5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
"Does not ship to Canada"..........just my luck.
Call up a Customs Broker. I use Summit Customs Brokers. They pretty much have an office at every major border crossing. I get parts shipped to their border crossing office all the time and usually for free and they do all the paperwork and then ship it to their local office where I live. Usually the duty and fees they charge is less than UPS or Purolator.

Tankbrt

Reaction score
So this is a what I did to my Ram today/Rant.
Around a month and a half ago my truck developed a heavy exhaust leak in the front drivers finderwell on cold start for roughly 30 seconds. I took it to my local dealership (Which I'll name later) and they wanted to argue with me that it was a lifter noise that is normal on cold start. My argument was if that is the case it should only last at most 5 seconds or there is an issue. Reluctantly they took it and low an behold 3 days later I get a call stating that the header is cracked. I get the truck back and just a few days later it develops the same exhaust leak on cold start. I take it back and get argued with again. Again they take it and I get a call back stating that it is lifter noise. I told them knowing that they wouldn't do it that if they replaced one lifter that all needed to be replaced and the cam aswell. They tell me they'll get back to me. A week later they tell me that the shop Forman looked at it and found the collector to the cat wasn't reinstalled properly and blew out the gasket. They replace it and I get the truck back. Here is the kicker. The truck was close to needing an oil change and the second time they had it they did a "free" oil change for me. The problem is that the truck now on every single start, cold, or hot had 10 to 15 seconds of lifter tick. Took it back and was told that it was normal nothing they could do! So today I put in redline 5w30 and a k&n filter and it no longer has the lifter tick and the oil that came out was ridiculously thin. Do not take your vehicle to Rockwall dodge/ram of Rockwall tx!

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
These No drill molded ones (Husky AND Weather tech) are designed to fit over the little “spats” that are already on our trucks. You shouldn’t have to remove anything but a few factory screws.

If you’re talking about the oem mud “FLAPS” those crappy shovels have to come off. But I’m sure that’s not what you mean.

Can you post pics of you holding the flap up to your wheel well so we can see what about it looks like it doesn’t fit??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is what I have on my truck right now. This was an "as built by dealer" truck so I not sure if they are the oem flaps, or the 'spats' as you call them....

Attachments

• 20220515_083145.jpg
    20220515_083145.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 102
  • 20220515_083149.jpg
    20220515_083149.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 107
  • 20220515_083156.jpg
    20220515_083156.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 20220515_083222.jpg
    20220515_083222.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 105

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Replaced the chrome emblems and window surrounds. Only chrome left is grill, tow hooks and tips.
View attachment 129504

Did you replace the widow surround chrome, or did you have it wrapped? I will be getting my new BigHorn soon and I would like to replace to black window surround with chrome (I'm Old - I like chrome). If you replaced it; did you do it yourself or have a shop do it? Just wondering how easy the swap is? I am also cheap and couldn't justify buying the Limited just because I wanted the chrome around the window.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This is what I have on my truck right now. This was an "as built by dealer" truck so I not sure if they are the oem flaps, or the 'spats' as you call them....
You need to remove those first and when you do the paint will probably be damaged underneath them. They look like the Mopar mud flaps.

Last edited:

1lowcab

Reaction score
Finally got my air bags installed today, they've only been sitting on my bench for like 9 months, lol!
No pics as I flew through it. Had to get them in because next weekend I start towing gravel for my garage project.

Last edited:

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess I'm stuck with these then cuz I'm not about to deal with damaged paint, etc.

You won’t notice if your paint is damaged beyond doing a paint correction unless you remove them and assess the damage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I'm stuck with these then cuz I'm not about to deal with damaged paint, etc.

Yeah that’s definitely what I did not think you meant. Haha. But yeah I guess if it ain’t broke… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up a bunch of 12’ trim boards and some other stuff. When I was loading up it was like a commercial for the ram boxes and the bed extender And my wife said the other 2 dudes there picking up stuff were peering over at it when I was tying stuff down.

Almost forgot to snap a pic (I was mostly unloaded at this point.)

e2e6a0e84b0c7ad3ff64f289801184f2.jpg

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How easy is it to install that bed extender? Is it something that you can just unattach if you want to use the whole bed?

I like the idea of the extender, especially with the short box, but I do camp in my truck on occasion.....leading me to question the feasibility of such a move.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is the one that comes with the ram boxes and bed utility group. I got the pins for it on Amazon, but it’s just snaps in and out. And when it’s out it’s used as a bed divider. (Ram doesn’t include the pins anymore)

jgc650i

Reaction score
Changed my Hellwig Sway Bar to the middle setting from the tightest. Wasn't too bad, but seemed just a tad too much on the tightest setting. Middle setting definitely seems to be the sweet spot, as most other posters have similarly commented.

Also installed some additional bed lighting and a new switch. Already had installed LEDs behind the BUG rails and wired them to the OEM switch. Decided the side lighting behind BUG wasn't quite enough and added some down lighting under the bed side tops. Also installed an additional switch still wired to the OEM lighting tap. So, now I can either have just the OEM bed lighting or both the OEM lighting and my additional LEDs, all still working off the OEM lighting setup including automatic activation/shutdown, or switched activation. Pics show the before and after installing the additional down lighting, both with and without the bed cover closed, and the new switch installed.

Attachments

• Before1.jpeg
    Before1.jpeg
    367.9 KB · Views: 162
  • Before2.jpeg
    Before2.jpeg
    335.9 KB · Views: 156
  • After2.jpeg
    After2.jpeg
    370.1 KB · Views: 147
  • After1.jpeg
    After1.jpeg
    404.9 KB · Views: 152
  • NewSwitch.jpeg
    NewSwitch.jpeg
    581 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:

LuvGun

Reaction score
Can somebody please post close ups of their aftermarket mud flaps installation?

I just received my second set and.....again....they don't fit. I wanna make sure that I am not being a doofus before I send these ones back.
20220516_065620.jpg 20220516_065642.jpg

Johnny32g

Reaction score
36D29FED-77FE-44A0-BA78-5148AB049173.jpeg
I’m not sure if I like them yet. I decided to try and add vinyl stickers in a couple places. The red is just a little off though. So I’ll give It a few days before I decide to keep them. 69E9FB83-8397-43C8-98A7-D1D01FEDDF3A.jpeg

jwortsman

Reaction score
Did you replace the widow surround chrome, or did you have it wrapped? I will be getting my new BigHorn soon and I would like to replace to black window surround with chrome (I'm Old - I like chrome). If you replaced it; did you do it yourself or have a shop do it? Just wondering how easy the swap is? I am also cheap and couldn't justify buying the Limited just because I wanted the chrome around the window.
I replaced it myself. A bit of a learning curve, but fairly simple once you get going. Front is a pain b/c you have to remove the mirror, but once I figured it out, the second door only took about 15 minutes. I'm going to list all the chrome that I took off in the next day or so in the buy, sell, trade.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 129576
I’m not sure if I like them yet. I decided to try and add vinyl stickers in a couple places. The red is just a little off though. So I’ll give It a few days before I decide to keep them. View attachment 129578
I agree....grill, not door. It might be different in person but I don't think the coor is noticeably off on the grill....maybe because of the black in between.

Wabbit88

Reaction score
Cleaned and de-cluttered the interior then took it in for an oil change. Nothing like sitting in the dealership for hrs…

Users who are viewing this thread