5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Michelin just activated their rebates last week as well. Right after I bought mine, of course.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I changed tires within 1000km of ownership. I bought in the fall when the rebates kicked in and sold the stock ones on FB. I think ended up spending $350 on tires out of pocket at the end of the day.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got my truck back from having it ceramic coated today and I put on my good wheels/tires that I took off my '19 before I traded it in.

I got the windows tinted a couple of weeks ago and put on the Bak Revolver X4s before that.

I think I'm done now.

Attachments

• 2022-09-23 17.10.44.jpg
    2022-09-23 17.10.44.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 155

Fillet1

Reaction score
Uhh - I ordered 20” limited wheels for my 22 eco, Right on brackets and Retrax one, Conti terrain contacts and 1/2 wheel spacers …..don’t tell the wife

AndBen

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Added LineX, Undercover bed cover and Swing Cases…

Attachments

• 8A56F144-7866-47CA-8216-37C5FAA30C2B.jpeg
    8A56F144-7866-47CA-8216-37C5FAA30C2B.jpeg
    186.5 KB · Views: 112
  • BC816E4C-A666-42F5-96C1-84FAA585F585.jpeg
    BC816E4C-A666-42F5-96C1-84FAA585F585.jpeg
    201.3 KB · Views: 114
  • DA9D352E-DA70-4193-9A0D-0568E474067E.jpeg
    DA9D352E-DA70-4193-9A0D-0568E474067E.jpeg
    179.8 KB · Views: 112

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Uhh - I ordered 20” limited wheels for my 22 eco, Right on brackets and Retrax one, Conti terrain contacts and 1/2 wheel spacers …..don’t tell the wife
$500 gas card or you're sleeping in the doghouse!

Unclepoot

Reaction score
I got my truck back from having it ceramic coated today and I put on my good wheels/tires that I took off my '19 before I traded it in.

I got the windows tinted a couple of weeks ago and put on the Bak Revolver X4s before that.

I think I'm done now.
How are you liking the revolver X4S? I’m wishing I would’ve gone that route instead of the trifold…

Ramisgood

Reaction score
On my way to get shoes appropriate to our winter snows for Baby Blue, I put a hole in a tire. it's an eye opener watching the tire pressure drop as you're headed into town for a fix.

Learned that the temporary spare and wheel combo we have is essentially useless as the tire shop wouldn't put one of my good tires on the wheel because it has a sticker on it disallowing that. It's hard to imagine Ram selling a truck without an adequate spare; what would one do if they got a nail in their temporary? Calling around to the wrecking yards and they want $180 for a wheel. Dang, I can buy a set of 4 wheels and tires off Craigslist with just 7 miles on them for 375.

PDiddy

Reaction score
Installed some Sumo Springs. Super easy to do with the right tools. Took about 45 minutes total. I have about 1” gap between the spring and the axle. Maybe a tad less. I took the truck out and tried to hit some bumps to see if I could feel the difference. I couldn’t so far. I think if the bump is big enough or I’m going fast enough I might notice. But I’m looking forward to this stiffening up my suspension while towing.
44FE2E83-32C1-44B8-854B-D746B1DB6FBD.jpeg 5531E30D-4F36-4681-B9B8-A437F5D6D5BA.jpeg 051C6979-67A8-4D7F-A927-F0C5428EE251.jpeg

Attachments

• C6BE6FA6-FEBF-4FD7-B5F7-2E44C748B3BC.jpeg
    C6BE6FA6-FEBF-4FD7-B5F7-2E44C748B3BC.jpeg
    108.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 6DAD4500-D2D5-4B1E-ACE3-501D0CC5B59A.jpeg
    6DAD4500-D2D5-4B1E-ACE3-501D0CC5B59A.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

MrBuhl

Reaction score
Today I added some new to me, (used CL) Smittybuilt M1A2 running boards on my 2019 Big Horn Crew North, quick and easy... took about 45 min. $100 plus $18.50 in 8mm / 1.25 nuts and lock washers. I like the look and the wife needs the step up on the passenger side! 20220925_155708.jpg 20220925_155843.jpg 20220925_170209.jpg

Last edited:

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How are you liking the revolver X4S? I’m wishing I would’ve gone that route instead of the trifold…

I really like it a lot. I had a Revolver X4 on my '19, a BakFlip (i.e. hard tri-fold) on my '09, and before that I had Retrax covers on a couple of trucks.

I like the X4s best of them all. It's almost identical to the X4, which I also really liked. But, after 3 years, the felt runners on the underside of the X4 were falling down. The heat got to the glue that holds them on. The X4s has some kind of rubber things instead of that felt, so I don't think I'll have that problem.

