5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Reaction score
Hey guys new to the forum, first post and my fifth Ram overall. 2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab added Rebel wheels and tires, Magnum Rack, linex bed liner, tinted front windows, upgraded led headlights and fog lights.

Attachments

• EBF57DD7-A6B9-4FDD-BC66-454FB3205D17.jpeg
    EBF57DD7-A6B9-4FDD-BC66-454FB3205D17.jpeg
    159.7 KB · Views: 104
  • B85D941A-1B4D-4A5D-B749-5E493426B822.jpeg
    B85D941A-1B4D-4A5D-B749-5E493426B822.jpeg
    156.4 KB · Views: 104
  • E3542FE7-7BB8-47C7-B5CD-48CCC6F0E69B.jpeg
    E3542FE7-7BB8-47C7-B5CD-48CCC6F0E69B.jpeg
    139.1 KB · Views: 104

Mr. Ramrod

Reaction score
I had the same setup as you but found it hard or just a pain when I had people need to sit in the back. I'd have to remove the dog bed entirely and pack it up for them to sit. With this setup, I can just drop one or both seats down and it's just a normal cab.

I'm going to return this though. I still can't get the stickers to properly stick to the floor carpets. I've been at it for 3 hours now. I tried putting together an instal video and it just ended up becoming a rant for 10 minutes so I need to let my blood pressure decrease and then ask Canvasback to initiate a return. I was really hoping this would work.

EDIT: I just asked for a return from Canvas back and ordered this - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HBMD9S2?psc=1&smid=ACV8D5O17U4PX&ref_=chk_typ_imgToDp

I'm so frustrated that it didn't work out because their fitment is perfect but it wan't going to stay down.
Hi Adam,

I’m looking at ordering that same 4knines cover that you ended up with. How do you like it? It seems like it’s got the best combination of coverage and flexibility.

I’ve got a 100lb German Shepard and he sheds a lot! New truck is supposed to get delivered at the end of the month.

Thanks!

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi Adam,

I’m looking at ordering that same 4knines cover that you ended up with. How do you like it? It seems like it’s got the best combination of coverage and flexibility.

I’ve got a 100lb German Shepard and he sheds a lot! New truck is supposed to get delivered at the end of the month.

Thanks!

Good morning, it's okay I wish it were a tiny bit larger both door to doo so it'd cover a bit more on the sides and a little bit longer so it sat in the back completely flat. It's just a smidge too short and 50% of the bed is a hammock and isn't touching the ground. The dog is happy with it and it's good almost 2 years in.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys new to the forum, first post and my fifth Ram overall. 2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab added Rebel wheels and tires, Magnum Rack, linex bed liner, tinted front windows, upgraded led headlights and fog lights.

Welcome!! Truck looks good. Now get ready for us to spend all of your money for you. Mods, mods, mods, mods and so on.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, I am lucky. I found a city girl almost 20 years ago, and brought her home to the country and she won't go back.

We camp year round, but don't usually venture more than an hour or two from home. We've been talking about going out west to do some overlanding, hiking, biking...

I've been outdoors my whole life and spent a lot of time out with my wife and kids, but overlanding is new to us. We're trying to get it right, so we can head out west. Just can't make up our minds on which vehicle to setup. My truck works great for the mild off roading we're doing now.

20230107_092118.jpg

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We camp in the back yard too. If you want to even call it that. 😄

Attachments

• FBBFAB8C-D917-49DA-9C30-C62315AA03BB.jpeg
    FBBFAB8C-D917-49DA-9C30-C62315AA03BB.jpeg
    205.1 KB · Views: 115

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I am lucky. I found a city girl almost 20 years ago, and brought her home to the country and she won't go back.

We camp year round, but don't usually venture more than an hour or two from home. We've been talking about going out west to do some overlanding, hiking, biking...

I've been outdoors my whole life and spent a lot of time out with my wife and kids, but overlanding is new to us. We're trying to get it right, so we can head out west. Just can't make up our minds on which vehicle to setup. My truck works great for the mild off roading we're doing now.

View attachment 148151
From what I've seen by other guys who do the overlanding, your Rebel will work for 95% of the places you might want to go. Most of it seems like established paths/routes.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Soooo, haven't done this yet, but i'm thinking these are my next 2 "quick mods"

First one is a direct plug-n-play replacement of the existing bed lights at the back with brighter (more) LEDs
looks like you retain the OEM on/off button in it as well:

and the second one is the same idea for the Rambox lights:

Anyone per-chance have any experience with these yet?

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
From what I've seen by other guys who do the overlanding, your Rebel will work for 95% of the places you might want to go. Most of it seems like established paths/routes.
That's kinda what I'm seeing. I just like light trails and camping. I don't need to prove I can drive over or through everything.

I will say the off road pages pitch/yaw is nice for RTT camping. However, wish I had gone with Timber Grove air bags to help level the truck vs the Airlift 1000's.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Soooo, haven't done this yet, but i'm thinking these are my next 2 "quick mods"

First one is a direct plug-n-play replacement of the existing bed lights at the back with brighter (more) LEDs
looks like you retain the OEM on/off button in it as well:

and the second one is the same idea for the Rambox lights:

Anyone per-chance have any experience with these yet?
No, but interested in seeing more if you do. They only show these with RamBoxes. Was thinking my standard bed lights angled forward more than their photos show.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No, but interested in seeing more if you do. They only show these with RamBoxes. Was thinking my standard bed lights angled forward more than their photos show.
not 100% here, BUT i don't think the lights themselves (specifically the light housings and LEDs) differ from truck to truck... i do have the ram boxes but that part of my bed is obviously different than the standard like you say, but i 'think' the lights are the same shape/size. That said, mine angle forward like the standard ones, if anything probably more than the standard ones since the angle is sharper to aim into the bed where they sit. I'll do some part number digging, but that may not tell the right story either since those change a lot from time to time.

Edit: i sort of always think like this now with Amazon Prime stuff: i'm not gonna modify the thing to fit the truck, OR the truck to fit the thing for a mod like this... especially when it's sposta be direct fit/plug-n-play... so if it sux, imma just return it. ha!

Edit#2A: reading all of their description, the only thing they say is that you have to have the Bed Utility Group already for these to work (since it's not a retro-fit for trucks that don't already have the lighting... but they don't mention the ramboxes specifically... they do give some oem part #'s so i checked those and found another version of the same thing by the same peeps for that link i put up for the rambox lights themselves and THEY show them in both rambox beds as well as the standard beds.. and they are the same things, so i'm gonna say they'd work.

And thats a brand i used when updating some other LEDs on my other vehicles and they worked out well so i'm goin for it i guess haha.

Last edited:

Steele713

Reaction score
no level or anything? Looks amazing, great job.
Yes level. Have bilstein 5100 up front set to #6(2.1") also 1-1/2" hubcentric wheel spacers as 18" rim was to close to caliper for my liking. Actually knocked the rim weights off when I spun it without spacers, was that close. Once the weights were gone from the inside of rim tire spun fine. Some have said that little bit of clearance is fine, but still was to close for me. Plus I like the stance with the spacers

Users who are viewing this thread

• WFO2

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online