5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It happens. What is the repercussions a $25 fine? Dose it have to be removed too? Its illegal in OH unless you have a script from a Dr. At least I have been lead to beleave that.
$25 fine $49 court costs and carry on my way. Or have it removed and ticket gets thrown out.

Insanity

Reaction score
I think I would pay it unless I thought that particular cop will then try and pimp me for repeat violations.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
$25 fine $49 court costs and carry on my way. Or have it removed and ticket gets thrown out.
sucks, so you might keep it if you pay the fine?
Last time I got pulled over I was giving a fix it ticket and a highway pratol officer had to inspect the vehicle and sign off on it that I had removed the tint, here in California
So I just stop tinting my cars until now
Last weekend I did 35% all around in hopes I won't be a target in comparison with all the limo tint that's around
None of the shops I checked out gave me the confidence to pull the trigger on the windshield

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
sucks, so you might keep it if you pay the fine?
Last time I got pulled over I was giving a fix it ticket and a highway pratol officer had to inspect the vehicle and sign off on it that I had removed the tint, here in California
So I just stop tinting my cars until now
Last weekend I did 35% all around in hopes I won't be a target in comparison with all the limo tint that's around
None of the shops I checked out gave me the confidence to pull the trigger on the windshield
Pay the fine, keep the tint. Almost wish it was a fix it ticket because I would just ignore that. Not sure about Cali, but in Nebraska, there is no way for them to track fix it tickets in their system. So if you never get it signed off, it never shows up in your record. Unless it's the same officer pulling you over, and they remember, no repercussion for not doing anything with it

22Ram1500InAR

Reaction score
Made a bike rack out of the bed rails. Took a little work. Everything inside/nothing hanging out.

Insanity

Reaction score
Made a bike rack out of the bed rails. Took a little work. Everything inside/nothing hanging out.

I only have one bike to deal with so the swagman cross bed bike rack worked for me.

Murphy5156

Reaction score
Got my level installed and new tires. First pictures are the Readylift 2” Level w/UCA’s on stock tires(LT275/70R18), new tires are Toyo Open Country R/T Trail in LT295/70R18, last picture shows them installed. Stock Rebel 18x9 wheels, no wheel spacers, no rubbing anywhere, no trimming needed. View attachment 157854

What running boards are those? I really like them!

flying53brian

Reaction score
Installed this light bar on my bumper a couple of days ago, I think it looks pretty awesome and low profile and very sturdy with no play. I wanted a way to install the Baja Designs lp4's onto the bumper, but I thought they would look better on this.

I have four Baja Designs lp4's I'm waiting to install on it, but first need to decide on which wire management system to go with. I am open to suggestions if anyone has experience with any of these?

1st choice - sPOD Bantamx
2nd choice - Switch-pro 9100
3rd choice - Auxbeam AR-800

Here are some pics of light bar.

8d5a0ee34c3db9b085ce7469663b7b0e.jpg
cb0b8ec5008a7c20b7f7d9417e7b5512.jpg
9bb2d0a7c89ddbb96af5fbd14c28a449.jpg
301d9e4f8817bed92ef235c0c4fabf80.jpg

2020 Ram Rebel 4x4
Fox 2.5 lift

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Got pulled over for windshield tint. Must have been a slow day for the officer.
That sucks. How dark is your windshield tint?

I’ve got 70% on mine, which you can barely notice. Darker would have been nice, but I’m paranoid about getting pulled over.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That sucks. How dark is your windshield tint?

I’ve got 70% on mine, which you can barely notice. Darker would have been nice, but I’m paranoid about getting pulled over.
I have 35% on windshield

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is what I did afterhours today. Perks of working at friend's shop.
Method 305 NV Bronze, 18x9 -12
View attachment 157678

Falken Wildpeak AT3W, 35x12.5R18
View attachment 157679
Not pictured: Removing TPMS sensors from OE wheels.
Mounting Tires: Securing the wheel on machine
View attachment 157680
Step 2: say the magic words and the tires will go onto the wheel by itself. Then just pump air to seat the beads.
View attachment 157681
Step 3: Balance.
View attachment 157682
Step 4: repeat, repeat, sweat your balls off, cuss a few times at the weather, repeat, cuss more because of the sweat and because metal shavings got in your shirt when you were grinding a Lexus GX for long travel install earlier in the morning, repeat, take a break, smoke a few cigarettes, drink plenty of water, and repeat for the fifth one.

Step 5: take out a cutting disk, grinder, hammer and start cutting whatever's rubbing on full lock. I had our body guy help me with that because he does it quicker. We went to town with cutting and grinding because this is not a pavement princess. I need that clearance when out playing.
View attachment 157684
Step 6: take a look at your labor and then realizing 35" does not make as much difference as you originally thought it would. So now you are toying with the idea of going 37s but realizing 37s will be hard to find and more cutting and trimming is needed. So you accept the fact that bigger is always better but... we can't always get what we want.
View attachment 157685
Step 7: You tried to put the spare in the stock location but the bore size on these Methods are too big for the stock hanger. Talk about bigger is always better :confused:
But you remembered you left these Gladiator cargo nets in your truck so you put the spare on top of your Decked Drawer and tie it down like so.
You then decided it is enough unpaid work for the day and you can try to figure out a way to make the stock hanger work some other time. Also you realized you need to pay for AlfaOBD pronto.
View attachment 157686
new wheels again.... :--) life's hard ahahaha

nice setup :) looks good

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed this light bar on my bumper a couple of days ago, I think it looks pretty awesome and low profile and very sturdy with no play. I wanted a way to install the Baja Designs lp4's onto the bumper, but I thought they would look better on this.

I have four Baja Designs lp4's I'm waiting to install on it, but first need to decide on which wire management system to go with. I am open to suggestions if anyone has experience with any of these?

1st choice - sPOD Bantamx
2nd choice - Switch-pro 9100
3rd choice - Auxbeam AR-800

Here are some pics of light bar.

8d5a0ee34c3db9b085ce7469663b7b0e.jpg
cb0b8ec5008a7c20b7f7d9417e7b5512.jpg
9bb2d0a7c89ddbb96af5fbd14c28a449.jpg
301d9e4f8817bed92ef235c0c4fabf80.jpg

2020 Ram Rebel 4x4
Fox 2.5 lift
sPod or switch-pro only
sPod because it's the same company as BD
switch-pro because:
  • it's made in USA. Support your fellow Americans.
  • it's the only switch panel that I, as an installer and offroader/ overlander, can trust with my life. I abused mine for 5 years going through snow, mud, dust, ice, water, heat, and vibration and my switch-pro works just as good as day 1. death valley in summer, mojave in summer, AZ in summer, stoddard wells in summer, anza in summer, big bear when it's snowing, mojave road river crossing, etc all no problem.
  • loads of functions: secondary triggers, output dimming, choices of power by battery or ignition, strobing, flashing, momentary on, bursting, bluetooth remote, voltage readouts, temperature read outs. one key on/off for multiple output, and much more!
  • yeah it's expensive but you install this correctly this will last a long time

As an installer I'm gonna advise you against cheap chinese panels like auxbeam.
  • In my career of installing lights, panels, weboost, head units, and other stuff, I have never seen anything with a failure rate as high as auxbeam.
  • Auxbeam is the only panel that I've installed that have dead panels right out of box. Multiple times.
  • Auxbeam is also the only panel that I've installed that have died within a year. Also multiple times.
  • Auxbeam is also the only panel that I've had to charge for install, then charge for uninstall to swap over to Switch-Pro. Also at least 3 times.
  • Auxbeam is also the only panel that I've had to troubleshoot for problems months after I install and run the lights "because it suddenly stop working"

TLDR:
Switch-Pro is something you can depend your life on. Granted it's a bit pricy but for the performance and value of what it does, it is a bargain.
sPod is from the same company that owns BD, their stuff looks decent but I have no personal experience with.
Auxbeam is trash and stay away. You get what you pay for but be prepared to spend time and money to chase down problems or replace it later down the line.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
oupss ahahah must be because your pictures are so nice that lead me to think they were after market, but still nice wheels :)

are you testing them out soon
it's getting warm where I'm at so probably not gonna be a whole lot of dirt testing.
I know there will be more "on road" testing though lol
We going to Montana this summer to see Glacier Natl Park so probably won't spend a whole lot of time on trails and dirt like we did when we were in Ouray and Telluride area back in 2021

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Illegal in Michigan too. Only allowed a 4" strip on anything in front of drivers seat back. Not many cops give the ticket for side window, but windshield would be instant.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pay the fine, keep the tint. Almost wish it was a fix it ticket because I would just ignore that. Not sure about Cali, but in Nebraska, there is no way for them to track fix it tickets in their system. So if you never get it signed off, it never shows up in your record. Unless it's the same officer pulling you over, and they remember, no repercussion for not doing anything with it
nice, not a bad deal

Users who are viewing this thread