I like the X4/X4s the best because it takes up no room in the bed when it's rolled up, like the Retrax did. It doesn't block my view out the rear window, like the trifold did (when both are rolled/folded up). I think it looks better than the trifold. And I don't need a separate key for it, like I did for the Retrax. If it's closed and I lock the truck, the cover is secure.

Oh, and I had the factory soft trifold on my '21 for the first month or so. That thing sucked in comparison to any of them. After being used to the X4 on my '19 and going to the factory trifold, the fact that I had to open the tailgate to close the cover was really aggravating. Also, not being able to put the trifold on (closed) when the bed was totally full really sucked, too. You have to have a little room at each corner for the locking levers to swing through with the factory trifold. Also very annoying. And, with the factory cover, when you have it totally open it is not attached to the truck at all, so you can't drive with it on the truck but totally open (like you can with any of the others). All of that plus the fact that any truck with the factory trifold has different rails, which you have to replace before you can install almost any other cover, just makes the factory trifold a super, major POS. (but I have one with the rails in my garage, if anyone wants it LOL!)

Also, I think I'm a Bak customer for life now. I emailed them about the felt falling down on my X4 and also it had developed some cracks in the vinyl on top. They said I was just a month or so outside of warranty but they were going to send me a brand new whole top at no charge. That is pretty awesome, I think. As it worked out, I traded my '19 for my '21 before I got anything worked out with Bak, so I ended up telling them no need to send me a new top, but I did want to buy a new one for my new truck. For that, they gave me a 50% off coupon for the new top.

Bak went really above and beyond on customer service, which just makes me like my X4s even more.

Unclepoot

Reaction score
I really like it a lot. I had a Revolver X4 on my '19, a BakFlip (i.e. hard tri-fold) on my '09, and before that I had Retrax covers on a couple of trucks.

I like the X4s best of them all. It's almost identical to the X4, which I also really liked. But, after 3 years, the felt runners on the underside of the X4 were falling down. The heat got to the glue that holds them on. The X4s has some kind of rubber things instead of that felt, so I don't think I'll have that problem.

I like the X4/X4s the best because it takes up no room in the bed when it's rolled up, like the Retrax did. It doesn't block my view out the rear window, like the trifold did (when both are rolled/folded up). I think it looks better than the trifold. And I don't need a separate key for it, like I did for the Retrax. If it's closed and I lock the truck, the cover is secure.

Oh, and I had the factory soft trifold on my '21 for the first month or so. That thing sucked in comparison to any of them. After being used to the X4 on my '19 and going to the factory trifold, the fact that I had to open the tailgate to close the cover was really aggravating. Also, not being able to put the trifold on (closed) when the bed was totally full really sucked, too. You have to have a little room at each corner for the locking levers to swing through with the factory trifold. Also very annoying. And, with the factory cover, when you have it totally open it is not attached to the truck at all, so you can't drive with it on the truck but totally open (like you can with any of the others). All of that plus the fact that any truck with the factory trifold has different rails, which you have to replace before you can install almost any other cover, just makes the factory trifold a super, major POS. (but I have one with the rails in my garage, if anyone wants it LOL!)

Also, I think I'm a Bak customer for life now. I emailed them about the felt falling down on my X4 and also it had developed some cracks in the vinyl on top. They said I was just a month or so outside of warranty but they were going to send me a brand new whole top at no charge. That is pretty awesome, I think. As it worked out, I traded my '19 for my '21 before I got anything worked out with Bak, so I ended up telling them no need to send me a new top, but I did want to buy a new one for my new truck. For that, they gave me a 50% off coupon for the new top.

Bak went really above and beyond on customer service, which just makes me like my X4s even more.
That’s awesome! The factory tri fold sounds like trash! I like my Gator fx, except having to open to close the tailgate, and if completely open it blocks my entire rear view. Thanks for the write up!

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think you truck parts buying degenerates have talked me into it (although it didn't take much convincing). I'm gonna order new tires. Even if I don't get around to putting them on for a couple weeks, I can't pass up the deal. Might as well save what money I can on something I'm going to need to buy probably before winter is over anyway.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think you truck parts buying degenerates have talked me into it (although it didn't take much convincing). I'm gonna order new tires. Even if I don't get around to putting them on for a couple weeks, I can't pass up the deal. Might as well save what money I can on something I'm going to need to buy probably before winter is over anyway.
Depending on where you buy them, it's cheaper to buy through a store that will price match, than buying online and then paying a shop to have them mounted. Some store include mount/balance into the price of the tires, or will charge more to mount tire you didn't buy from them

Users who are viewing this thread