5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

davidn0021

Reaction score
Entire front end was done in PPF last week.

$800 for 5 year ceramic.

Damn. How much was the PPF? I currently have a quote for $3200 for full PPF on front (bumper, full fender, mirrors, pillars, roof, full hood, door handles), full ceramic w/ 5 yr, and window tints for all windows. No polish included prior to install so I would need it detailed elsewhere or pay an extra $500 or so for polish. Not sure if I'm overpaying, but I feel like I am. Another place quoted me $4500 for PPF fronts, polish and ceramic only.

AK103

Reaction score
Damn. How much was the PPF? I currently have a quote for $3200 for full PPF on front (bumper, full fender, mirrors, pillars, roof, full hood, door handles), full ceramic w/ 5 yr, and window tints for all windows. No polish included prior to install so I would need it detailed elsewhere or pay an extra $500 or so for polish. Not sure if I'm overpaying, but I feel like I am. Another place quoted me $4500 for PPF fronts, polish and ceramic only.

PPF was $1800 with best ceramic tints with highest heat reduction on front two windows.

PPF is entire hood, entire fenders, entire bumper, pillars, about 12 inch depth piece on the roof)

The ceramic included decontamination and detail - You gotta detail the car literally right before you apply ceramic (ideally inside), otherwise any dust/debris will be sealed underneath it.

Two different places did PPF and ceramic.

Smerberj

Reaction score
I removed my restrictive flowmaster aka chokemaster muffler and replaced it with a magnaflow straight through muffler. Truck runs WAY better imo.

Grouper

Reaction score
Are you sticking with the black overlays on the sport hood? I was wondering if you could do a closer picture of that as I’m leaving that way more than replacing the entire thing. Looks good!

I ordered the factory black bezel (68402889AB).

Requested pics:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

davidn0021

Reaction score
PPF was $1800 with best ceramic tints with highest heat reduction on front two windows.

PPF is entire hood, entire fenders, entire bumper, pillars, about 12 inch depth piece on the roof)

The ceramic included decontamination and detail - You gotta detail the car literally right before you apply ceramic (ideally inside), otherwise any dust/debris will be sealed underneath it.

Two different places did PPF and ceramic.

Sounds to me like I am paying a $600 premium for living in Southern California.... I feel like I'm going to be forced to do a polish which means an additional $500. I need to move.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Now that explains a lot...Southern CA :ROFLMAO:

Here in N. FL, you can get your front bumper, quarter panels, headlights, mirror caps, full hood, door handle cups, door edge guards, A-pillars and roof forward of the pano for between $1200-$1500 with Xpel.

I paid $1700 in North Dallas, full hood, bumper headlights, front fenders and flares, roof between windshield and pano, door handle pockets, door edges, b-pillars and a strip on the top edge of the tailgate where your fingers touch to close it.
LLumar Platinum

BowDown

Reaction score
Sounds to me like I am paying a $600 premium for living in Southern California.... I feel like I'm going to be forced to do a polish which means an additional $500. I need to move.

No way I'd install PPF over un corrected paint.
I did mine the week before PPF was installed then ceramic coated it myself

20200801_200846.jpg

20200801_200852.jpg

20200802_101825.jpg

20200802_101901.jpg

20200802_104314.jpg

Last edited:

davidn0021

Reaction score

GraniteRam

Reaction score
You cermaic coated it prior to PPF? I thought PPF needed to lay down first, then ceramic on top? Truck looks good though! I don't have the time to polish and prep it myself, unfortunately.
He corrected the paint and then had PPF installed. He then ceramic coated it afterwards.

BowDown

Reaction score
You cermaic coated it prior to PPF? I thought PPF needed to lay down first, then ceramic on top? Truck looks good though! I don't have the time to polish and prep it myself, unfortunately.

No, paint corrected then PPF then ceramic coated.
Paint correction only took a day, Sunday.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed the B2 oval muffler. The ‘21 doesn’t have the reso in front of the muffler so I’m curious to see how it is on the highway compared to the ‘20 before I do anything to the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread