5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

PaulieWalnutz

Reaction score
I installed this cover last week and have been trying to t it as water tight as possible. Added weatherstripping in the 1" Gap at tailgate a d that's working pretty good. Latest rain storm I went out and had alot of water dumping out the rails at the back of the truck as my truck was parked in the driveway and sloped to rear. The drains they provide are for the front near the cab. After researching it seems they used to provide these for the rear. I emailed them to see if they still carry the part

Attachments

• 603479DF-7573-4C08-AA59-41545425FC5A.jpeg
    603479DF-7573-4C08-AA59-41545425FC5A.jpeg
    179.5 KB · Views: 211
  • AFDC9C03-B3E3-4FB5-9D97-F21C3160415C.jpeg
    AFDC9C03-B3E3-4FB5-9D97-F21C3160415C.jpeg
    126.7 KB · Views: 212

HeavyRotation

Reaction score
Installed my Helwig sway bar. Twice lol. Dyslexia sucks, put it on upside down, stared at it for a minute lying on my creeper, then flipped it! Luckily it's super easy. Put it on the tightest setting, definitely felt nicely snubbed down on my little handling test loop. Didn't seem to hurt the damping at all.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any interference with your tailgate going down?

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X606F using Tapatalk
I rolled the bottom 1/4” of my license plate behind itself. It would have hit the tailgate otherwise.

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Replaced my Mopar tri fold hard tonneau top with a BakFlip MX4 tri fold hard tonneau top due to hail damag.

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have the rear lowered as well on my 2019 Billet Silver QC! Just placed an order though on basically the exact same identical truck I have except crew cab with the 6'4" bed! The car seats and clients just were not working working well in the smaller backseat of the QC. Other than that I Love my QC!
Basically same reason I traded. my 2019 Ram Laramie for the Limited crew cab-Love the space.

Chuck19

Reaction score
Basically same reason I traded. my 2019 Ram Laramie for the Limited crew cab-Love the space.
Yeah I am looking forward to the space and so is the family and the clients I haul around in the back from time to time. My wife seriously couldnt believe how much room the 2nd rows have in the crewcabs

BrickWurX

Reaction score
I didn’t want to invest in a console safe that technically uses the factory plastic sides and floor to protect my valuables (and I'm cheap). So I installed a portable electronic safe box with a cable.

I removed the console bolts/screws to slide it back for access, drilled a hole in that odd extra pocket at the base, then ran the cable looping it through the metal frame in the dash. Not a perfect solution, but it is removable for travel, and cost me less than a $50 bucks.

IMG_0438.JPG
IMG_0439.JPG

I have also been working on templates for the vinyl cutter so I can add some door sill protection (still need to tweak the design a bit).

IMG_0449.JPG
IMG_0448.JPG

Still working on the entire silver interior delete thing, with black contrast finishes. Got the doors almost done, rails, handles, and switch boxes. I’m thinking about adding a gloss black trim ring around the speakers to balance out the look. That turned out really nice on the dash speaker grills.
IMG_0433.JPG
IMG_0428.JPG
IMG_0434.JPG

I also cut and added some foam panels to the upper armrest to help secure stuff from sliding around ( was driving me nuts!).
IMG_0437.JPG

If anyone knows how to remove the upper glove box, please let me know. I haven’t started on it yet, but I’m guessing the dash and lower box have to be removed to gain access.

Attachments

• IMG_0433.JPG
    IMG_0433.JPG
    198.7 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn’t want to invest in a console safe that technically uses the factory plastic sides and floor to protect my valuables (and I'm cheap). So I installed a portable electronic safe box with a cable.

I removed the console bolts/screws to slide it back for access, drilled a hole in that odd extra pocket at the base, then ran the cable looping it through the metal frame in the dash. Not a perfect solution, but it is removable for travel, and cost me less than a $50 bucks.

View attachment 84167
View attachment 84168

I have also been working on templates for the vinyl cutter so I can add some door sill protection (still need to tweak the design a bit).

View attachment 84169
View attachment 84170

Still working on the entire silver interior delete thing, with black contrast finishes. Got the doors almost done, rails, handles, and switch boxes. I’m thinking about adding a gloss black trim ring around the speakers to balance out the look. That turned out really nice on the dash speaker grills.
View attachment 84171
View attachment 84173
View attachment 84174

I also cut and added some foam panels to the upper armrest to help secure stuff from sliding around ( was driving me nuts!).
View attachment 84175

If anyone knows how to remove the upper glove box, please let me know. I haven’t started on it yet, but I’m guessing the dash and lower box have to be removed to gain access.

Argh! I can’t stand the chrome in my Laramie! How did you black everything out? Wrap it? Did you pay to have it done or tackle that on your own?

Looks great. Really nicely done.

DeepH2ODriller

Reaction score
Argh! I can’t stand the chrome in my Laramie! How did you black everything out? Wrap it? Did you pay to have it done or tackle that on your own?

Looks great. Really nicely done.

I’m thinking same thing, haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 84167
View attachment 84168

View attachment 84169
View attachment 84170

View attachment 84171
View attachment 84173
View attachment 84174

View attachment 84175

What kind of stogies you cutting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread