5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

stevj

Reaction score
On a clear day, I can see Seattle from my house.
Sheared a bolt in half while installing GoRhino Dominator D6 running boards. Hopefully the warranty team will get back to me with a new bolt and bracket? I hope. View attachment 21317 View attachment 21318
Exactly why I usually don't use nuts and bolts in a kit unless they have grade markings on them. Those don't.
You might want to visit your local hardware store and get at least Grade 5 bolts to replace the ones in the kit. Grade 8 if you really want to tighten them good.
Peace of mind.

Steve

Last edited:

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, it was actually 2 days ago, but slapped my AFE CAI on Max. He loves it. ;)
View attachment 14054
I installed this on my longhorn 5.7 hemi. * IMPORTANT* - AFE claims up to 18 HP and 23 Lbs torque gains. My truck was quicker and had more torque with the stock intake. after installing the afe stage 2 CAI I instantly felt it gave my truck a slight, "Sluggish" performance drop. So from a performance perspective I wasn't pleased at all to say the least.. But what it did do was totally enhance the sound of my truck with the magnaflow exhaust installed. It really brought the hemi to life!

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Jake19 recommended https://www.coyoteaccessories.com/

I don’t have the link to the exact ones, but you can find it in one of the recent wheel spacers threads. They were $80 cheaper than Bora’s.
I originally purchased the 2" but it made my 12" wide tires rub to much. Replaced with 1.5" and they fit snug! *Buyers take note. at the top of the page it sates "this product does not fit your 2019 dodge ram". not true they fit perfectly against the hub. Fact

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed my Mopar bed step. I was hesitant to order it due to the cost, but I have to say, it’s well made, very solid and works great. Bit of s PITA to install on my back on a creeper, but no issues. Should have ordered it from the factory and saved myself a few bucks.
Bought the bed to cab seal as well so that is next. :)
How close does the bedstep sit next to the exhaust pipe? I have the magnaflow exhaust and the exhaust tips are bigger than stock. I am weary that the bedstep wont fit because of them.

Keemosabe

Reaction score
How close does the bedstep sit next to the exhaust pipe? I have the magnaflow exhaust and the exhaust tips are bigger than stock. I am weary that the bedstep wont fit because of them.
I’ll take a photo for you this (Friday) AM.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hooked the wire in for the bed lights under the rear door sill and chasing to the View attachment 21312 View attachment 21312 View attachment 21313 View attachment 21314 View attachment 21314 back was like wrestling a greased pig.
Hooked in some 20 dollar EBAY lights
Nice post and pics. Exactly my plan! But I couldn’t decide which eBay light would work... can you share a link to what you bought, and show a pic of how you mounted those lights please? Did you re-use the plastic plugs as mounting brackets? Do you think they are too bright or just right? EDIT: I asked over on the bed lighting kit thread so we can keep the topic going there.

Last edited:

MattF

Reaction score
I just learned about Bead Maker this past month on a Porsche site. I was sceptical but I order some and tried it out on the truck - amazing product!! The results are impressive and you can use it on almost anything! Highly recommend it

Matt

For abuff, polish and ceramic coating, it was about $850. I would probably recommend doing a second coating on it which would be an additional $400, however, I have started using a product called bead maker and it is INSANE how much smoother the coating is afterwards. It helps the ceramic coating to last a little bit longer than it normally would.

https://www.theragcompany.com/p-s-bead-maker-paint-protectant-pint-16-oz/
https://www.theragcompany.com/kit-2...pint-p-s-bead-maker-five-orange-eagle-towels/

Here is a video on it.

If you don't end up doing a ceramic coating, at least do the Bead Maker once in awhile. You will be blown away with the results.

SColang22

Reaction score
I installed this on my longhorn 5.7 hemi. * IMPORTANT* - AFE claims up to 18 HP and 23 Lbs torque gains. My truck was quicker and had more torque with the stock intake. after installing the afe stage 2 CAI I instantly felt it gave my truck a slight, "Sluggish" performance drop. So from a performance perspective I wasn't pleased at all to say the least.. But what it did do was totally enhance the sound of my truck with the magnaflow exhaust installed. It really brought the hemi to life!
Really? I gained .2 on my 0-60 from just the AFE.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I just learned about Bead Maker this past month on a Porsche site. I was sceptical but I order some and tried it out on the truck - amazing product!! The results are impressive and you can use it on almost anything! Highly recommend it

Did you see the video above that compared it to Nano Shock? It appears you may be even happier with the Nano Shock versus the BM.

klail

Reaction score
Did you see the video above that compared it to Nano Shock? It appears you may be even happier with the Nano Shock versus the BM.
I will have to give it a try. Looks very similar with a similar price. Thanks for the recommendation!

Users who are viewing this thread