5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Figured out a cheap way to mount flags in stake pocket holes. Going to use for car shows.

Attachments

• PXL_20220615_230342953.jpg
    PXL_20220615_230342953.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 180
  • PXL_20220615_232355645.jpg
    PXL_20220615_232355645.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 180
  • PXL_20220615_232401801.jpg
    PXL_20220615_232401801.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 180

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Haha guess so. Went for a drive didn’t notice anything. So took some back road little fast. And noticed myself trying to lean my body, except the truck wasn’t leaning / roll like it would normally. All I really noticed.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had one like that on my Tundra for about a week. Some dirtbag decided he needed it more than me.
That sucks. My wife had a nice one on her Explorer for about two weeks, same thing - wtf can't people keep their hands to themselves. I buy the metal hitch covers now, and lock them on

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Went to Walmart to pick up a Mobil 1 filter and some oil, going back to Mobil 1 (I've noticed the PUP causing lifter tick at start up) and found this, 12 quart box

View attachment 132314

12 Quarts for the same price as two 5 quart jugs so 2 quarts free
I’m envious. I wish mobil1 would make an oil spec’d for the ecodiesel so I could buy them a box at a time.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Went to Walmart to pick up a Mobil 1 filter and some oil, going back to Mobil 1 (I've noticed the PUP causing lifter tick at start up) and found this, 12 quart box

View attachment 132314

12 Quarts for the same price as two 5 quart jugs so 2 quarts free
I've bought that for the wife's car as it's actually spec's for Chevy and hasn't been for Dodge/Ram. Just remember, Mobil1 is a group 3 hydrocracked synthetic now. PUP is a true group 4 synthetic.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've bought that for the wife's car as it's actually spec's for Chevy and hasn't been for Dodge/Ram. Just remember, Mobil1 is a group 3 hydrocracked synthetic now. PUP is a true group 4 synthetic.
I didn’t know that. Looks like I have some more research to do.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Based on a Q & A session with Pennzoil, PUP is a Group III oil, not Group IV.

3. How is PurePlus™ Technology classified? Is PurePlus base oil considered to be Group III+, or Group IV, or some other group altogether?
PurePlus™ base oil is classified as an API Group III product. It is important to note there is no such category as an API Group III+ base oil, interested readers can download and check out a copy of API 1509 for the current official base oil definitions. PurePlus™ base oil is classified as API Group III base oil based on its molecular structure, but it exceeds the minimum requirements for API Group III base oil.
5. How does the GTL base oil compare with PAO base oil in the various measures of performance?
While PurePlus™ base oil and PAO base oil differ in regard to viscosity, volatility and chemical composition; PurePlus base oil and PAO base oil are similar in their ability to enable top-of-the-line engine oils to perform at a very high level. The key difference between Pennzoil Platinum® with PurePlus™ Technology and competitive PAO formulations rests with the additive chemistry that is paired with the PurePlus™ base oil. The synergy of PurePlus™ base oil and our best additive chemistry, in the Pennzoil line up of products, results in a fully synthetic motor.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread