?

Looks great. Really nicely done.
I "murdered out" the interior own my own (I've worked in automotive paints as a hobby for years). I took apart what could be dissembled via screws or tabs, prepped and painted those parts with House of Kolor BC25 Black & clear coated them. Some parts are easier than others to disassemble (center console side bits, doors, and air vent trim pieces). Some parts are not as easy (radio bezel is not screwed together but fusion welded), so I taped those off and prepped as best I could. Also, some plastics are not great for holding paint (many have petroleum in them), such as the speaker grill panel covers. I wrapped the items I was concerned about with Vivvid Ultra gloss black (door handle covers [yes they are covers on the interior handles], speaker grill, and a few of the knob trim rings on the radio).

It would be very time consuming and expensive to pay someone to paint it all in one shot. Still time consuming to do it on your own, but if you staged it out like I have, not so bad. I'm not great with vinyl wrapping personally. Fairly new to it. I could see where a pro may be able to wrap all of it for a reasonable price without any real disassembly. The new Vivvid material is extremely versatile.

I purchased a pre cut vinyl trim kit from R-dash for about 65 bucks that is suposed to cover all of the silver with your choice of vinyl color. While this kit may be OK for some, if found it difficult to work with, very delicate, and no mater how I applied it, it never covered all of the silver properly. So a no go and waist of money for me. (It would be a decent option if the interior trim was a darker color).

BrickWurX

Reaction score
What kind of stogies you cutting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a mixed bag for smokes depending on my mood. As you can tell by the gear in my box (the cutter is great, lighter sucks), I used to be a dedicated Romeo+Julieta guy. They still have a few decent sticks, just fewer and father between, and not really what they used to be.

Currently I have a handful or so of the following:

Padron Series 1926 – 80 years
La Aurora Preferidos Platinum Cameroon #1 5
Oliva Series V Special Figurado
Some R+J, Punch, and odds and ends collected here and there.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm a mixed bag for smokes depending on my mood. As you can tell by the gear in my box (the cutter is great, lighter sucks), I used to be a dedicated Romeo+Julieta guy. They still have a few decent sticks, just fewer and father between, and not really what they used to be.

Currently I have a handful or so of the following:

Padron Series 1926 – 80 years
La Aurora Preferidos Platinum Cameroon #1 5
Oliva Series V Special Figurado
Some R+J, Punch, and odds and ends collected here and there.

Solid choices. I’ve been big fans of the Padrons and Olives for a long time. Quality sticks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed the carpeted mats I bought from a fellow forum member, while I soak my salt-encrusted all weather mats. Also installed some liner inserts I bought from Amazon. I think they add some visual interest to the interior without looking gaudy
How are those drop in liners? Amazon ones right? I’m thinking of ordering a set.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
How are those drop in liners? Amazon ones right? I’m thinking of ordering a set.
Yes, CupHolderHero on Amazon. Good set, fits multiple trim levels so depending on what you have you may have more than a few left over. Only issue I had is the rear seat cup liners they sent are too big. I never realized the rear cupholders were smaller than the rest until now. Working with the seller to see if they have a smaller size, or if they discovered the size difference along with me :)

championprops

Reaction score
Ordered my Big Horn night edition Jan 18th from Mark Dodge, arrived at dealership yesterday.. Paid approx 12k under MSRP. Having it shipped this week. Aaron has been my contact at the dealership. Highly recommend, totally painless and hassle free. Awesome experiernce.

kkniskern

Reaction score
So I added some white LEDs to the Courtesy light wire using a relay back to the battery to add some more "Oomph" to the puddle lights and to give the floor boards some lighting coverage in the cab . 2 on either side of the second row, one under each front seat, 2 under the front doors, 2 on the rear quarters and 2 on the back under the license plate for additional "back-up lights using Feniex T3 Perimeter Mount LEDs...

Then I did some ground effects in green using Feniex Fusion Surface Mount LEDs wired with a relay to the extra jumper in the fuse box for accessories running while the engine is running, and switched from the cab.

Boards are a trial of the Onine 6Inch running boards...

Have also recently done MaxAmp Mobile 5band cellular booster, K&N Cold Air Intake, Weather Tech Floor liners, Ceramic Tint everywhere, and Im liking the Truxedo Duece Tonneau cover with dual entry from the rear or right at the back of the cab.

Attachments

• IMG_0983.jpeg
    IMG_0983.jpeg
    148.5 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0984.jpeg
    IMG_0984.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 150

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, CupHolderHero on Amazon. Good set, fits multiple trim levels so depending on what you have you may have more than a few left over. Only issue I had is the rear seat cup liners they sent are too big. I never realized the rear cupholders were smaller than the rest until now. Working with the seller to see if they have a smaller size, or if they discovered the size difference along with me :)
Let me know what you hear, as I have same issue with rear seat cup holders.

Toolbox

Reaction score
Ya keep me posted. I noticed this right on the install. I park with the gate slightly lower than the cab and water is always dripping by the gate. I wound up taking some foam and caulk and filling it but only slows the drip.

Users who are viewing this thread