5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

T West

Reaction score
Done a few things to the Ram over the past couple months. Figured I'd drop them here.

So last post was the upgraded 22" XD wheels. Didn't care to much for the factory 22inch "premiums"
1. Did a full chrome delete.
- Sand blasted the grille and did a paint match.
- Ordered the matte RAM decals from dodge and replaced the chrome ones
- 3M Satin Vinyl wrap on the Limited strip (didnt sell it matte)
- 3M Satin Vinyl on the door handles and mirrors
2. Added a Backflip bed cover. Best investment so far.

Let me know what yall think. Added some before (first 2 pics) and afters.

Attachments

• IMG_0523.jpg
    IMG_0523.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_0524.jpg
    IMG_0524.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_0592.jpg
    IMG_0592.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_0593.jpg
    IMG_0593.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_0562.jpg
    IMG_0562.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_0550.jpg
    IMG_0550.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 294

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
f19b58afe7f1fe2bc23f4074eccbbc5b.jpg

First Krown appointment

Reactions: Axe

JK47TheWeapon

Reaction score
After having them for almost a year in my garage, I finally had time today to replace out the chrome mirror covers with color matched metallic black.

I used the suction cup and heatgun method for removing the mirrors to get to the bolts/clasps.

Hopefully this weekend I'll have time to give the truck a much needed wash. I'll also be starting to adjust my AUX battery setup, replacing my ML-ACR with REDARC BCDC1240D and moving the battery and electronics to a box in the bed.

IMG_5311.JPG

Last edited:

JK47TheWeapon

Reaction score
Great mod. I've drained way more oil than I thought I would have since I owned it.
Look into an 3/8" NPT mini ball valve, and 2-3" of tube, for the bottom of the can. Screws right in. Twist the knob and you can drain it easily.

Added a catch can from Mishimoto.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Great mod. I've drained way more oil than I thought I would have since I owned it.
Look into an 3/8" NPT mini ball valve, and 2-3" of tube, for the bottom of the can. Screws right in. Twist the knob and you can drain it easily.
I'll look into that. Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
did 2 small upgrade today.first i move the lighter fuse to stay on ,even if the ignition switch is off.so that way i can still charge.simple,,,its in our manual.second i install a phone holder.had the magnet but when i hit a bump it fell off...in the console.in the pic its not all the way in the holder ...but you all got the idea

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
did 2 small upgrade today.first i move the lighter fuse to stay on ,even if the ignition switch is off.so that way i can still charge.simple,,,its in our manual.second i install a phone holder.had the magnet but when i hit a bump it fell off...in the console.in the pic its not all the way in the holder ...but you all got the idea

Where did you get all the carbon fiber?

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
Done a few things to the Ram over the past couple months. Figured I'd drop them here.

So last post was the upgraded 22" XD wheels. Didn't care to much for the factory 22inch "premiums"
1. Did a full chrome delete.
- Sand blasted the grille and did a paint match.
- Ordered the matte RAM decals from dodge and replaced the chrome ones
- 3M Satin Vinyl wrap on the Limited strip (didnt sell it matte)
- 3M Satin Vinyl on the door handles and mirrors
2. Added a Backflip bed cover. Best investment so far.

Let me know what yall think. Added some before (first 2 pics) and afters.
That's a wicked look man. I'm into it.

Soulkeeper

Reaction score
Although I didn't put them on today, it rained immediately after I put them on so I decided to wait a few days until I could clean him up and wax him again which I did today so....here's the pics with my Gatorback "RAM" Stainless Steel Mud Flaps.
View attachment 68989 View attachment 68990 View attachment 68991

I see a few versions of those and sizes, what's the WxH on those? I like how far they go down. My Weathertech are nice, but those cover a lot more.

Users who are viewing this thread