5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Marty313

Reaction score
Got it debadged, black hood emblems, and some B2 fab 5” tips. Got the muffler delete too, but not installed yet.

Attachments

• 9FC1D7CF-82AD-43EE-B3CE-B23510CB6F97.jpeg
    9FC1D7CF-82AD-43EE-B3CE-B23510CB6F97.jpeg
    309.9 KB · Views: 210
  • 97291662-910C-46B9-AFC3-9A921A8713C8.jpeg
    97291662-910C-46B9-AFC3-9A921A8713C8.jpeg
    333.6 KB · Views: 211

Brunzca

Reaction score
Tuesday: Replaced the CDT Unity 8.0 Widebands in the dash with Excelsus XXM 325s, and re-tuned. So far, so good, not a major difference (since I had the Unity's dialed in) - but they do sound really good

Wed: Took my kids to Halloween Horror Nights @ Universal Studios in Orlando.

Thurs: Woke up at the hotel to find someone had broken into my truck overnight by smashing the right rear passenger window. Great.. Luckily, nothing was taken. Not even my radar detector, or my Costa sunglasses in the console. They just went through the glove box, but didn't take anything, at all. Very lucky there. So, now working to get the window replaced before a potential hurricane/trop storm next week. Safelite is sched for Tues afternoon - if they show up.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tuesday: Replaced the CDT Unity 8.0 Widebands in the dash with Excelsus XXM 325s, and re-tuned. So far, so good, not a major difference (since I had the Unity's dialed in) - but they do sound really good

Wed: Took my kids to Halloween Horror Nights @ Universal Studios in Orlando.

Thurs: Woke up at the hotel to find someone had broken into my truck overnight by smashing the right rear passenger window. Great.. Luckily, nothing was taken. Not even my radar detector, or my Costa sunglasses in the console. They just went through the glove box, but didn't take anything, at all. Very lucky there. So, now working to get the window replaced before a potential hurricane/trop storm next week. Safelite is sched for Tues afternoon - if they show up.

Dang, sorry to hear that man. I traveled to FL this week also & am traveling every other week or more for work & always dread the same thing at hotels. Hate that helpless feeling overnight.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Walked past my truck in the corner of the parking lot on my daily lunch walk. These puny tires are really getting to me. I have a hard time replacing them though when they still have a little life left. Dreaming of a level and 35's as soon as I can.

I don't know if this will help or not, but what I did with my '19 is drove on the stock tires until they needed to be replaced to pass state inspection. Then, I bought new wheels and tires and put the stock wheels and tires in my garage.

When I traded my '19 for a '21, I put the original wheels/tires back on and kept my nice wheels/tires.

With my '21, I am about to put my nice wheels/tires on and keep the stock ones just like before. But, this time, I am taking the stock stuff off sooner. When I eventually put the stock stuff back on prior to trading, the stock tires will have enough tread left that the dealer can't ding my trade-in value for "well, I'm going to have to put tires on it before I can sell it."

Maybe that can be your justification for new wheels and tires, too, and soon.

Also, my stock wheels (on both trucks) were/are 22". I bought 20" wheels for mine. The 20" tires are a lot less expensive than 22" tires. So, by investing in 20" wheels I save money at every tire change. They have now paid for themselves.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't know if this will help or not, but what I did with my '19 is drove on the stock tires until they needed to be replaced to pass state inspection. Then, I bought new wheels and tires and put the stock wheels and tires in my garage.

When I traded my '19 for a '21, I put the original wheels/tires back on and kept my nice wheels/tires.

With my '21, I am about to put my nice wheels/tires on and keep the stock ones just like before. But, this time, I am taking the stock stuff off sooner. When I eventually put the stock stuff back on prior to trading, the stock tires will have enough tread left that the dealer can't ding my trade-in value for "well, I'm going to have to put tires on it before I can sell it."

Maybe that can be your justification for new wheels and tires, too, and soon.

Also, my stock wheels (on both trucks) were/are 22". I bought 20" wheels for mine. The 20" tires are a lot less expensive than 22" tires. So, by investing in 20" wheels I save money at every tire change. They have now paid for themselves.
Not a bad idea! I think I'm keeping the stock wheels though. If I don't like the look then I'll shop aftermarkets, but from what I've seen from others on here, it should be a good look. I'll never know til I see it in person though.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not a bad idea! I think I'm keeping the stock wheels though. If I don't like the look then I'll shop aftermarkets, but from what I've seen from others on here, it should be a good look. I'll never know til I see it in person though.

I can't tell what size wheels you have now. I had the 22s and new tires were so much cheaper in a 20" size that getting wheels AND tires was only maybe something like $300 more. I can't remember exactly now.

I wasn't really trying to get new wheels, but it made financial sense (for me).

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can't tell what size wheels you have now. I had the 22s and new tires were so much cheaper in a 20" size that getting wheels AND tires was only maybe something like $300 more. I can't remember exactly now.

I wasn't really trying to get new wheels, but it made financial sense (for me).
I have the stock night package 20's (bighorn).

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Walked past my truck in the corner of the parking lot on my daily lunch walk. These puny tires are really getting to me. I have a hard time replacing them though when they still have a little life left. Dreaming of a level and 35's as soon as I can.
View attachment 139694
I concur. I only have 5,000 miles on my truck and the cheap-skate in me can't reconcile spending money on the bigger tires until the original ones are spent.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I concur. I only have 5,000 miles on my truck and the cheap-skate in me can't reconcile spending money on the bigger tires until the original ones are spent.
Same. But..... I just had to look for giggles. And now I have a conundrum. 5% off my order, $120 in instant savings, and 0% financing on the order.
1663956454809.png

Users who are viewing this thread