5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do aftermarket CAI void factory warranty? This is my first ram, I’ve never had issues with mods/warranty work with my other cars.

It can. It just depends on what the issue is that you want to have covered by the warranty.

If you have a blown transmission, a CAI probably will not void warranty coverage.

If you have oil blowby from excessive top end or piston ring/wall wear, then they could definitely say it's because you were not using the stock air filtration system and void your warranty coverage.

mlcarril

Reaction score
Thanks to Skater for turning me onto this. I already got comments on it from my passengers.
0c018b882bc79799d8f1f87b6b8f13fc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IMG_1182.jpeg

turkeybird56

Reaction score
Do aftermarket CAI void factory warranty? This is my first ram, I’ve never had issues with mods/warranty work with my other cars.

Engine gets plenty of air, CAI not needed, unless U plan on big work: like cam/mds/whipple intake, etc.,. then U would also need to re tune all. But by itself, stock fine...

Psyonic64

Reaction score
Depends what issue you have, I have a front brake chirp, rear brake squeak, and had a rear brake howl in reverse.
Mine's a squeal that manifests slowing down from 30-50 mph, usually after being on the road for a half hour or so. There's at least 2 TSBs for other 'brake' issues. The service guy says brakes are far and away the biggest warranty issues he sees on '19 RAMs.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine's a squeal that manifests slowing down from 30-50 mph, usually after being on the road for a half hour or so. There's at least 2 TSBs for other 'brake' issues. The service guy says brakes are far and away the biggest warranty issues he sees on '19 RAMs.
Interestingly enough I haven’t had issues with my brakes squealing while moving like that. Just the chirp and growl in reverse. Surprised I haven’t had this one yet as it seems my brakes are the worst case scenario.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Took my truck in to get the ANC flash TSB, media hub replaced, and new rear calipers. ANC flash was completed, they ordered the rear media hub instead of the front, and they are ordering new brake pads now. Pretty annoying they couldn’t gather that the front hub needed to be replaced when it was a carplay issue as CarPlay doesn’t work in the rear USBs.

turkeybird56

Reaction score
Ditched the chrome “RAM” on the doors and overlayed the grill letters and 4x4 on the tail gate.
dd9686b85b7d922998855844d1e1136d.jpg

6d9a5c880f4ab40460096e9399fcbb56.jpg

c1b772735a9dfeb7ce8883a8c586b001.jpg

dadb4f04352fc13c4cd88d51910f02d3.jpg

06d2bb41dfd660e01ae15eedbabc02a4.jpg

Not in any hurry, but the RAM on the doors is going. At that time I will decide on whether or not to pull the Big/4 X 4 off the rear.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not in any hurry, but the RAM on the doors is going. At that time I will decide on whether or not to pull the Big/4 X 4 off the rear.

Same boat. Blacked it out to so it would atleast match the Bighorn badge. Replace the ram badge on the tailgate with an all black one eventually. Once that’s done I’ll see if I still like the look. Might take both the big horn and 4x4 off. We’ll see. I definitely like the clean door look without the “ram”. Took all of 15mins to get them and the adhesive off.

RickWaz

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up on the two brands! I've bookmarked the LASFIT LEDs in case these Alla LEDs puke.
I plugged the Alla (921) LEDs today into my 3rd brake light & 2 cargo lights. They had amazing output & all AOK. Then I heard some clicking sound by the passenger taillight and what sounded like air leaking in the engine. The truck was not running at the time.

I looked in the cab, and the dash, Nav system and other lights were all flashing. Also get numerous engine error messages and other error lights/icons. The truck would not start. I plugged in a error code reader and no codes were detected.

Replaced the Allas with original bulbs, same errors, lights & sounds. The battery was barely 6V and sound of air was the vacuum pump periodically cycling. Truck still not running.

I also had the Tazer DT plugged in but removing that did not change anything.

It took about 10 minutes to jump charge the battery and it finally started, but still flashing & blinking and many errors. I drove for a few minutes and a couple codes & error messages disappeared.

Drove 35 minutes to the dealership and all codes, errors & messages were gone before I got there and all safety & other features worked fine. The dealership was going to look at on Monday.

Not sure how 3 LED bulbs could f'up the computer or other systems so much.

I'll report back after the dealership has looked at it.

Brent89

Reaction score
Added my standard rear window sticker and put in my Weathertech 3D floor mats. I've heard bad reviews on the original weathertechs, but the 3Ds are soft rubber-like material and fit perfect! And if you look closely at the floor mat pic, you can see a black square velcro piece (upper middle right) that's for my Alien Gear holster.
IMG_4497.JPG IMG_4500.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread