5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agreed on the Fumoto. Once I run through my free oil changes I'll put one on.

TyH2009

Reaction score
Added rear Revel links, it was super easy, did 6 full turns which according to the directions is about 1/2” of lift.

I’m pretty happy with the results, I’ll have to test out at some usually spots I park at, but I think it gave back a very very slight rake. Before with the Readylift level in some instances I think it was slightly nose night.

54136CC1-9E47-4EC3-AED3-15AA5CECE470.jpeg 4AAFA44F-BBCD-424F-BB16-C024D08E2EF3.jpeg 2895EBC9-1BF9-4C08-AE09-2E7B6091DC28.jpeg

Av1

Reaction score
Added rear Revel links, it was super easy, did 6 full turns which according to the directions is about 1/2” of lift.

I’m pretty happy with the results, I’ll have to test out at some usually spots I park at, but I think it gave back a very very slight rake. Before with the Readylift level in some instances I think it was slightly nose night.

View attachment 143734 View attachment 143735 View attachment 143736
I think it has a nice stance in those photos. I've never been a fan of the "nose high" look that many levelled trucks seem to have.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 143734 View attachment 143735 View attachment 143736

I can tell this is that same parking lot in Arnold. 😄 Saw ya on Richardson one day & pointed your truck out to my wife. Small world!

TyH2009

Reaction score
I can tell this is that same parking lot in Arnold. 😄 Saw ya on Richardson one day & pointed your truck out to my wife. Small world!
Haha thanks! This was over behind the gym this time in that plaza.

Last edited:

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I asked, because the truck has a few minor mods I would be interested to know the history of, such as the red lettering and badge on the front and back.

It's strange how we can go to one dealership and get assaulted by a mob of salesmen. And then we go to the next dealership and no one will even come out and see if we want to look at a vehicle. We were shopping used so we just went into the used car office at McKinney. A salesperson asked us if we needed help. We told her we wanted to see the Rebel out front and that was about it. No pressured sales pitch. We looked over the truck with a fine-toothed comb and took it for a test drive.

The only issue is that they played the "go ask the sales manager game" from a distance. Every time my son made an offer, the salesperson had to physically walk all the way back to the main building and talk to the sale manager, then walk all the way back. She definitely got a work out in very windy and partially rainy weather. It's like they didn't know what a telephone was. I told my son this was just a technique dealerships use to keep you at their dealership and to avoid direct negotiation with their sales manager. But my son already knew what the truck was worth and what he wanted to spend. Their asking price was already $5,000 below what the same truck would sale for in Arkansas. It only took the sales person three trips until we had a deal. Since the truck was exactly what he wanted, I warned my son (and my wife) not to look so excited about it during negotiations.

View attachment 143674
Crest did thst when I bought my Z06. I believe that they leave so they csn listen to your conversation on their office phone.

We were going through the same thing with crest, told my wife they're not going to meet my price, let's go while he's gone.

Both the salesman and the sales manager came running back to the salesmen office.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Crest did thst when I bought my Z06. I believe that they leave so they csn listen to your conversation on their office phone.

We were going through the same thing with crest, told my wife they're not going to meet my price, let's go while he's gone.

Both the salesman and the sales manager came running back to the salesmen office.
I remember catching a math error when 'negotiating' when buying my Dakota in '96. The salesman tallied up everything by hand and I, being a nerdy engineer, had come from work so had my calculator with me. I checked the math and ended up catching them inflating the price another $800.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Washed it after a few thousand interstate miles.

EvIXl3P.jpeg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
2nd ones I saw on here.. whats the install like?

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
First side sucks trying to figure out how everything comes apart. Second side is a breeze because you know how everything comes apart.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
First side sucks trying to figure out how everything comes apart. Second side is a breeze because you know how everything comes apart.
Taking the mirror off is the hardest part too me.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Taking the mirror off is the hardest part too me.
Watched a video for taking the glass out. Was a little scary on first one, but I had a broken mirror to practice on. After doing it once, it's not that bad.

Users who are viewing this thread